Any of you hippies protest at Wall Street?

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
The occupied countries aren't chosen randomly. :rolleyes:

We all know that. Thanks for letting me know that we deliberately invade countries that we really did not need to in order to "Support Freedom" or some other indefinable attribute.

Plus it can be a lot of fun at times.

I would rather be here online with all you guys! You are such great people!!! ;)

Seriously, being deployed is "fun at times"? WTFOMGBBQAreyouserious?

I mean, really! :rolleyes:

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
1) They are not "hippies"
2) Local ordinance was intended for the efficient running of a municipality. Somehow ignoring the CONSTITUTION in order to remove any political obstruction is rather cavalier and totalitarian.
3) Arresting people that have done nothing "wrong" in the eyes of the people, despite the local ordinances, only serves to fuel the cause even more. What happens when one of the people camping is a son, daughter, or cousin of one of the cops?

I see a TV movie in the making.....

Bullshit! I've seen the pictures. They're dirty, dirty, hippies. Hey man, like let's protest the man...man! Yeah, man, protest the man!
occupy13_JA05044.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
Bullshit! I've seen the pictures. They're dirty, dirty, hippies.
photos-occupy-showdown-in-denver

Yep. That's why they have a chaplain, a food area, a library, a medic. That is why they scrubbed the steps themselves. Others on other boards have been there in person (being they live and work in the area).

Boston, NY and other areas are not dominated by "hippies".

Stop cherry-picking protests to fit your political agenda.

TallBill

Lifer
Apr 29, 2001
I didn't enlist to support wars, support elected officials, or even support America. I don't think you'd understand though.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
the majority of those broke asses look like, well, you guys. so just wondering if any of ya'll were out there. how was it?

Nah, too peaceful for me, when they start tarring and feathering Wall St scum, I might get out there and watch.

OverVolt

Lifer
Aug 31, 2002
Bullshit! I've seen the pictures. They're dirty, dirty, hippies. Hey man, like let's protest the man...man! Yeah, man, protest the man!
occupy13_JA05044.sJPG_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sJPG

One reason why the baby boomers rose to power was the saying "trust no one over 30."

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
What, about the dude with the moobs?

He seriously needs a manssier.

They are keeping him around, in case the free-food ride is discontinued. :)

So, seriously, what constitutes this as an official protest? If me and five friends got together and decided to sleep in the park and write on some dirty cardboard boxes "Free the Gnats of Uganda" will we be able to stay indefinately? I dont think they got any permits for most of the things they are doing (which is confusing atm).

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
We've implemented extra securities measures at the office starting today after our Chairman and his wife were hassled while attending an event the other night. It doesn't help that we are probably the highest profile investment firm in Vancouver. :D

KT

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
We all know that. Thanks for letting me know that we deliberately invade countries that we really did not need to in order to "Support Freedom" or some other indefinable attribute.

I would rather be here online with all you guys! You are such great people!!! ;)

Seriously, being deployed is "fun at times"? WTFOMGBBQAreyouserious?

I mean, really! :rolleyes:

It's a frontier. An adventure. You spend 4 or 5 hours climbing a mountain carrying 90lbs of gear, wondering who's watching you and what they'll do, and then you make it to the top, and look across a true frontier, rifle in hand.

Afghanistan029.jpg

mountain.jpg

So yes, I'm absolutely serious. I would spend every day in Afghanistan until we withdraw if our system allowed for it.

shadow9d9

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
The occupied countries aren't chosen randomly. :rolleyes:

Plus it can be a lot of fun at times.

Of course. They need to make up nonsense to rally the braindead masses. Iraq was pretty random, considering they had nothing to do with al-qaeda, had the most progressive women's rights of the ME, and were the most secular.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Even then you can take any degree and get a job teaching elementary school in the middle of nowhere in Texas.

It's just that some people can't afford/aren't good enough to live in a big city with big city culture but think that they should have it all given to them anyway.

I would not use this as an example for two reasons.

You cannot teach K-6 with just any degree. You have to have a elementary education degree.

Even then, in Texas and it most places it was at one time thought that at the very least ESL and Math/Science teachers were always in demand and there were always jobs. People graduating this past May and going into education found out first hand, even education is not recession proof, at least in Texas. There are a ton of unemployed education grads. Its not so easy to get a teach job in Texas these days.