Andrew Luck vs RG3

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

When all is said and done when they retire, who do you think will be deemed the bette

• Luck

• RG3

• Russell Wilson

Results are only viewable after voting.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
If Luck plays a decent defense, he's garbage.

That's why he does so well, because he rarely plays a decent or good defense.

BWAHAHA, you are so clueless. RGme looked like garbage against the likes of freaking Tampa.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Compared to who? Against some idealized perfect QB who doesn't exist in reality?

eits is butthurt because he was completely wrong about RGme and made a fool of himself. Did you see the stat they put up during the game? Colts lead the league in dropped balls. They also have one of the worst offensive lines. And yet Luck is in the top 5 in most QB categories.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I think the only QB who has had a better first 3 seasons than Luck is Marino. Maybe Elway.

Luck's had maybe 2 bad games his entire career to this point. I've twice renewed my car's registration since the last time RG3 had a good game in the NFL. (OK--numbers wise. I would say that Russell Wilson has had a better 3 years than Luck because, well, Superbowl. Luck also plays for a middling team, so there's that)

I'm a Redskins fan, and I want RG3 not to suck. But he does suck. Maybe it's not an inherent thing, and he just needs to go somewhere else and play under a hardass coach that will beat some sense into him, but he is fucking horrible in Washington. I don't want him to be--but he is. That's a fact.

This is why I'm glad that I'm not a superfan. Such things invade a person's brain and blocks any kind of common sense. You say very stupid things that might make sense in such tunnel vision, but it looks really dumb to everyone else that doesn't hang out in that same tunnel. I used to be this way in college, and with my team (NC State), but I got better. At some point, you just have to accept some simple truths about sports:

--the refs are not out to get my team
--there is no such thing as a curse
--maybe my favorite organization is just run god damn poorly? Hmm...

I became very annoyed with myself--how my blood pressure would go nuts, I couldn't sleep, or would get depressed and anxious after devastating losses. That shit just isn't normal. I feel it is a sickness. It also helps that my beloved teams are perennial scrubs: NC State, Mets, Skins, Cubs, Knicks (I hate the NBA in general now, so I could give two shits about that), so it's easier for me to just enjoy the various games for the sport of it.

Last edited:

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
the guy's been injured for a while and he's still not fully there as far as form goes. his offensive line is worst in the league. give it a season or two before i say i was wrong.

andrew luck IS overrated. that doesn't mean he will be doomed for eternal mediocrity whenever he gets a real season and not play defenses that are total jokes. it just means that, for now, until he gets tested, he's still overrated. if he can play well whenever he has a difficult schedule, then it can be concluded that he's awesome. until then, he's overrated.

eits

Lifer
Jun 4, 2005
www.integratedssr.com
the stats for luck are skewed in his favor because he consistently has among the easiest strength of schedules for the past 3 years. how is it that you keep ignoring this?

it's like being valedictorian in a shitty public school district, but going off to an acclaimed college and getting c's because you're really not as great at school as everyone thought you were.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
the guy's been injured for a while and he's still not fully there as far as form goes. his offensive line is worst in the league. give it a season or two before i say i was wrong.

andrew luck IS overrated. that doesn't mean he will be doomed for eternal mediocrity whenever he gets a real season and not play defenses that are total jokes. it just means that, for now, until he gets tested, he's still overrated. if he can play well whenever he has a difficult schedule, then it can be concluded that he's awesome. until then, he's overrated.

Did you see him demolish SF on the road last year? That was the 2nd or 3rd-best team in the NFL. Did you see him in the playoffs last year, come back from what was it--34 points and beat KC on the road?

You are the only person that has ever considered Andrew Luck as overrated. It's truly baffling. At Stanford, he played against Oregon and USC twice a year, as well as whothehell else. He has always been good.

You know who is overrated? RG3. Since day one. At least, Washington overrated him. At that time, he was certainly a number 2 pick. No doubt. But he was never a "Sell your team's future" type of player. Not a chance. Because that has been established as his value, then he is certainly overrated. Probably more so than other top busts--Jamarcus Russell, for example.

Overrated isn't a term that belongs anywhere near Luck. Underrated? maybe...but no one thinks that. It's impossible. Underappretiated? Certainly--because he plays on a middling team with a tiny market, and didn't have the entire league fawning over his draft and entrance into the league. And maybe it's his because of his neckbeard and caveman face, but he hasn't been selling sandwiches or Gatorade or shoes on TV every 20 minutes, as some overrated players have been.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007
Hey look, here's another QB that eits said would fail miserably - Russell Wilson. What wonderful QB IQ eits has! Lol!

