Another Bias-based Crime - attempted murder this time

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Look at her smug mug. As if she's proud of herself. Remember when Trump was campaigning in 2016, and he made those comments about Mexicans? Thats when he received a spike in his popularity and revealed the sick underbelly of America that ultimately got him elected. Basically THATS what got that poor girl run over.

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
She looks like a nut job.
What do you mean by that?

Meaning she looks like a dollar store hooker who got fired for being overpriced.

Meaning she enjoyed running over a child like Smeagol overjoyed himself murdering his friend and taking the ring.

B looks like him too.

Smeagol.jpg

Paladin3

Diamond Member
Mar 5, 2004
It seems she is being charged with a hate crime for what she did at the gas station and not for running over the girl. Wacky! But, so long as she is jailed for life I'm cool with it.

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa —

West Des Moines police said Sunday that a woman arrested in the intentional hit-and-run of a 14-year-old in Clive is charged with a hate crime in a separate incident.

Police charged Nicole Marie Poole Franklin on Dec. 9 with violation of individual rights, fifth-degree theft, public intoxication and possession of a controlled substance following her arrest at a Conoco convenience store located at 136 1st St. in West Des Moines.

According to a police report, West Des Moines officers responded to the Conoco after receiving reports of a woman yelling and throwing items at people in the convenience store.

The store employee told police that Franklin grabbed and ate items in the store before approaching him to ask for $30 in gas and a bottle of alcohol, according to the report.

The report said that Franklin attempted to take the bottle from the store employee and, upon questioning by the store employee, began using racial slurs, directed at him and customers of color in the store. The store employee also said Franklin pushed items off the store counter and threw things at him.

Responding officers reported that whey they spoke with Franklin at the store, she admitted to smoking meth within five hours of the incident.

Following her arrest, Franklin told police that she struck 14-year-old Natalia Miranda with her vehicle on purpose earlier that day because Miranda was "a Mexican."

West Des Moines police charged her with attempted murder in connection with the hit-and-run.

She remains in Polk County Jail on more than $1 million cash bond.

Nov 17, 2019
It seems she is being charged with a hate crime for what she did at the gas station and not for running over the girl. Wacky! But, so long as she is jailed for life I'm cool with it.

Yet. Still pending from what I read.

public intoxication and possession of a controlled substance

she admitted to smoking meth within five hours of the incident.

Built in defense ... 'Da' Devil made me do it!!!'

Nov 17, 2019
Glad the victim is ok, toss this lady in the white house, she's earned it.

Sounds like a running mate for the Marysville, MI hag:

Reactions: DarthKyrie

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

"Hypothetically, he said, if Franklin were to be charged with both attempted murder and a hate crime, it would leave the possibility for the jury to compromise and drop the attempted murder charge. "

That's interesting. And surprising that a jury would even compromise.

Reactions: whm1974
Nov 25, 2013
"Hypothetically, he said, if Franklin were to be charged with both attempted murder and a hate crime, it would leave the possibility for the jury to compromise and drop the attempted murder charge. "

That's interesting. And surprising that a jury would even compromise.

Thankfully seems not to be an issue here.

Sarcone said a hate crime charge enhances specific other charges, such as arson, assault, criminal mischief and trespassing, but wouldn't apply to the attempted murder charge.

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
Why do conservatives love to hurt, harm and kill people?

Pipe bombs, battery acid, running people over with their cards (POC and protesters)...

Seriously what is wrong with the Right, why are they so murderous?

Viper1j

Diamond Member
Jul 31, 2018

Pipe bombs, battery acid, running people over with their cards (POC and protesters)...

They should only be referred to as "Republican(s)".

They're not "conservatives". Because they don't conserve shit. Not the environment, not the economy, not people that are anything other than white.

Name one thing they conserve.

con·serve
verb

/kənˈsərv/
  1. protect (something, especially an environmentally or culturally important place or thing) from harm or destruction.

ShookKnight

Dec 12, 2019
They should only be referred to as "Republican(s)".

They're not "conservatives".

Yeah, we already tried that with Alt-Right, Extreme Right, Far Right, etc... it turns out its the same group of people; pissed off self proclaimed victims who resort to violence, treason, fascism and murder to keep their power while they hide behind concepts of conservatism (religion, laws, morality, etc.).

It is true that the conservative image has been hijacked by this swine... but, the GOP (aka, the Republicans) have done NOTHING to distance themselves from these deplorables.

Al Franken gropes a women - he resigns once it's made public.

Trump has done not only everything Obama was criticized for, but a slew of other high crimes as well and conservatives have done NOTHING.

Clean house if you have to. But, stating 'nu-uh' isn't going to wash conservatives of the caked in shit they've smeared all over themselves in the last few decades.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
What do you mean by that?
Hehe, I wondered that myself. I saw a typical picture of a person, and not somebody I would imagine intentionally running over a child.

On reflectionthough, I’m going to have to stop telling my young nieces, when I drive them around in my truck, how many points you get for running over children and people in wheel chairs, etc.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Remember these idiot fat slob maga incels are the same seed as you and me... they were just sown in a little bit different soil and a tad less sun.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
On reflection though, I’m going to have to stop telling my young nieces, when I drive them around in my truck, how many points you get for running over children and people in wheel chairs, etc.

Rats. Yet another thing to add to my already heavy guilt load. :(

Ottonomous

May 15, 2014

Cons tend to approach politics through fear because of differences in right amygdalar size

This is why they bank hard on ingroup bias and fear altruism
Why they love to trigger each other with wild conspiracy theories and apocalyptic interpretations of simple incidents
Why they're constantly combative during discussion and desperately need a win (not a satisfactory and all-round beneficial outcome to debate)
Why they love to post pics standing next to guns and threatening those pesky libs in facebook
Why even the most republican government is out to get them as individuals
And always have to make cartoonish displays of masculinity, bravado and dominance

It all centers around perpetual fear and not a more rational and constructive approach to politics

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Not surprised that nobody has said it here. This is a shit thread title and there is nothing to indicate this person is a "Trumper". Yeah, has to be, because all Republicans hate Mexicans, amirite? Bullshit! :rolleyes:
I wonder if my Mexican Republican friends also hate Mexicans?
Who knows what this drug addled hateful person affiliates with, but I suspect drugs, mental illness and hate have more to do with it than political affiliation.