antialiasing questions

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gstanfor

Banned
Oct 19, 1999
Well, I'm sorry to inform you, but your confusion is down to believing Baumann on anything nvidia related (an ATi engineer was most likely his source).

You've got the story on how nvidia T:AA works straight from nvidia - the people who engineered the chip. I think they know just a little about the subject at hand than you, a test app and Baumann do...

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
but your confusion is down to believing Baumann on anything nvidia related (an ATi engineer was most likely his source).
Let's think about this ridiculous notion for a moment:- RGSS puts nVidia in a better light than your claim of OGSS.

So why would an ATi engineer tell a lie in nVidia's favour?

You've got the story on how nvidia T:AA works straight from nvidia - the people who engineered the chip.
Nowhere does it state how the hardware actually works in terms of samples. That quote you keep recycling simply tells us that TrAA only works on alpha textures while the rest of the scene gets regular AA.

Well duh.

I think we've moved well beyond this basic fact yet you still keep quoting it as if it's somehow under dispute.

I think they know just a little about the subject at hand than you, a test app and Baumann do...
We know the test app is correct because it matches the output shown on vendors' slides in various forms of AA including SLI and Crossfire.

If you're somehow suggesting the test app is magically incorrect with just TrAA SS again I'll ask for your evidence, otherwse you're simply making up nonsense.