anyone been on a Windjammer cruise? that's one of those sail ships.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ogg

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2003
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
The atmosphere on the Windjammer cruises is not for me, personally. I have been on Royal Carribean before and had a good time, but next time we will go for Celebrity.

what do you mean?
details?

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Windjammer focuses on "back to basics" cruising. I like being amazed by how emmense the larger ships are. Not only that, I believe their newest ship was built in the 50's :Q.

Ogg

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2003
Windjammer focuses on "back to basics" cruising. I like being amazed by how emmense the larger ships are. Not only that, I believe their newest ship was built in the 50's :Q.

did you get sick on a cruise yet?
Dont you feel like a sitting duck for a terrorist attack on the big ole whale?
:beer:

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: Ogg

did you get sick on a cruise yet?
Dont you feel like a sitting duck for a terrorist attack on the big ole whale?
:beer:

Security is really tight on those ships. I was yelled at for keeping my sunglasses in my pants when I went through the metal detector going back on the ship in The Bahamas. I am not a ship person and do sometimes get queazy on smaller boats, but I never felt sick at all on the ship (Mariner of the Seas). The rocking was calming, actually.

edprush

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2000
I booked a cabin for a Windjammer cruise in June...departing from St. Maarten.

I hope it isn't suck.

Jzero

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

When was the last time you flew on an airplane? It probably wasn't much "younger" :)