We get more of the same predictable excuses for RGIII. RGIII is the most overrated, overhyped prospect I recall seeing in at least the last 10 years, if not ever. He is a TERRIBLE pocket passer - numerous experts have illustrated his flaws. He can improve, as long as he drops the arrogance.

When RGIII sucks, eits presents a list of excuses. If another QB has a bad game, eits clings to that as a win. Eits was wrong about RGIII, was (is) wrong about Luck, and was comically wrong about Russell Wilson. The only thing lower than RGIII's Tampa numbers is eits' football IQ.

Last edited:

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
god damn eits i hate to call another redskins fan a moron, but you are a god damn idiot and sound so stupid in this thread.

IndyColtsFan

Lifer
Sep 22, 2007

More excuses. "But..but...he's injured still!" "But...but...bad offensive line!" RGIII had the rookie season he did because Shanahan dumbed down the playbook and filled it with read options. You're also marginalizing the role Morris played and you conveniently neglect to mention the fact that Luck has NEVER had a running game whereas the Redskins have.

Luck's offensive line is quite possibly the worst in the league and yet he keeps piling up the numbers.

Last edited:

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
This Russel Wilson guy is just so overrated. I can't believe how bad he really is, despite winning games and making great decisions!

If anything, Aaron Rodgers is overrated. I mean, he had a 300+ yard game, 1 TD, and 0 INTs and we sit back and say "eh, he had an okay game."

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
This Russel Wilson guy is just so overrated. I can't believe how bad he really is, despite winning games and making great decisions!

If anything, Aaron Rodgers is overrated. I mean, he had a 300+ yard game, 1 TD, and 0 INTs and we sit back and say "eh, he had an okay game."

I mean, even when he throws INTs, they're TDs!

A3sOIGiCQAAut72.jpg-large.jpeg

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
the stats for luck are skewed in his favor because he consistently has among the easiest strength of schedules for the past 3 years. how is it that you keep ignoring this?

it's like being valedictorian in a shitty public school district, but going off to an acclaimed college and getting c's because you're really not as great at school as everyone thought you were.

He's one of the league best already, unless you're saying he's overrated against a comp of "hall of fame qb" in which case I'll agree with you. And his SoS has very little to do with his performance this year - once Bradshaw got hurt the Colts had no run game. Wait, I take that back, the Colts had TRich which was worse than no run game.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
eits, I have to amend my comment earlier.

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2013/REG/COLTS

The Colts beat the top 3 teams in the NFL last year: The Seahawks, the Niners, and the Broncos.

I forgot about that.

They also scraped the floor with the Chiefs before heading into the playoffs, then did it again coming back from 30 some points with less than a half to go.

Andrew Luck plays some shit schedules.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
He's one of the league best already, unless you're saying he's overrated against a comp of "hall of fame qb" in which case I'll agree with you. And his SoS has very little to do with his performance this year - once Bradshaw got hurt the Colts had no run game. Wait, I take that back, the Colts had TRich which was worse than no run game.

:D

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
I don't understand Trent Richardson. If he catches a ball in the flats, he looks great. If it takes it from the QB behind the line, he is terrible.

Sooon

Oct 3, 2014
Andrew Luck confirmed to be the Ned Flanders of the NFL.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/andrew-luck-the-nfls-most-perplexing-trash-talker-1418663249

Luck has become famous for congratulating—sincerely and enthusiastically—any player to hit him hard. Any sack is met with a hearty congratulations, such as ”great job” or “what a hit!” He yells it after hard hits that don’t result in sacks, too. It is, players say, just about the weirdest thing any quarterback does in the NFL.

When New England pass rusher Rob Ninkovich pulverized Luck last month in a Patriots’ 42-20 win, he got the customary congratulations. As Ninkovich tells it, he found himself paralyzed with confusion by the well-wishes, so he blurted out “Thanks for...uh...accepting that hit?” before running back to the huddle.

I don't understand Trent Richardson. If he catches a ball in the flats, he looks great. If it takes it from the QB behind the line, he is terrible.

Trent Richardson in a nut-shell:

Trent-Richardson-vs-PIT-1C-420x309.png

Trent-Richardson-vs-PIT-1D.png

Trent-Richardson-vs-PIT-1E-420x312.png

Adrenaline

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2005
I have asked it once in this thread and I will ask again:

Who would you take over Luck other than Rodgers starting out a franchise?