AOC Has Something to Say to "Never Biden" Bernie Bros

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 8, 2012
Probably a good reason to vote for the worthless Democrat just to keep the past from repeating.

Like I did with 2016, I'll be sure to do the same and beguilingly vote for whoever the Democrats select.

I will still give my opinion on how best to beat the party I have historically voted for - since that is ultimately what I'm in favor of this time around.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
... Biden might actually follow through on some of his progressive platform. (Which, frankly, I should mention, Sanders supporters do not believe Biden has any intention of following through on). ...
Hopefully we can remind everyone that neither Bernie nor Biden are going to get anything progressive done without a healthy majority in the Senate so that when the Dems fail to take the Senate in November they don't ignorantly blame Biden for getting nothing done, allowing the GOP to recapture the House in 2022.

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Hopefully we can remind everyone that neither Bernie nor Biden are going to get anything progressive done without a healthy majority in the Senate so that when the Dems fail to take the Senate in November they don't ignorantly blame Biden for getting nothing done, allowing the GOP to recapture the House in 2022.

The performance of Health Care Industry stocks the morning after Super Tuesday totally undermines that talking point. Saying that Sanders would not have been able to deliver 100% of his promise is one thing, but it seems pretty clear that a President Sanders, bolstered by public support for the issue, would be in position to extract major concessions from the industry.

Instead of preemptively making excuses for Biden, why not try to imagine some show of good faith he could make to voters, some signal that he really is serious about addressing the new demands of the Democratic Party base. I've mentioned the Nina Turner thing a couple of times, but obviously it doesn't have to be that. What else could he do? Who could he appoint to what post?

And if he doesn't do any of those things, at the point, the right question is not "why are people blaming Biden for things he couldn't do without congress" rather "why didn't Biden do anything to follow through on his promises?"

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
I wouldn’t count on Bernie Bros/Broads etc. to support Biden, because apparently even Bernie couldn’t count in their support on Super Tuesday.

As soon as any candidate says their campaign says they are going to win bc they are going to turn out the youth vote you know they'll lose.

When we can vote by tiktok, then maybe, just a very small maybe, maybe they can bother with a click.

In the meantime, you better be sure you have a plan to do well with old people and suburban voters or your screwed

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Secret gun confiscation units will be rolling through neighborhoods 2 days after the inauguration. Camps for "True Americans" are next! If you doctor asks you about guns they are in on the plan!

/NRA talking point.
Do you have any facts that your statement is factual -- Secret gun confiscation units will be rolling through neighborhoods...
Or are you just trying to be a fearmongerer?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Those who don't learn from the past are damned to repeat it.
How is never repeating the past a bad thing?
In the past the United States was a respected country -- not laughed at!
In the past the United States cared about immigrants and trying to treat them properly!
In the past the United States didn`t cut programs that actually allowed for the needy to have food for their families!
In the past the United States cared about their citizens with pre-existing conditions!
Now we know there will always be exception and actually things from the past that we do not want to repeat, but on the whole we can learn from the past and there are a few positive things to learn from the past!

• Haha
Reactions: s0me0nesmind1

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Gonna borrow what someone shared on Facebook and holds up for the most part. Now, I know Biden isn't guaranteed to fulfill all of this, but some of these are virtually guaranteed on day one if he takes the presidency.

1. You're not just voting for President.
2. You're voting for who replaces RBG on the Supreme Court.
3. You're voting for the next Secretary of Education.
4. You're voting for federal judges.
5. You're voting for the rule of law.
6. You're voting for saving national parks.
7. You're voting for letting kids out of cages.
8. You're voting for clean air and clean water.
9. You're voting for scientists to be allowed to speak about climate change.
10. You're voting for what a President says and does on Twitter.
11. You're voting for housing rights.
12. You're voting for LGBTQ people to be treated with dignity.
13. You're voting for non-Christians to be able to adopt and to feel like full citizens.
14. You're voting for Dreamers.
15. You're voting so that there will be Social Security and Medicare when you retire.
16. You're voting for veterans to get the care they deserve.
17. You're voting for rural hospitals.
18. You're voting so that someone else can have health insurance.
19. You're voting for the preservation of PBS.
20. You're voting to have a President who doesn't embarrass this country every time she or he attends an international meeting.
21. And you're voting against allowing the USA to become yet another authoritarian regime.
22. You're voting for sensible gun laws.

