Anyone think a Hillary/Obama Ticket would be unstoppable?

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Seeing as they are the two front runners for the Democratic nomination, do any of you think a Hillary/Obama ticket would be a rock solid ticket? What are the chances, and who do you think would make the best presidential candidate if the two were to pair up?

conehead433

Diamond Member
Dec 4, 2002
Too many people dislike Hillary to ever vote for her. Pairing her with someone who is better liked won't increase her vote count. So unstoppable - no. I actually think an Edwards/Obama ticket would fare better. And I guess I think that Obama is going to be a VP candidate at best.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Ony unstoppable on the road to defeat in most cases.
The best Democratic ticket is highly dependent on who the Republicans run. And vice versa.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Republicans have always campaigned well and looks like they have a ton of fresh faces in the race; the American people long for a new face and Hillary is associated with the status quo (especially with her war stance).

I want to see a fiscally conservative Democrat; i have yet to see one enter.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: Stunt

what do you mean by fisacally conservative? someone who balances the budget, doesn't spend to vast excess building up monstrous national debt? wouldn't that be someone like Hillary Clinton?

I think Hillary/ Obama probably would be unstoppable. I guess it all depends on what "average folks" think and want. People who hang out on this forum tend to be pretty extreme. If you just went by what you read here, you'd get the idea Hillary Clinton is very much hated by the American public. But actually, polls of a more representative cross-section of the public show she is one of America's most admired women.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Putting the two together would ruin Obama.

Why is that?

I think Obama would benefit enormously from running alongside Hillary. What Obama has on his side is incredible charisma; what he lacks is political experience. He'd benefit from the high-level exposure and of course the experience of working as VP alongside Hillary.

I think we are about to enter a mini-golden age of Democratic rule in the USA, i.e., 8 years of Hillary as President, followed by 8 years of Obama as President. :)

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by: aidanjm
what do you mean by fisacally conservative? someone who balances the budget, doesn't spend to vast excess building up monstrous national debt? wouldn't that be someone like Hillary Clinton?

I think Hillary/ Obama probably would be unstoppable. I guess it all depends on what "average folks" think and want. People who hang out on this forum tend to be pretty extreme. If you just went by what you read here, you'd get the idea Hillary Clinton is very much hated by the American public. But actually, polls of a more representative cross-section of the public show she is one of America's most admired women.
Someone who will be prudent with spending to help balance the budget.
Someone who has experienced making tough fiscal decisions and a proven track record on this front.
The number one issue for Americans should be 1) Budget 2) Economic Sustainability 3) War.
I have yet to see anything from Hillary on this front other than her 100% support of the status quo in Iraq.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004

Someone who has experienced making tough fiscal decisions and a proven track record on this front.
The number one issue for Americans should be 1) Budget 2) Economic Sustainability 3) War.

well, numbers 1 and 2 rule out all Republicans. that leaves Hillary and a few others. If Hillary's economic principals & policies are anything like her husband's, the US can expect sane, sensible economic leadership. But actually isn't the entire Democratic organization/ party campaigning on a return to 'pay as you go' budgetting on a federal level, with an end to the insane borrowing pioneered by Dumbya and his psychotic cronies..? So in that sense, any Democratic candidate will be fine.

As a Canadian, isn't it a bit rich telling US citizens what there number 1 issue "should" be..? On the other hand, what the USA does effects the rest of the world, so all non-USA citizens around the globe do have a stake in the outcome of the election. Particularly the poor citizens of Iraq.

Originally posted by: StuntI have yet to see anything from Hillary on this front other than her 100% support of the status quo in Iraq.

She's not exactly supporting the status quo. The other thing about Democrats is they are just more competent when it comes to implementing foreign policy goals. This is partly because they give jobs to the best qualified candidates. whereas Republicans, Dumbya especially, tend to hand out jobs to their cronies even if those cronies are utterly unsuited to the job. At least part of the mess in Iraq is due to the sheer incompetence of the fools put in charge of rebuilding that country, training it's police forces, etc. I can't help but believe that even if Hillary chose to "stay the course" (unlikely) things would just be handled in a more professional way which would inevitably lead to greater success.

Tom

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

I have yet to see anything from Hillary on this front other than her 100% support of the status quo in Iraq.

Then you haven't paid attention to her record as a senator, or as first lady to the most fiscally responsible president we've had since Carter.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

What does anything about Hillary have to do with you as a Canadian?

Why does you as a Canadian be saying anything about what Americans issues should be???

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Why does you as a Canadian be saying anything about what Americans issues should be???

I am an Australian and I am interested in what happens in USA politics. What happens with the Presidential election in the USA effects everyone around the world. For example, Australia has troops in Iraq (because of our awful prime minister John Howard who basically has gone along with everything George W. Bush has done). This is why I am hoping very strongly that a Democratic president will be elected.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Tom
Then you haven't paid attention to her record as a senator, or as first lady to the most fiscally responsible president we've had since Carter.
So Hillary is going to run on Bill's record? Sounds like a person without applicable experience to me.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674

Freedom of speech Dave...you can't be against that now are you?!
I feel my opinions and input are welcomed here, my nationality plays no role in the validity of what I say...so you can just run along...:)

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004
We have never had a woman or a black man as VP, let alone president. All the misogynists and racists of red states would use every ounce of power and money to never let this happen. Unstoppable? More like suicide. An ever worse situation would be Obama for pres with a muslim running mate.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

Why is that?

I think Obama would benefit enormously from running alongside Hillary. What Obama has on his side is incredible charisma; what he lacks is political experience. He'd benefit from the high-level exposure and of course the experience of working as VP alongside Hillary.

I think we are about to enter a mini-golden age of Democratic rule in the USA, i.e., 8 years of Hillary as President, followed by 8 years of Obama as President. :)
Hillary can't win.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
I don't care who runs with Hillary, she will never get my vote in a zillion years.

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004

Why is that?

Hillary can't win.

Why?

aidanjm

Lifer
Aug 9, 2004
Originally posted by: TheSlamma
I don't care who runs with Hillary, she will never get my vote in a zillion years.

will she get your wife's or girlfriend's vote?

homercles337

Diamond Member
Dec 29, 2004

Why is that?

Hillary can't win.

Why?

Because all the misogynists like Palehorse would fight dirty with every ounce of power and money they have.