Anyone want a Crysis 3 Beta Key?

Aug 30, 2012
Then go Here and follow the steps.

I just did it and it worked fine, gives you a key to put into Origin.

Can't download till 8am tomorrow morning though (UK)

Snock514

Golden Member
Jul 20, 2009
Will it run? That is the question. Thanks also! :D

Last edited:

0___________0

May 5, 2012
The keys are only for countries that require age verification, such as Germany. Everyone else can download it on the 29th, it's an open beta. So the keys are completely useless for most people.

EDIT: People are saying you can activate and play with a VPN, but I have no time to verify that.

Last edited:

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
The keys are only for countries that require age verification, such as Germany. Everyone else can download it on the 29th, it's an open beta. So the keys are completely useless for most people.

well I guess I should have read the whole thread before doing everything else

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
and on further research it's only an MP beta... bah

I want to know how the single player is going to turn out! They usually turn down the visuals to make MP smooth and I want to know how I can run SP.

0___________0

May 5, 2012
and on further research it's only an MP beta... bah

I want to know how the single player is going to turn out! They usually turn down the visuals to make MP smooth and I want to know how I can run SP.

What are your specs? Crytek uses a GTS 450 for the nVidia min and a Radeon 5770 for AMD, CPU is a ~2.5ghz dual core, quad recommended. They've previously used a 30 FPS target for Crysis 2 when listing the requirements though.

Nvidiaguy07

Platinum Member
Feb 22, 2008
yup. Was just coming here to post this:
z50jVl0.png

Well, at least tomorrow ill be able to try the beta, and i didnt download it for nothing.

The real question is whether or not ill cave on my origin boycott when this comes out. Kinda sucks that they have a few good looking games out/coming out soon that will no doubt be origin exclusives. (Crysis, Dead space, ME3, sim city, pvz2, nfs most wanted, fifa 13, etc)

I remember EA saying exclusives are only temporary, so hurry the hell up and give up on your piece of garbage service.

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
What are your specs? Crytek uses a GTS 450 for the nVidia min and a Radeon 5770 for AMD, CPU is a ~2.5ghz dual core, quad recommended. They've previously used a 30 FPS target for Crysis 2 when listing the requirements though.

My specs are good enough to run it with most stuff turned on I imagine, but they said they're trying to introduce enough visual punch to make modern machines wince more than Crysis 2 did (which it didn't at all).

I run a GTX 570 and i5 2500k

0___________0

May 5, 2012
My specs are good enough to run it with most stuff turned on I imagine, but they said they're trying to introduce enough visual punch to make modern machines wince more than Crysis 2 did (which it didn't at all).

I run a GTX 570 and i5 2500k

That should be enough power to play on high settings, nVidia recommends a GTX 660 Ti to run everything on high settings with textures on very high and 4x MSAA, with very high being the max setting. You'd probably need to drop AA to 2x, or drop a setting or two to medium, since the 660 Ti has a decent lead over the 570, have you OC'd yours? Although nVidia mentioned 60 FPS for one card, so you may be able to get by at a lower frame rate with higher visuals. They left out a lot of information I'd have liked to see... They left res out, but I assume they used 1080p. They also have the GTX 650 running everything on low, when it's a good chunk faster than Crytek's min, the GTS 450, so it should get some settings on medium. So I don't know what to believe about what they said. Info here: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-313-95-beta-drivers-released The good news from there is that you can disable lens flares.

We'll have to wait and see for ourselves though.

Current rumor is that you can use a VPN to activate it and play right now.

Last edited: