Andrew McCabe is fired. Will not collect retirement.

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
WTF, I've tried to respond to this post about 5 times and it keeps telling me it's spam or something.
See if it works now:

So the problem was the word F*A*G. Such snowflakes in moderation.

We seemed to have lived in parallel. I understand everything you said cause I lived it. Yes we are defending those institutions that at one time were out of control. I ran away from home for a month because my mother cracked at stack of dishes on my head, cause I called J. Egar a gay. Fun times, I swear I have Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome from that period in my life.

EDIT:I did not say gay to my mom. I said the word that shall not appear.
I had a friend who was enrolled in a PhD program at UCSD in the early '70s. He and some colleagues went out for a Sunday drive, passing by a motel that was rumored to serve Hoover when he was "in town." [this is the way I remember how he tells the story.]

As they drove by, they saw Hoover in drag with Clyde Tolson. This is all hearsay, but my old friend doesn't lie.

My favorite story from that era was that of the Chicago 10, sometimes referred to as the Chicago 7. Bobbie Seal, Tom Hayden, Abbie Hoffman and the rest of them. I wish now that I'd put my school books aside and joined the demonstration of some 700,000 to disrupt the Democratic National Convention. Abbie Hoffman meets Judge Hoffman. PBS Independent Lens had hosted a wonderful documentary (with animated cartoon) entitled "Chicago 10," first aired, I think, in 2007. There was newsreel footage interspersed with animated sequences that followed the courtroom transcript.

Anyway, in the spirit of "Steal this Book," you shouldn't need to steal the program video if it's still available online. Usually that sort of thing is free.

Last edited:

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Yea, the actual article might be OK. But, I made the mistake at looking at the other articles on the page. No wonder Jack gets confused sometimes.

My sources for headlines are... Drudge, Fox, CNN, HuffPo, and Reddit's r/worldnews.

I responded with that link because I saw such info in a tweet earlier today, so I knew it existed somewhere. I googled up a quick source to confirm that's what people in the conservative bubble ARE saying. Did I state it was a definitive fact backed by a real source? Hell no, I didn't find one or I would have posted that instead. But it IS useful to understand that a piece of info is being spread, whether or not it is misinformation. Brandonbull was not just making it up, even if other people may have done so.

Do not rely on ignorance, you must understand the enemy.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Do you have a more credible source? Not saying it’s wrong but someone from the federalist generally isn’t to be trusted.

Seriously, WTF? What the hell would a random columnist know about an FBI internal investigation? Does she have a source? At least she should be able to cite "my sources are telling me" or "unnamed sources", or a link to an FBI PR person.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
My sources for headlines are... Drudge, Fox, CNN, HuffPo, and Reddit's r/worldnews.

I responded with that link because I saw such info in a tweet earlier today, so I knew it existed somewhere. I googled up a quick source to confirm that's what people in the conservative bubble ARE saying. Did I state it was a definitive fact backed by a real source? Hell no, I didn't find one or I would have posted that instead. But it IS useful to understand that a piece of info is being spread, whether or not it is misinformation. Brandonbull was not just making it up, even if other people may have done so.

You should know that Drudge and The Federalist are garbage sources by now. If you can't link anything else you are better off not linking anything and just say you pulled your claim out of your balloon knot.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
You should know that Drudge and The Federalist are garbage sources by now. If you can't link anything else you are better off not linking anything and just say you pulled your claim out of your balloon knot.

What newspapers do you think CIA analyzed during the Cold War? To analyze them, they'd need to read them: Pravda and Izvestia.

But someone would have to pay me a small salary to watch FOX for any length of time. You can score these media by first dividing their program schedule into "real news" and "news-comment." Then, see how much of an overlap there might be in news-events of the day. Those would be "events" -- facts -- which can be cross-verified. Whichever media outlet suppresses or eliminates more facts as reported elsewhere, that outlet is suspect just for censoring news content.

Back in January 2004, FOX advertised an "upcoming event" for a full week before it was scheduled to take place. Ted Kennedy was supposed to deliver a statement at the National Press Club, directed at Bush and his prosecution of the Iraq War. None of the other media had advertised it in advance to this degree shown by FOX. You thought you'd be sure to see it on FOX at the specified hour and day

So I had my TV all tuned in with reminders on my computer not to miss the broadcast. FOX offered exactly three minutes of Kennedy's remarks, followed by comment on those three minutes. Later, I discovered it was presented on CSPAN. Senator Kennedy's delivery was some forty minutes long. That's just an example.

It seems that FOX had attempted to lure viewers, and then present perhaps a tenth of Kennedy's remarks. It would only be deliberate. You're free to propose some summary of their strategy.

Yes -- you can learn a lot by keeping tabs on media to which you may be averse.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I'll need at least as much time a Mueller needs.

lol.

You made a direct claim as if it was fact, stalling to provide any support of this claim. Compare your lack of candor to how Mueller has publicly handled his investigation.

...Well, I don't need to be as "patient" as you: the answer is that you're a dishonest bag of dog shit.

BonzaiDuck

Lifer
Jun 30, 2004
Consider the scatter of dots -- to which I am always adamant to add the two school terror hoaxes occurring during the first half of the 2016 campaign. Manafort and his shenanigans. WikiLeaks and theirs. The Steele dossier, for which credibility cannot be diminished just because it was sought by the DNC. The 13 Russians indicted. Trump's consistently pro-Putin behavior. Kushner's antics and the failure to pursue prudent security clearance procedures and policies. The list goes on and on.

These are the things we (as outsiders) know that Mueller knows. Each one of those dots invites a further incremental hypothesis about what might be found if the investigation proceeds further. Now we have Facebook and Cambridge Analytica in the mix.

I don't need to be a "Liberal" or a "Democrat sympathizer" or just someone who despises Trump -- to see that any prudent investigator still has miles to go before he sleeps.

This is not your Extended Benghazi committee hearings or your e-mail scab-picking.

As for the terror hoaxes. If they were perpetrated by the Russians, only in part on Trump's behalf, then you have a couple dozen million people who were terrorized during the campaign -- people who lived and worked in the deepest, most concentrated "blue" congressional districts of the country.

Witch hunt? I think not. And anyone who simply wants the investigation to end now, and anyone who assumes that Trump could do no wrong because he had their vote after all, is just someone with their head in the sand, unwilling to discover the Truth. Imagine -- people fired up about Muslims and terr-rissts and immigration, all worried that we might discover something worse about Trump than his unprotected sex with Stormy.

What sticks in the craw of anyone who voted against Trump, or who now despises him regardless of their 2016 vote? It is that those who lost the election but won the White House are sticking this Jackass in our face, thinking they and he deserve any respect from us at all.

So basically, the rest of us just "don't exist." Only Trump's base can be "The American People."

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

Yeh, I know- you're just "putting it out there", basically promulgating it.

I seriously doubt that anybody other than Trump partisans looked askance at McCabe prior to his testimony before Nunes' committee. Whatever he tells them obviously goes directly to the White House, the subject of the investigation. I mean, Duh! He may have overstepped his bounds trying to be circumspect.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
the basic benefit is withheld from your paycheck along with social security. TANSTAAFL.
https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/fers-information/

No, is not. I do not pay into it. Nowhere on my check stub is there any deduction for a pension. It is free. There is for a 401k, and once a month my union dues.

Cool, so fucking people over is just more owning the libs, eh?

I'd call you a dildo, but they bring good into the world.

Unlike you, I don't care what party the guy belongs to. A cop (which is what he is) does something like this, should not be rewarded with a life time pension. He may have very well served the FBI for years honorably. That doesn't get him a free pass to do whatever he wants at the end. Once again, the FBI themselves suggested he be fired. The people he worked with and for.

If McCabe killed an unarmed person during a traffic stop when that person did nothing wrong I'd be for firing McCabe too.

Nobody here has seen the actual report. What is funny in this the normal M.O. is to release the report and then fire. It was done in reverse and has Trump vindictive written all over it.

Who said anything about killing an unarmed man? Funny how you automatically go to that, and think that all "unarmed men" are innocent. There have been many anti cop threads here. Some with people committing acts and then trying to retire before getting fired. Some of the same people who are against this, were for it then. No I don't really feel like looking it up, believe me or not. There aren't nearly as many cop threads here anymore, because people are too busy posting anti Trump threads now. But you know that, since you are one of the main posters who do this. Showing your bias because you don't post the same types of posts about Dems, even when circumstances are the same. It's pretty sad, but you aren't alone so take solace in that.

Oh, you know the normal M.O for this? Please explain how you know this. True, nobody here has seen the report. Like with the above poster I will remind you that the FBI suggested he be fired. This started last Summer too.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
No, is not. I do not pay into it. Nowhere on my check stub is there any deduction for a pension. It is free. There is for a 401k, and once a month my union dues.

Unlike you, I don't care what party the guy belongs to. A cop (which is what he is) does something like this, should not be rewarded with a life time pension. He may have very well served the FBI for years honorably. That doesn't get him a free pass to do whatever he wants at the end. Once again, the FBI themselves suggested he be fired. The people he worked with and for.

