Anyone drive a camry? How many miles do they typically last? (with Pics)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
IMG_0034.JPG

IMG_0036.JPG

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000

Very nice, he's kept that in excellent shape. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he's going to replace the engine, lol. Sometimes the simplest things are the hardest to part with, especially one that has probably been very good to him for a long time.

DVad3r

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2005
I have no clue how that car looks the way it does. He never waxes it, barely washes it, it sits outside all the time, winter, summer, goes around in snow. I'm pretty sure it's going to last a year, maybe 2, but once it dies for good he's going to buy something new. He was looking at used Camry wagons but with less mileage lol. It's a good car though I must admit, has tons of room inside, TV's, xmas tree's, you can fit everything, and it get's great mileage as well being an I4.

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
At 155k miles, you need to be ready for a transmission problem. And it's at the age where if it hasn't been done, you'll need to start dealing with suspension, boots, rubber, weatherstripping, seals, hoses, plugs, filters, fluids, timing belt, etc. If things have never been replaced, now is the time they'll begin to die: water pump, alternator, etc. So have a repair budget in mind. They may last forever, but they're not maintenance free. And a car that has gone 155k with just regular service is bound to start costing money in repairs for the simple reason moving parts don't last forever and ever.

kitatech

Jan 7, 2013
2+ year old thread but I agree with nerp

...after 150k miles Preventative Maintenance becomes Replacement Maintenance depending on how lucky you are...

I got a Camry with 100k miles last Oct. 2012 and expect to pay it off in 4 years @ 140k mi. ($5k@3%, $10/mo interest) so that $110/mo becomes RM cost @ $50-75/mo if I'm lucky, after 4 years....meanwhile the car's tight as a drum and fit as a fiddle...for now...fingers crossed....that would be about $12k basic ownership cost over 8 years....again if I'm lucky, and PM is basic (tires being the one EXPECTED cost), over the next 3.5 years....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.