Another example of McCain's bad judgement

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
It is highly irresponsible for a presumptive candidate to refuse secret service coverage. Looking coldly at the situation, if he gets killed the GOP is out millions and their best chance at holding the White House.

And the word is spelled "judgment."

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Thump553

... if he gets killed the GOP is out millions and their best chance at holding the White House.

I wouldn't want to see him or any Presidential candidate shot, and it would cause huge political and social distress, but the two consequenses you note would be the up side of it.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: Harvey

... if he gets killed the GOP is out millions and their best chance at holding the White House.

I wouldn't want to see him or any Presidential candidate shot, and it would cause huge political and social distress, but the two consequenses you note would be the up side of it.

But you want a sitting president murdered? :confused:

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: blackangst1

Grow up. :roll:

ebaycj

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2002
Originally posted by: Craig234
It's just irresponsible and suggests something wrong with him, IMO.

link

The question is: Why did he not also refuse military coverage while taking a "stroll through a farmers market" in the middle of Baghdad ?

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
Originally posted by: ebaycj

link

The question is: Why did he not also refuse military coverage while taking a "stroll through a farmers market" in the middle of Baghdad ?

He can afford private security in this circumstance.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: ebaycj

link

you really think he had a choice?

how f'd would the commander have been if something happened under his watch? I'm sure he didn't personally ask for the helicopters and all that shit.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

I just like pointing out your hypocrisy :D Youre so emotional lighten up its a friggin messageboard

Corbett

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2005

The truth hurts! Good one Blackangst!

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: palehorse74
you're really reaching with this one...

No, I'm not. You are simply a very blind and partisan apologist for one side, so you see things with huge distortion. There's not much I know that can help you, unfortunately. It's a little like seeing people who went through the great depression, or who were racist before the civil rights era - they are sort of stuck with a mindset affected by that.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

link

I agree. I can totally see some deranged libtard.......maybe Harvey with his psychotic rantings and ravings, or Lemon Law with his Bush execution fantasies........attempt to off McCain in order to save America from teh eval GOP.

I kid........maybe. ;)

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
It is highly irresponsible for a presumptive candidate to refuse secret service coverage. Looking coldly at the situation, if he gets killed the GOP is out millions and their best chance at holding the White House.

That and other factors - there's simply the reality of a nation of 300 million people and the fact there are some disturbed people, as John Lennon or Ronald Reagan would tell you.

And the word is spelled "judgment."[/quote]

I would love to get a spelling correction. You should check your facts before posting one, though, as both spellings are correct.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

No, I'm not. You are simply a very blind and partisan apologist for one side, so you see things with huge distortion. There's not much I know that can help you, unfortunately. It's a little like seeing people who went through the great depression, or who were racist before the civil rights era - they are sort of stuck with a mindset affected by that.

Hey genius, I'm an Obama supporter, I've never been a member of any political party, and you're still reaching if you think this issue demonstrates bad judgment by McCain.

I would love to get a spelling correction. You should check your facts before posting one, though, as both spellings are correct.
Oh, I guess you're bloody British now... :roll:

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002

Hey genius, I'm an Obama supporter, I've never been a member of any political party, and you're still reaching if you think this issue demonstrates bad judgment by McCain.

Craig234, is just confused and is talking about himself in that last post. ;)

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Only P&N could care so much for the safety of the GOP as to warrant an assault on the very issue.

GOP abandoned its values to nominate McCain. After that they can win nothing. I wouldn't call it a loss actually.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005

LOL, I would say "pot meet kettle", but PH is supporting a Dem this go around....

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Tab

Craig234, is just confused and is talking about himself in that last post. ;)

There's always a bottom feeder around to take the false cheap shot.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: JD50

LOL, I would say "pot meet kettle", but PH is supporting a Dem this go around....

Oh, go ahead and say it - you're pot, Palehorse is kettle. And see my previous post.

Ideology can be broader than party-based, it can be about other things.

Tab

Lifer
Sep 15, 2002
:roll: I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that John McCain is probably smarter than you, me and probably everyone that posts on this board.

JD50

Lifer
Sep 4, 2005
Originally posted by: JD50

Oh, go ahead and say it - you're pot, Palehorse is kettle. And see my previous post.

Ideology can be broader than party-based, it can be about other things.

That doesn't even make sense. Nice try though.