And there goes Countrywide....

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
CFC, and specifically Mozillo, is one of the slimiest guys out there. A few months ago he was telling everyone that CFC was in tip top shape, all the while he was unloading his shares like a mofo. A couple days later, he started to hint that they were having problems, thats when the big nose dive started. I thought I heard about a shareholder class action lawsuit against the guy, saying he misrepresented the business. That guy is next to Kenneth Lay in terms of sliminess.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
Update, CFC stock continues to take a dump ending trading today around $6. It's 52 wk high is around 42, I should have kept my puts but sold them at 18, oh well.

A bankruptcy rumor shook them today, which they denied. Can they make it out the year intact? Will Dave McCowen be right? If the largest mortgage company in the US goes down, how will it effect the ret of the market?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Slew Foot
CFC, and specifically Mozillo, is one of the slimiest guys out there. A few months ago he was telling everyone that CFC was in tip top shape, all the while he was unloading his shares like a mofo. A couple days later, he started to hint that they were having problems, thats when the big nose dive started. I thought I heard about a shareholder class action lawsuit against the guy, saying he misrepresented the business. That guy is next to Kenneth Lay in terms of sliminess.

It's even worse. Mozillo initiated a stock buyback so he could sell his options to his company's shareholders before the whole thing came crashing down.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
Got bought out by BofA today, who'll keep operating it under the Countrywide label for a couple eyars befor eintegration. Looks like they're trying to cover up for their stupid deal last summer. They just inherited a ton of crappy loans, be interesting to see what happens to BofA here.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
Got bought out by BofA today, who'll keep operating it under the Countrywide label for a couple eyars befor eintegration. Looks like they're trying to cover up for their stupid deal last summer. They just inherited a ton of crappy loans, be interesting to see what happens to BofA here.

lol

yeah. Poor, poor BOA.

Only have $1.6trl in assets and made a pitiful $15bil last year. Clearly paying fifty cent on the dollar for $200bil in assets and $50bil in deposits was a dumb move - :shocked:

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000
humm BoA bought countrywide for 4billion. last year country wide was worth 25 billion. hell of a deal!

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Citrix
humm BoA bought countrywide for 4billion. last year country wide was worth 25 billion. hell of a deal!

I have some pig shit to sell to you. Last year I charged 2.00, this year I am charging .5.

Wanna buy?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: LegendKiller

I have some pig shit to sell to you. Last year I charged 2.00, this year I am charging .5.

Wanna buy?

Even pig shit has some value as manure.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001

bahahahaha, luckily, i work for their competitor.

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Pepsei

bahahahaha, luckily, i work for their competitor.

Next? Like dominos, when one falls?

jman19

Lifer
Nov 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Oceandevi

no joke!

No joke, they just bought toxic waste.

It may work out in the end for BoA, but they will bleed on this one.