April we're getting a new Lost In Space.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I'm about 5 episodes in and don't know much about previous versions of the show, but I'm annoyed with the Dr. Smith story line for some reason. I think maybe they brought that portion of the overall story in too soon or something. Maybe it was like that in the originals or previous versions but it's driving me nuts. I feel they should've fleshed out more of the main story, why they need to leave earth, relationships, life on the main ship etc. first. IDK. I'll keep watching. A lot of "yea right" moments and events that happen for the sake of filler, but the CGI is awesome and overall it's ok.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
I'm about 5 episodes in and don't know much about previous versions of the show, but I'm annoyed with the Dr. Smith story line for some reason. I think maybe they brought that portion of the overall story in too soon or something. Maybe it was like that in the originals or previous versions but it's driving me nuts. I feel they should've fleshed out more of the main story, why they need to leave earth, relationships, life on the main ship etc. first. IDK. I'll keep watching. A lot of "yea right" moments and events that happen for the sake of filler, but the CGI is awesome and overall it's ok.

Flashbacks man! its a flashback happy show!

freeskier93

Apr 17, 2015

Her storyline is waaaaaay to contrived.

dud

Diamond Member
Feb 18, 2001
Much better than expected although the flashbacks (as in too many) really hurt the story they are trying to tell.

Reactions: Thebobo

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Just watched this. Visually stunning, but meh. So much promise all wasted on overly exploited plot lines. I really wanted to like it more.

Reactions: Thebobo

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I've seen two. They arent great. Once again they drag things out by replacing activity with people standing around feeling sorry for themselves and not actually doing anything. The first two seasons were similar.
This did not need three seasons of TV. It should have been a miniseries with maybe 3 two-hour movies and thats it. They dont have enough good ideas for three seasons of a one hour show. I hope one day some nerd with video editing skills does a condensed version.

Reactions: TheVrolok

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
I've seen two. They arent great. Once again they drag things out by replacing activity with people standing around feeling sorry for themselves and not actually doing anything. The first two seasons were similar.
This did not need three seasons of TV. It should have been a miniseries with maybe 3 two-hour movies and thats it. They dont have enough good ideas for three seasons of a one hour show. I hope one day some nerd with video editing skills does a condensed version.
Yeah, that's a really good point. Season 1 was better, IMHO, but s2 and the beginning of s3 aren't looking so good. Also, it's just too jumbled with with to many disasters seemingly conceived just to force more drama at the expense of a coherent timeline.