Anyone using resistance bands?

coreyb

Platinum Member
Aug 12, 2007
therabands seem to be the ones to get. I only use them for ankle rehab though.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I use them for a little hip strengthening stuff. Your body doesn't care how it gets resistance, just that it does. The toughest bands won't be the same as heavy weights, but with the correct body weight exercises and bands you could get a good number of effective workouts in. If I did a ton of travelling, I' want a selection of them.

gar655

Mar 4, 2008
I use a set of these http://www.bodylastics.com/ for mostly hip strengthening. I have taken them of a few trips. Main drawback is that some exercises require a lot or room. Overall for the money they're a good deal for quick workouts.

Gene

kalrith

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2005
My brother used therabands after shoulder surgery, and they worked really well.

yelo333

Dec 13, 2003
Originally posted by: tangent1138
Saw this video on CNN.com--

Turn your hotel room into a private gym

And if anyone uses bands (either full time or on the road) and if they could recommend some resistance band brands? The market seems to be flooded with them and I have no idea which are quality products.

Well, the Real Thing is made by Jump Stretch:

Jump Stretch Flex Bands

I bought mine from elitefts: Text

Beware, though, these do provide a serious amount of tension. I have a strong & an average, and I wind up using the average for most things (I use them to add resistance to various BW exercises).

tortoise

Mar 30, 2013
Thread bump . . .

Article . . Sen. Reid, wife sue makers of exercise band

"The TheraBand was mounted to a sturdy object in his bathroom," according to the lawsuit. "While in use, the TheraBand broke or slipped out of Mr. Reid's hand, causing him to spin around and strike his face on a cabinet."
According to the document, Reid suffered "loss of vision in his right eye, a concussion, broken orbital bones, severe disfigurement and bruising to his face, hand injuries, facial lacerations, scarring, and broken ribs."

TheraBand videos.