Who said anything about killing an unarmed man? Funny how you automatically go to that, and think that all "unarmed men" are innocent. There have been many anti cop threads here. Some with people committing acts and then trying to retire before getting fired. Some of the same people who are against this, were for it then. No I don't really feel like looking it up, believe me or not. There aren't nearly as many cop threads here anymore, because people are too busy posting anti Trump threads now. But you know that, since you are one of the main posters who do this. Showing your bias because you don't post the same types of posts about Dems, even when circumstances are the same. It's pretty sad, but you aren't alone so take solace in that.

Oh, you know the normal M.O for this? Please explain how you know this. True, nobody here has seen the report. Like with the above poster I will remind you that the FBI suggested he be fired. This started last Summer too.

Assuming you are a civil servant and you are on FERS you do pay into it.

https://www.opm.gov/retirement-services/fers-information/

FERS Information
Congress created the Federal Employees Retirement System (FERS) in 1986, and it became effective on January 1, 1987. Since that time, new Federal civilian employees who have retirement coverage are covered by FERS.

FERS is a retirement plan that provides benefits from three different sources: aBasic Benefit Plan, Social Security and the Thrift Savings Plan (TSP). Two of the three parts of FERS (Social Security and the TSP) can go with you to your next job if you leave the Federal Government before retirement. The Basic Benefit and Social Security parts of FERS require you to pay your share each pay period. Your agency withholds the cost of the Basic Benefit and Social Security from your pay as payroll deductions. Your agency pays its part too. Then, after you retire, you receive annuity payments each month for the rest of your life.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Ackmed is swallowing the whole story, isn't he? His will to believe is very strong.

We have Sessions' version of the story & that's pretty much it. Well, we also have Trump's version, too. We have no idea what it was that McCabe supposedly wasn't forthcoming about or when. We certainly don't know when he was swept up in the IG investigation, either, no matter what claims are made. We don't know what supposed facts were accepted wrt that, either.

It's all very political, designed to discredit the FBI & the Special Counsel investigation. If it wasn't they would have just let McCabe retire. This sullies his reputation & therefore any testimony he might give.

Jul 9, 2009
lol.

You made a direct claim as if it was fact, stalling to provide any support of this claim. Compare your lack of candor to how Mueller has publicly handled his investigation.

...Well, I don't need to be as "patient" as you: the answer is that you're a dishonest bag of dog shit.
Yes, and it's one that has been shown time after time. Hillary had classified emails on her private server and she obstructed justice by erasing and/or having subordinates erase emails that had been subpoenaed. and No, i won't do the simple internet search for you.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Yes, and it's one that has been shown time after time. Hillary had classified emails on her private server and she obstructed justice by erasing and/or having subordinates erase emails that had been subpoenaed. and No, i won't do the simple internet search for you.

Back to the familiar comfort of hatin' on Hillary & her buttery males... like it has anything to do with McCabe being fired.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006

"If I make a claim twice, that's the same as it actually being true!"

Jul 9, 2009
Back to the familiar comfort of hatin' on Hillary & her buttery males... like it has anything to do with McCabe being fired.
If/when a Special Counsel is appointed to look at the FBI and FISA she'd just be low hanging fruit to get the indictments started.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yes, and it's one that has been shown time after time. Hillary had classified emails on her private server

That is not in and of itself a crime.

and she obstructed justice by erasing and/or having subordinates erase emails that had been subpoenaed. and No, i won't do the simple internet search for you.

You have been asked repeatedly to provide literally any evidence for this and other claims but have been unable or unwilling to do so. To continue to repeat things you can’t back up indicates that you know you are lying. Honest and moral people do not behave this way.

Reactions: Younigue

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Classified material was only proven after the investigation.

Since you are so concerned about classified material why are you not supporting an investigation into the current administration email abuse?

Earlier he complained that people kept talking about how there wasn’t intent. He is either so stupid that he doesn’t know that intent is required for it to be a crime or he’s so dishonest he doesn’t care. (It’s the latter)

Taj doesn’t care about truth or accuracy. If the facts don’t fit what he wants other people to believe then he lies about the facts.

outriding

Diamond Member
Feb 20, 2002
Earlier he complained that people kept talking about how there wasn’t intent. He is either so stupid that he doesn’t know that intent is required for it to be a crime or he’s so dishonest he doesn’t care. (It’s the latter)

Taj doesn’t care about truth or accuracy. If the facts don’t fit what he wants other people to believe then he lies about the facts.

I don't think he cares about the laws as long as it benefits his party