Anybody watching NJ and VA?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 17, 2019
If McCaullife loses, it may be a good thing. It's one thing to be an opposition party another to get things done. What will Youngkin do when Covid increases, will he have ban masks ? What about when Trump comes and starts talking crazy? It's one thing to wink at Trump co.. but how do you respond when you actually have a state to run.
At least publically, Young'n was making noise that he didn't want anything to do with Donny. Privately? Who knows.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
If Youngkin wins he will definitely keep his first “promise “ to his voters...that he will get rid of CRT being taught in schools, only one problem, it isn’t being taught there.

Nov 17, 2019
Somebody somewhere said the early mail in votes favored Mac, but the on-site vote polls were leaning towards Young'n. If that turns out to be true and the deciders, I expect we'll see more efforts to stop early mail in voting.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Interesting - what would you call the president threatening election officials to get them to falsify and overturn the results of an election in his favor?

That sure sounds like a coup attempt to me. In fact, it's baffling that anyone would think otherwise.
That was an act of pure stupidity instigated by a self centered ass with a messiah complex. It had a one in a million chance of working.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
That was an act of pure stupidity instigated by a self centered ass with a messiah complex. It had a one in a million chance of working.
Have you not heard that 20 states are creating a mechanism to change the will of the voters if they don’t agree with the results. Does that sound like just the rantings of one egomaniac ? Next time it can now legally be accomplished. That should scare anyone who believes in Democracy.

Reactions: hal2kilo

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
This election may be decided by a made up policy...CRT, under the guise of parents concerned about education.

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
This election may be decided by a made up policy...CRT, under the guise of parents concerned about education.

CRT might motivate the Trumpy base but what's alienated some suburban voters in VA specifically is the lengthy(-er than required some argue) COVID related school closures.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
CRT might motivate the Trumpy base but what's alienated some suburban voters in VA specifically is the lengthy(-er than required some argue) COVID related school closures.
I agree with that, but blaming the schools/government instead of anti maskers /vaxers is expected by the average voters.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Zorba

VW MAN

Jun 27, 2020
They if they hadn't stopped for that last selfie, it would have been all over. History is going to write this one as the revolution lost to vanity.
Hey shithead, how many people were killed or injured all for those vane selfies?!? Damn, are you really this fucking stupid or do you just play this fucking stupid to get your tiny dick hard?

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
This is ignorant. Trump had many supporters support doing this in state legislatures, just not enough, and others of them were not quite sure they could pull out off, but now they are feeling more confident setting how close they got. But it was an attempt at a coup, and all signs point to them making it easier to happen next time around, and the majority of the party is going along with it.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I think it had a much higher than 1 in a million chance of working and regardless at least we agree the president attempted a coup. A non-trivial number of Republican elected officials were more than happy to go along with it too.

Reactions: hal2kilo and Leeea

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013
I think it had a much higher than 1 in a million chance of working and regardless at least we agree the president attempted a coup. A non-trivial number of Republican elected officials were more than happy to go along with it too.

Indeed it was 100 percent an attempted coup and had quite a few more supporters than just Trump. And it is quite clear that the vast majority of Trump voters in 2020 would vote for him again if he was on the ballot, so ergo, they clearly support a guy that tried to overthrow democracy.

We have seen this in numerous fascist or authoritarian regimes throughout history - large swaths of a population go full fascist. If you are a Trump supporting Republican today, or support one of his many acolytes who echo his big lie who are in office or also running for office, you are a fascist. That's tens of millions of fascists in this country.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

Wow, still ignoring the facts and downplaying the event, good job.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I like to see politicians predicting stuff. Doesn’t necessarily have to be predicting election outcomes, but with their predicting anything. This way, I can tell whether or not to believe them in their future predictions or if they are just full of shit. Like when Nancy Pelosi said back during the Obamacare negotiations that an universal healthcare option would be included in the final Obamacare legislation. She predicted, and it wasn’t. So, so much for taking predictions from Nancy Pelosi seriously.

Now, today, Joe Biden predicting that Terry McAuliffe would win today’s election. So let’s see…. This is very important, Joe’s predicting abilities that is. Whether or not Joe really knows what he is talking about or if he’s just blowing smoke up our ass. There is a lot of predicting going on with a lot of politicians right now over all sorts of things, so let’s just see who actually knows what they are talking about and those that just want to make people feel good. Feeling good yet clueless when it comes to really knowing shit.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I like to see politicians predicting stuff. Doesn’t necessarily have to be predicting election outcomes, but with their predicting anything. This way, I can tell whether or not to believe them in their future predictions or if they are just full of shit. Like when Nancy Pelosi said back during the Obamacare negotiations that an universal healthcare option would be included in the final Obamacare legislation. She predicted, and it wasn’t. So, so much for taking predictions from Nancy Pelosi seriously.

Now, today, Joe Biden predicting that Terry McAuliffe would win today’s election. So let’s see…. This is very important, Joe’s predicting abilities that is. Whether or not Joe really knows what he is talking about or if he’s just blowing smoke up our ass. There is a lot of predicting going on with a lot of politicians right now over all sorts of things, so let’s just see who actually knows what they are talking about and those that just want to make people feel good. Feeling good yet clueless when it comes to really knowing shit.
Hopefully, Jamie got a lot of souls to the polls.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
Polls closed. Doing the Kornacki watch. :)
polls closed 48min ago.
results of absentee/early voting ballots?
They were supposed to be instant counted the moment polls closed but i havent seen results of it.

Youngking leads by 10% with 23% of the votes in.
no idea if this includes absentee/early ballots?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I guess the MSM can only spin the Democrat's bullshit propaganda so long before people start realizing that the Democrats are the real authoritarian nutjobs.
Seems more likely than the real authoritarian nutjobs are the ones calling for book bannings, passing legislation to restrict people's freedoms, making death threats against everyone who isn't politically pure enough for them, chanting "comply or die" when govt agents extrajudicially execute their perceived political enemies, cheering on vigilantes who murder people in the streets, and even attempting a violent coup to overthrow an election they lost.
Yep, the "real authoritarian nutjobs." Get back to me when the Dems do any single one of those. Or anything even close to that.

Reactions: sandorski

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Gonna be interesting to watch the Republicans win an election by claiming that it's racist and divisive to teach kids that race doesn't exist.
Because Republicans aren't racist or anything, it's just that the issue of race is really super important to them.