Anti-Islamic activist brings fight against Islam to Chicago cabs

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bfdd

Lifer
Feb 3, 2007
I have no respect for the Taliban at all. They can all go to hell for all I care.
I don't believe the Taliban are representative of what Islam stands for.
I am not Muslim.

You're just an apologist we understand, it's ok. Don't deny it because only an apologist would assume it's ok to do bad things because other people have done bad things.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
You're just an apologist we understand, it's ok. Don't deny it because only an apologist would assume it's ok to do bad things because other people have done bad things.

Where have I said its ok to do bad things because others have?

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005

The only place I can figure you got that apologist crap from is here.

Trying to judge things that happen in that time by putting our values of today on them is not being very honest.
Also trying to interpret writings from them days is disagreed on, across the board

If I were to take that from the Talmud and judge it today, it would seem pretty bad for the Jews.

Read it again. I am saying (tryin to say?) it's not ok to take everything from the Bible,Talmud ,Qur'ān literally.
That's what a lot of fundies do to push their backwards agendas.

Infohawk

Lifer
Jan 12, 2002
I have no respect for the Taliban at all. They can all go to hell for all I care.
I don't believe the Taliban are representative of what Islam stands for.
I am not Muslim.

Good old Earl and his charming little ideas that only Islam is only the sum of its BEST parts. If a Muslim does something bad, said Muslim is magically kicked out of Earl's definition of Islam and they cease being Muslim.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
has anyone in chicago seen one of these ads yet? personally i think its tasteless. what if they made an ad with leaveChristianitysafely.com or leaveJudaismsafely.com on it? would that cause an outrage?

Bad analogy.

Leaving Islam is a death sentence for hard core believers just like insulting the prophet is. Islam teaches that apostates are to be killed in the Qu'ran, the hadiths and all schools of Islamic juris prudence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam
Bad taste? That's like saying it's bad taste to help women out of an abusive relationship. IMO it's bad taste not to.

Last edited:

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com
Bad analogy.

Leaving Islam is a death sentence for hard core believers just like insulting the prophet is. Islam teaches that apostates are to be killed in the Qu'ran, the hadiths and all schools of Islamic juris prudence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostasy_in_Islam
Bad taste? That's like saying it's bad taste to help women out of an abusive relationship. IMO it's bad taste not to.

And how many American Muslims follow such a harsh doctrine? I'd say probably none. These ads are just typical Muslim bashing which oddly enough seems acceptable in today's climate though if you criticize a Jew, you're labeled a racist/antisemitc and what not.

DivideBYZero

Lifer
May 18, 2001
Comparing Africa to the rest of the world is retarded. The place is ass backwards and hundreds of years behind in social and technological progress. Also, these ads to get women out of abusive relationships are good. Yes the woman behind it has a bigger agenda, that doesn't mean this can't do some good. Get over it and like others have said if this targeted christians instead of muslims almost everyone here would be ok with it. Shut the fuck up and stop being such cock suckers holding up double standards.
Haha, you know nothing about the continent, apparently. D:

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Good old Earl and his charming little ideas that only Islam is only the sum of its BEST parts. If a Muslim does something bad, said Muslim is magically kicked out of Earl's definition of Islam and they cease being Muslim.

Have you isolated yourself so much from the real world that you have never met a good person who was religious?
Come to think of it, some of the most decent people I have ever met have been religious.
Take a deep breathe, pack your gun if you need that, and go outside and visit a Church or a Mosque or a Temple sometime and talk to some people.
Most of those people are there because of the people next to them, not the Pope or Billy Graham.
There's a saying *take what you need and leave the rest*