Any old school Rainbow 6 (original) players here?

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

xycer

May 17, 2012
I was just talkin with my bro (prohomy) about the old r6 days and maps and stumbled upon this thread. would love to play this game again... brings back a lot of fond memories.

remember a lot of the names and clans mentioned in this thread and my brother an I were even members of some. we were mainly zoners but we played some mplayer too (joined the clan TDS). I was a clanhopper so I won't even begin mentioning the clans I was in, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: LegacyR6

Mr_BB_HoF

Nov 28, 2012
I was just doing some very late spring cleaning and ran into my R6 disk and saw a few of the names that came back to memory. I spent wayyyyy too much time on this game and loved every minute of it. I actually just wanted to install it for shits and giggles but having issues with installing it on win7 64 Ultimate.

In any case, mplayer/xl2000/Zone all that stuff was great, I have names in my head that will never be erased

nuggdogg/coolwater/aries/blackout - the list can go on for days. I think its the simplicity and teamwork that made this game so awesome.

Would definitely hop on again for shits and giggles if we could get a few together.

-Jason

solarkick

Jan 2, 2013
Heyo...

RoC_VisioN here. Was also briefly in TDS before we left for RoC. Lots of fun in R6 back in the day. I developed friendships that I still have today. Live up the road from Vortex now. Also still regularly speak with Shrapnel. And Coolwater. Every once in a blue moon with Jaydeezd and Gravity. Unfortunately lost track of some cool dudes like Reload, EasyDate, JiBBer.

Anyhow, def. recognize some of your names but don't think I knew any of you too well. Fun times though.

Marxist

Jan 9, 2013
What a great game. Many of the names mentioned on here look familiar. I played Mplayer and Zone. It was the smaller (in comparison to a COD, etc.) community and team-oriented gameplay that made R6 great. Haven't found another game like it that combined all of the above mentioned qualities in the same way.

Pc's Mplayer: VAST, ST5, RK1
Zone: RK1, TNLKC, ATR6

Chulo

Jan 16, 2013
RoC_Chulo here. Oh the memories. Started out on mplayer and played there forever and was in several clans there, ended with ADP I believe. I then found out about the zone and there was a higher level of competition there so I switched over. Only clan I joined there was RoC and they stayed #1 for a long time. Good times for sure. I miss those days.

Saffron

Nov 16, 2012
I never played the first R6, but man did I get down on Rogue Spear!!!

Bunkers, sniper only and no mid was my number one played map. I played it on 56k modem clowning on people with 28ks rofl!

This makes we want to play it again, but with the diversity and realism of FPS games now days it would be hard for me to have fun with it again.

Sulaco

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2003
This makes we want to play it again, but with the diversity and realism of FPS games now days it would be hard for me to have fun with it again.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Oh, that was funny.;) "Realism" ?!? Would that be the realism where if you got shot, 4 or 5 times, you duck behind something for 7 or 8 seconds, wait for the screen to get back to normal, then start shooting again?
Or I guess you mean graphical realism? ;)

Seriously though, outside of SWAT 4(2004?), Brothers in Arms HH (2008) the Operation Flashpoint series, and ArmA, anything approaching "realism" in shooters died out long ago.

And as far as graphics go, while it would be tough to stomach the original R6, Ghost Recon, or Rogue Spear graphically these days, I still find R6 3 and SWAT to be perfectly serviceable, and I'd take their graphics and gameplay any day over so much of what is out there now that is more graphically appealing.

sourn

Dec 26, 2012
I played r6 a little, but mainly rogue spear... I remember making people rage so much because I would own teams, and my name was noobe (zone and gamespy) (which I still use quite a bit). O the rage.

Omega6Clan

Jul 5, 2013
I played on MSN Zone. Played from RainbowSix, Rogue Spear and Raven Shield.

Omega6, we always had the #1 table in MSN Zone "PureLead" room.

KaOTiK

Lifer
Feb 5, 2001
This thread makes me smile. Every few months it gets bumped by someone who registered just to post in it. :D

lJesterl

Jul 9, 2013
I ran across this thread looking up ways to contact some old players. I remember so many of you. I played mostly on zone but had my days on mplayer as well. I was Jester. Clans such as Sr6, TFR, TSG, RoC, Mv3, TDS, nMe and most famously 187.

A group of players contacted me on facebook. I am a programmer now. Everyone wanted to play again so i threw together a league site www.myrainbow6.com and an anti-cheat patch just incase. I did a lot of work on the core engine for the game as well to improve compatability and performance.

We play @ www.voobly.com you can always find people in the lobby, its similar layout to zone. I am always idle in the lobby since i work from home. There are a ton of old schoolers registred that show up from time to time. Me, LtAce, Scythe, anth, etc.

We are also on a facebook group with about 100+ the group is "My Rainbow Six" look us up and stop by if any of you want to play the game again :)

lJesterl

Jul 9, 2013
I should point out that since r6 was dead for years upon years upon years. Its a slow process getting players to come because its hard to find them :) but im working on it

Ghost X HoF

Sep 2, 2013
Funny i remember a little Clan by the name of
DoF that was first in mplayer and the zone for a while... you seemed to leave them out.

COAbigdaddydel

Sep 24, 2013
I ran across this thread looking up ways to contact some old players. I remember so many of you. I played mostly on zone but had my days on mplayer as well. I was Jester. Clans such as Sr6, TFR, TSG, RoC, Mv3, TDS, nMe and most famously 187.

A group of players contacted me on facebook. I am a programmer now. Everyone wanted to play again so i threw together a league site www.myrainbow6.com and an anti-cheat patch just incase. I did a lot of work on the core engine for the game as well to improve compatability and performance.

We play @ www.voobly.com you can always find people in the lobby, its similar layout to zone. I am always idle in the lobby since i work from home. There are a ton of old schoolers registred that show up from time to time. Me, LtAce, Scythe, anth, etc.

We are also on a facebook group with about 100+ the group is "My Rainbow Six" look us up and stop by if any of you want to play the game again :)

Where is the FB pagE?