Any random supply issues by you?

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Just got back from walmart on one of my rare stops. I wanted store brand canola oil for my chainsaw. No gallons aside from Wesson, so I deferred. They also didn't have El Yucateco hot sauce(ongoing issue). A lot of bare spots on shelves.
Hmm, I have a 50CC Husky, they recommend bar/chain oil, tell me you're not using Wesson oil instead of 2-stroke oil.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
All the standard-grade pasta is out of stock at my local stores. (Barilla, Ronzoni etc)

Plenty of the so-called "Premium" imported brands for $2+ per lb though! (naturally)

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I make $40-50/day sitting on my butt with 20+ GPU purring away smoothly. That's what, equivalent to $7 x 7 hours a day working? Just invest in some GPUs.

I was mining for a bit then got out of it when I realized mining was taxable and I did not really want to deal with that complexity as you need to do all the legwork yourself. No papers to just give an accountant and have them figure it out. How is it in the states is it easier or even taxable? Here there's all sorts of weird rules like you need to keep logs of each transaction, then pay taxes on the "fair market value" of each coin as it is mined. It falls under capital gains and not just income, so it makes things more complicated than simply claiming a simple dollar amount. At least that's how I understand it, the CRA site is not exactly detailed in how it works other than saying you go to jail if you mess up.

I sometimes think of getting back into it especially now that I have a homestead property. There is something kind of appealing about the idea of hiding some mining rigs in the middle of the bush passively making a bit of coin lol. Old bitcoin ASICs are pretty cheap on Ebay. If a bitcoin ASIC is in the middle of the bush and no one is there to hear it, is it still noisy? :p

Reactions: Ken g6

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
For the bar and chain. I use Stihl silver for the mix.
Oh, OK, never thought of that, Stihl makes a nice saw but the store that sells them around here was closed that day. That day being when a hurricane dropped a 90ft pine tree through my roof, the electric one I had was way over-matched.

Reactions: lxskllr

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
I started using canola for improved flow in cold temps, then using regular bar oil when it's hot. I'm gonna move over to canola completely and see how it goes. I don't cut when it's hot unless I have to. Turn the oiler up a little, and I'm thinking the lack of tackifiers won't make a difference. Canola's pretty cheap, probably better for the environment, and you can buy it anywhere.

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
I started using canola for improved flow in cold temps, then using regular bar oil when it's hot. I'm gonna move over to canola completely and see how it goes. I don't cut when it's hot unless I have to. Turn the oiler up a little, and I'm thinking the lack of tackifiers won't make a difference. Canola's pretty cheap, probably better for the environment, and you can buy it anywhere.
My situation was a bit different, called a tree service after the storm and was quoted $5,000, that's when I decided to just buy a bigger chain saw. Even with a "20 saw attached to a dirt-bike motor it was very difficult and at 61 I was not exactly young. Nonetheless, I cut off the limb that penetrated the roof then the smaller limbs then cut the trunk into one foot segments, bought a hand truck to bring them out front, in total it took four days in the exhausting FL heat/humidity, 4 without electricity, fun times!. I took a pic of the finished pile out front and sent it to the rip-off tree Co with a copy of the $199 I paid for the chain saw.

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Oddly Sparklett's drinking water. Seems to be a reasonable supply of distilled so maybe a problem at the local plant?

Scarpozzi

Lifer
Jun 13, 2000
Oddly Sparklett's drinking water. Seems to be a reasonable supply of distilled so maybe a problem at the local plant?
Maybe they can't get packaging supply shipments? Distilled probably doesn't sell as fast as drinking water/spring water. I wonder if they ran out of bottles/caps/seals/labels/etc....

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Good theory. Come to think of it haven't seen much on the shelves from their main competitor Arrowhead either...

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Like just about everywhere...labor is in short supply. All the fence builders are booked out until at least January. Looks like I'm gonna have to try to build this one myself. :eek:

There is one handyman I know who MIGHT be available to help...and he only charges $20/hr.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Went to Costco in Tumwater (Olympia) on Monday. the only toilet paper they had in the whse was the super-jumbo rolls for dispensers. None for "home" use.
I was able to order from Costco.com, at a slightly higher price...and, of course, I had to spend $75 on qualified items to get free shipping. (but only one package of TP)
You try to call Tumwater Oly again and I'm gonna cut you :p

The Lacey Costco is better anyway.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Cost issue. 3lbs. It is ATL though.

Friend said breasts are expensive. Told him these aren't even augmented. B cup at best.

Attachments

• 656334352.jpg
    656334352.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 19

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
You try to call Tumwater Oly again and I'm gonna cut you :p

The Lacey Costco is better anyway.

Probably true...but I live in Ocean Shores, so "Tumwater" (what ever happened to those artesians anyway?) is so much closer...and easier to get to. I've been to the Lacey Costco...what a clusterfuck.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Probably true...but I live in Ocean Shores, so "Tumwater" (what ever happened to those artesians anyway?) is so much closer...and easier to get to. I've been to the Lacey Costco...what a clusterfuck.
It's only an extra 5 minutes for me, and the Lacey one has diesel :cool: