AP reporting Trump threatened to send troops into Mexico during call with Pena Nieto.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Must be part of his bigly NAFTA renegotiation strategy. What's he going to do to China, threaten to nuke them?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I can't believe CheetoJeezus is THAT stupid...but, I've been surprised by the stupidity of politicians before.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Let's hold on. This is a statement of part of a transcript that someone says happened. This is a pretty big claim so while it's possible, some major evidence need to be produced. If it's true he's... well Trump.

Reactions: ivwshane

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Let's hold on. This is a statement of part of a transcript that someone says happened. This is a pretty big claim so while it's possible, some major evidence need to be produced. If it's true he's... well Trump.

I was kind of skeptical but now I see this from the Post. Now I'm like...yea could have actually happened.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...d_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.1bf8fac0693d

“This is the worst deal ever,” Trump fumed as Turnbull attempted to confirm that the United States would honor its pledge to take in 1,250 refugees from an Australian detention center. Trump, who one day earlier had signed an executive order temporarily barring the admissions of refugees, complained that he was “going to get killed” politically and accused Australia of seeking to export the “next Boston bombers.”

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
20% of Mexicans already immigrated to the United States. Due to the large cross border activities, drugs, smuggling, et. all, it would be accurate to declare the cartels as operating on US soil. Those acts, violent and illegal as they are, may be construed as acts of war. Following premises established by the "War on Terror" Mexico not dealing with those issues may be considered harboring terrorists. And little means more to security than your neighbor.

It's peeling the scab off a very sore issue, but there can be little doubt it is a very real and legitimate issue.
Especially due to the open border.

Now Trump's tact and methods, are another matter.

And I'll need to add that no, I do not support us unilaterally acting in Mexico.

Reactions: AnonymouseUser
Jan 25, 2011
I'm skeptical to a degree as well but that was reduced when I read that Mexican journalists reported very similar information being leaked to them by Mexican officials prior to this story coming out.

Humpy

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2011
President Donald Trump threatened in a phone call with his Mexican counterpart to send U.S. troops to stop "bad hombres down there" ......

Bwahahahaha!!!

Holy shit I'm dying. :D

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Straight from Ann Coulter's alternative facts file.

I gave the lower figure of that range, and I did not limit it to illegals. Your retort is simply arguing who gets counted. You have ignorantly ignored the underlying premise that there's a massive, direct, human connection between the two nations. One which marks their violence and crime as part of our own.

Reactions: ch33zw1z

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
I gave the lower figure of that range, and I did not limit it to illegals. Your retort is simply arguing who gets counted. You have ignorantly ignored the underlying premise that there's a massive, direct, human connection between the two nations. One which marks their violence and crime as part of our own.

Of course, americans of mexican descent aren't Real ones, even if much of the west literally used be mexico. But them irish are certainly white enough.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
20% of Mexicans already immigrated to the United States. Due to the large cross border activities, drugs, smuggling, et. all, it would be accurate to declare the cartels as operating on US soil. Those acts, violent and illegal as they are, may be construed as acts of war. Following premises established by the "War on Terror" Mexico not dealing with those issues may be considered harboring terrorists. And little means more to security than your neighbor.

It's peeling the scab off a very sore issue, but there can be little doubt it is a very real and legitimate issue.

And I'll need to add that no, I do not support us unilaterally acting in Mexico.

The cartels have been here for years...

2EEBB78100000578-3338976-This_graphic_drawn_up_by_the_DEA_shows_where_El_Chapo_s_criminal-a-60_1448864187993.jpg

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004

The cartels operating in the US has little to do with immigration illegal or otherwise. If we were to accept your unproven estimate of 20 percent of Mexico's population being here already, do you think it's advisable to, for all intents and purposes, go to war with Mexico? Add in a sizeable portion of the US who don't think the way you do and, civil war is quite likely if the Cheeto in chief were to follow through on such a plan.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000

The cartels have been here for years...

2EEBB78100000578-3338976-This_graphic_drawn_up_by_the_DEA_shows_where_El_Chapo_s_criminal-a-60_1448864187993.jpg

Mexican-American War II?

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Based on how thin skinned he is, any disrespect from another nation is going to take us into dire circumstances. Like others have said, we don't want this orange guy with the nuclear codes. Is it two minutes to midnight now?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
The cartels operating in the US has little to do with immigration illegal or otherwise. If we were to accept your unproven estimate of 20 percent of Mexico's population being here already, do you think it's advisable to, for all intents and purposes, go to war with Mexico? Add in a sizeable portion of the US who don't think the way you do and, civil war is quite likely if the Cheeto in chief were to follow through on such a plan.

I saw how explaining the notion would look, so I already answered your question. You quoted it.

I'll explain it some more... Trump's position is being stated as such, Mexico's cartels are a problem we must solve... unless, the compromise of border wall and deportations is achieved. So back off our internal affairs, or we will deal with Mexico's.