Question Anandtech GPU reviews?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

martixy

Jan 16, 2011
Anandtech has been my go-to tech site for a quite a while, and I was expecting to get a GPU review when nVidia's 3000 series came out, and was rather surprised when none came out.
Ok, I said to myself, it's expected for AMD to release their new lineup fairly soon as well - maybe they're waiting for that so we can have a big GPU showdown. But now AMD's GPUs are out too and reviews are nowhere to be seen.

What's going on? Does AnandTech no longer do GPU reviews? The last proper GPU reviews I found are from the 2000 series launches. That was 2 years ago.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
I just don't know what that smilie means, don't recall seeing it before.
So what does it mean? lol

Anyway, their really should have been an official note on the AT page about it, especially when he said in an earlier article that he would be reviewing it on release date.

Last edited:

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
They need to hire another reviewer or have some of the SSD, laptop guys do it. AT has been terrible with GPU reviews and this isn't even anything new, its been going on for the past 3-4 years now!
This site really went downhill after anand left!
You mean before you joined? Your math is "funny".

Ryan posts much more on other boards than here. I get the impression he doesn’t like the atmosphere here.
Picked up quite a bit more than the usual tech info in your first week as a member, hmm? lol...

Martimus

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2007
You mean before you joined? Your math is "funny".

Picked up quite a bit more than the usual tech info in your first week as a member, hmm? lol...
He may have just gotten an account to try to figure out why there weren't any reviews. No other site has in depth reviews like Anandtech, so when they are missing it, people try to find out if they are still doing them. In this case it appears this is a temporary outage, but I don't know.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
He may have just gotten an account to try to figure out why there weren't any reviews. No other site has in depth reviews like Anandtech, so when they are missing it, people try to find out if they are still doing them.
I get that, I just thought it read funny as if he were a 20 year veteran member making declarations.
A claim that something has "gone downhill" before you even joined is just a bit silly imho.

P2020

Banned
Nov 23, 2020

my bad.

I wasn’t aware that my knowledge of who posts at other forums is based upon how long I’ve been registered at this forum.

Please advise me on how long I will have to be registered here before my tech info will be “usual”. Thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: Tlh97 and Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
I wasn’t aware that my knowledge of who posts at other forums is based upon how long I’ve been registered at this forum.
Your facetiousness is cute.
I get the impression he doesn’t like the atmosphere here.
That's subjective opinion more than factual info about places people post. You are claiming to know why...have you spoken to Ryan? Can you quote him saying as much elsewhere? Or are you just making shit up? :rolleyes:

Reactions: Mopetar

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Don't forget it's easy to see someone's post history, Ryan hasn't posted since May, and that was a handful of times, once in 2019 and it seems he was last a regular in spring 2018, with that account anyway. Still, post counts don't relate to GPU reviews.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
Why are we whining about where and when he posts? Regardless of where he does, that's time not working on the upcoming GPU review and deep dive! We should all strive to be as productive.

The AT reviews are certainly special though. This isn't the only forum that's noted the absence and commented on the caliber of the reviews by Ryan and other members of the AT staff.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
Apple? Meh :p

Looking forward to any real reviews though ;)

-Hey I'll take what I can get.

Its also kinda wild to have this highly performant 3rd player sort of come out of nowhere. We're all talking about intel entering the fray and apple is releasing some incredibly built out hardware (on paper) in their closed ecosystem.

Its not for me due to the closed ecosystem, but its interesting nonetheless.

Reactions: Assimilator1