April Fools Joke that went wrong :(

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Skoorb
Originally posted by: ndee
AF jokes are fvcking dumb. Serves you right :( Yeah I'm a spoil-sport :|

YOU are dumb for calling me dumb!
YOU are dumb for calling me dumb for saying you were dumb, when in fact I didn't say you were dumb, dumby!!

Ha, you are even DUMBER for calling ME dumb because I called you dumb for calling me dumb! Oh right, you said AF jokes were dumb. And you posted that in my thread so.... YOU think that MY AF joke was dumb, when it wasn't!
YOUR DUMB!

YOU'RE MOM!

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000

YOU are dumb for calling me dumb for saying you were dumb, when in fact I didn't say you were dumb, dumby!!

Ha, you are even DUMBER for calling ME dumb because I called you dumb for calling me dumb! Oh right, you said AF jokes were dumb. And you posted that in my thread so.... YOU think that MY AF joke was dumb, when it wasn't!
YOUR DUMB!

aren't you the one that started a grammar thread a few weeks ago, Skoorb? ;)

ndee

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Kenazo

YOUR DUMB!

aren't you the one that started a grammar thread a few weeks ago, Skoorb? ;)

Your didn't got it!

Ogg

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2003
Originally posted by: crumpet19
Originally posted by: spherrod
<Whoops! - Forgot to introduce this, we sent this to 'select' employees this morning>

Hi all,

You may have noticed a marked increase in virus alert e-mails over the last couple of days. Global IT have informed me that they have tracked the source of the majority of the mails to a registration domain which stores e-mail addresses harvested from forums, messenger and/or simply e-mail traffic. Apparently the virus refers to this database and spoofs the addresses to perpetuate itself across the internet.

In order to remove your e-mail addresses from this database, I would please ask you to do the following?

1. Save any work you are currently in the middle of
2. Close all programs apart from Outlook
3. Click on the following link below?
4. Select the section marked "You don't know? E-mail address database
5. Scroll through until you find your address, then right-click and select "remove from listing"

Link to database - Link

This should then almost entirely remove the virus e-mails you have been receiving over the last few days.

Thanks for your help.

Someone is going to kill you over than link.

that is awesome..........:beer: spherrod :D

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
Wow that was a really stupid prank.

Now you'll have to send out a followup email and your entire department is going to look idiotic.

Even as an IT guy I don't really find any humor in this. :(

SagaLore

Elite Member
Dec 18, 2001
A funnier joke would have been:

"Due to the increased cost in email management, i.e. upgrading servers, blocking spam, scanning viruses, etc. We have decided to shutdown email services. Research has shown a higher return on investment if every employee was given his/her own fax machine, and all correspendence occured via fax transmission."

Now THAT'S funny! :)

GermyBoy

Banned
Jun 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Geekbabe
Why would generating thousands of calls to your help desk be considered funny?

Didn't you read the original post? He's an IT GUY. This is probably the only telephone call he'll get (probably assuming that women will call only). He just needed to feel important.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: SagaLore
Wow that was a really stupid prank.

Now you'll have to send out a followup email and your entire department is going to look idiotic.

Even as an IT guy I don't really find any humor in this. :(

same here.... it looks like a serious note.... not an april fools joke...

DannyBoy

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2002
www.danj.me
Originally posted by: crumpet19
Originally posted by: spherrod
<Whoops! - Forgot to introduce this, we sent this to 'select' employees this morning>

Hi all,

You may have noticed a marked increase in virus alert e-mails over the last couple of days. Global IT have informed me that they have tracked the source of the majority of the mails to a registration domain which stores e-mail addresses harvested from forums, messenger and/or simply e-mail traffic. Apparently the virus refers to this database and spoofs the addresses to perpetuate itself across the internet.

In order to remove your e-mail addresses from this database, I would please ask you to do the following?

1. Save any work you are currently in the middle of
2. Close all programs apart from Outlook
3. Click on the following link below?
4. Select the section marked "You don't know? E-mail address database
5. Scroll through until you find your address, then right-click and select "remove from listing"

Link to database - Link

This should then almost entirely remove the virus e-mails you have been receiving over the last few days.

Thanks for your help.

Someone is going to kill you over than link.

If I ever get my hands on him I can assure you I would be more than happy to do it.

That fvcking hurt my ears :disgust:

Thegonagle

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2000
Maybe if you had actually made the "new" email addresses FUNNY, it would have been taken for what it was.