Anyone try the Wii yet?

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
I've heard some people have demoed the Wii at their local game kiosk (EBgames/Gamestop/Software etc...etc :p). Actually the only place i've heard of it being demoed at was EB. I went to EB and software etc. today, both in the mall, both had the Wii system on display there, with an LCD TV above it, but not playable, no controller out. They didn't even have it turned on or anything, which i thought was kinda weird. Maybe they just got it in or something and are getting it setup. Those stores are friggin cramped at the mall so i couldn't imagine playing the Wii comfortably there anyways. Gonna check the local EB tomorrow or Tuesday probably, since it's in walking distance.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Originally posted by: Adaman
I've heard some people have demoed the Wii at their local game kiosk (EBgames/Gamestop/Software etc...etc :p). Actually the only place i've heard of it being demoed at was EB. I went to EB and software etc. today, both in the mall, both had the Wii system on display there, with an LCD TV above it, but not playable, no controller out. They didn't even have it turned on or anything, which i thought was kinda weird. Maybe they just got it in or something and are getting it setup. Those stores are friggin cramped at the mall so i couldn't imagine playing the Wii comfortably there anyways. Gonna check the local EB tomorrow or Tuesday probably, since it's in walking distance.

You have to leave collateral with the gamestop/EB employees to play. IE Keys or something....and the power button for the Wii is on the controller ;)

Played ExciteTruck today

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
im gonna go this friday or something to my ebgames and try it out...hopefully it'll be fun as ive preordered it and i go back there the day after.

mugs

Lifer
Apr 29, 2003
Yeah I played it at EB Games, and yeah I had to give them my keys and driver's license before I could play. I played Excite Truck. Not my favorite type of game, but it gaveme more confidence that the Wii remote would work as well as it should.

Slick5150

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 2001
I played Wii Sports for a bit last month. It was indeed quite fun, and the remote works just as advertised.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by: DeathBUA
Originally posted by: Stunt
Do you know what we need?
Another Wii thread...
And you.....get outta OT :p
No. :D

I'm still interested in Wii...I just like having it all in one or two threads...not 50.

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
Another Wii thread...

I'm still interested in Wii...I just like having it all in one or two threads...not 50.

Well thats fine :p

You gonna pick one up in Canada when they come out? Or you gonna come to the states and play it at my place?

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Another Wii thread...

Well thats fine :p

You gonna pick one up in Canada when they come out? Or you gonna come to the states and play it at my place?
I'll get one here...it's only $275 or something :p
I'm getting the following games:
Zelda
NFS
Splinter Cell
Red Steel
Excite

...maybe MonkeyBall

TraumaRN

Diamond Member
Jun 5, 2005
I'm getting.....

Call of Duty 3
Marvel:Ultimate Alliance
Red Steel
Trauma Center: Second Opinion
and
Zelda

So come on over....

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Cool, well i'll be sure to bring my license. They afraid you'll run off with the controller or afraid you'll break something....or both?

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
oooo

Dragon Quest is coming!!
I loved the original Dragon Warrior :)

James3shin

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2004
I played one today as a matter of fact. Played excite truck or whatever it was called at a Gamestop. I went up to the counter and asked for the Wiimote, they asked for my license and off I went. Games will definitely have a learning curve to them, it was a "new" experience, fun to say the least. Don't expect to be wowed by the visuals though.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
oooo

Dragon Quest is coming!!
I loved the original Dragon Warrior :)

yeah the one they said is far more easy then the last one.

but i will get it.

Call of duty 3 looks good
red steel also

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
I tried it out at gamestop. They took my drivers license in order to use the controller. :roll:
Anyways, I wasnt impressed with it. I played some racing game and it looked like a nintendo 64 game. Im not buying one.

fustercluck

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2002
Originally posted by: krunchykrome
I tried it out at gamestop. They took my drivers license in order to use the controller. :roll:
Anyways, I wasnt impressed with it. I played some racing game and it looked like a nintendo 64 game. Im not buying one.

I doubt it looked like and N64 game, and the graphics aren't that important anyways...if they are that important to you, buy a PS3 or 360 (if you don't have one already). Gameplay is what matters, most people know that these days. I don't know how the Wii will turn out, but to judge it just based on graphics is just dumb, though i assume you didn't like it for other reasons as well...but all you mentioned was you didn't like the graphics.

So I get to be the one that makes the ole' "gameplay over graphics" argument :p - It's true though.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003

I doubt it looked like and N64 game, and the graphics aren't that important anyways...if they are that important to you, buy a PS3 or 360 (if you don't have one already). Gameplay is what matters, most people know that these days. I don't know how the Wii will turn out, but to judge it just based on graphics is just dumb, though i assume you didn't like it for other reasons as well...but all you mentioned was you didn't like the graphics.

So I get to be the one that makes the ole' "gameplay over graphics" argument :p - It's true though.

Well, for $500, or however much it's gonna be, it better look better than a nintendo 64 game.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

Well, for $500, or however much it's gonna be, it better look better than a nintendo 64 game.

The system is $250... a lot lower than $500.

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000

Try $250, a lot cheaper than $500.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: jman19

Try $250, a lot cheaper than $500.

I dont care if it's $250, and I dont care if it's $50. Im gonna go buy a used super nintendo + 50 games for $40 instead. One more Wii out there for you.