don't forget that even if you only agree 95%, or 80% of what democrats propose, that's infinitely better than having an administration which you completely abhor and have 0% agreement.

don't let perfect be the enemy of good (or in this case, a massive upgrade relative to our current position)

Reactions: Aegeon and Commodus

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Do you have any facts that your statement is factual -- Secret gun confiscation units will be rolling through neighborhoods...
Or are you just trying to be a fearmongerer?
He is CLEARLY saying that's the sort of thing the NRA will be putting out.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
The performance of Health Care Industry stocks the morning after Super Tuesday totally undermines that talking point. Saying that Sanders would not have been able to deliver 100% of his promise is one thing, but it seems pretty clear that a President Sanders, bolstered by public support for the issue, would be in position to extract major concessions from the industry.

Instead of preemptively making excuses for Biden, why not try to imagine some show of good faith he could make to voters, some signal that he really is serious about addressing the new demands of the Democratic Party base. I've mentioned the Nina Turner thing a couple of times, but obviously it doesn't have to be that. What else could he do? Who could he appoint to what post?

And if he doesn't do any of those things, at the point, the right question is not "why are people blaming Biden for things he couldn't do without congress" rather "why didn't Biden do anything to follow through on his promises?"
Are you saying you think Sanders could get anything through a GOP led Senate? If you really believe that your tone is completely unwarranted, and you should maybe re-examine why you believe in fairy tales.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Are you saying you think Sanders could get anything through a GOP led Senate? If you really believe that your tone is completely unwarranted, and you should maybe re-examine why you believe in fairy tales.
Exactly a GOP senate could een be renamed The Obstructionist Senate!!

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
The litmus test on every Democrat’s mind is whether his VP pick can carry the ticket in 2024—let’s all be honest and call Biden a one-term President.

Which is another reason it can't be Warren (aside from losing the critical senate seat). I think she'd be an outstanding president but she can't campaign for shit.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Everybody at the smorgasbord has their ideas and choices.

I'd be fine with Harris as VP, but I wanted her to be AG so that MSNBC's weekend ratings will surge with "LOCKUP: Presidential Cell-Block" for a full season.

If Biden picks Buttigieg for VP, it's good for the LGBT equality cause, good for the country, and the other side can't throw a pissy fit about "two first men in the White House at the same time."

As much as I'd been inspired by Warren, she's pissed me off recently. I'm not sure Bernie would accept the offer of a VP post.

I promoted Bloomberg in a note to Biden for consideration as a "czar" for civil service reform and reconstruction. If he accepted the offer, it would prove that he wasn't spending $400 million to pursue his self-interest or that of his economic class. It would prove that he's a good Jew seeking to repair the world. The Bernie folks and Warren want to demonize him for being a billionaire, but their righteousness derives from the symbolic nature of Bloomberg's circumstances. What is "necessary and sufficient" about those circumstances to fulfill their imaginations does not make it True.

Keep in mind that more than one of the remaining candidates is a Democratic-affiliated US Senator. If we even come close to retaking the Senate, we don't want to find any empty seats for senators taking positions in the Biden administration.

Meanwhile, I would search for a psychiatrist with a specialty in hypnotism, who might be able to go on FOX, hypnotize the Trump entourage, and get them to sleep-walk in the I-95 truck-lane during rush-hour. Then we could have a re-make of "The Devil's Rejects" with the most astounding road-kill ever . . .

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
Keep in mind that more than one of the remaining candidates is a Democratic-affiliated US Senator. If we even come close to retaking the Senate, we don't want to find any empty seats for senators taking positions in the Biden administration.

Someone suggested that if a Democrat is elected president, they should offer cabinet positions to whatever GOP Senators will take them... and then immediately fire them. Biden would have my undying admiration if he did something that cool.

Feb 4, 2009
Someone suggested that if a Democrat is elected president, they should offer cabinet positions to whatever GOP Senators will take them... and then immediately fire them. Biden would have my undying admiration if he did something that cool.

That would be EPIC

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

that would be piss off so many people. but goddamn would it be hilarious.-

Feb 4, 2009

Now be honest.
How pissed would you be if Biden offered cabinet positions and delegate positions to a dozen Republican Congress Critters without knowing the plan is to fire them all?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Like I did with 2016, I'll be sure to do the same and beguilingly vote for whoever the Democrats select.

I will still give my opinion on how best to beat the party I have historically voted for - since that is ultimately what I'm in favor of this time around.
Me too.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009