AnandTech 20th Anniversary Giveaway!

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SKORPI0

Lifer
Jan 18, 2000
Looking forward for more giveaways, i just hope europe members are elegible! :)
Nope. o_O

http://www.anandtech.com/show/11295/at20-giveaway-day-1-amd

However for our many international readers, I need to apologize. We’ve not been able to do international giveaways, and the 20th anniversary giveaway is no different. AnandTech/Purch is too big to do a clandestine giveaway, and that means we need to follow all of the relevant local laws on giveaways. And, as it turns out, there are a lot of countries out there who either dislike giveaways or require that someone in their country wins a giveaway in order for it to be offered there. As a result, we’re only able to open these giveaways to residents of the United States. I’m genuinely sorry we can’t offer anything outside of the United States, but I hope you can understand.

Last edited:

BurntMyBacon

Apr 28, 2017
What's the deal with Day 14 and Day 14.5 requiring social media verification that I'm a real human. I don't have a social media account at facebook, twitter, or instagram. ..... If you want to verify whether or not I'm human, there are several other methods that don't require setting up unwanted accounts on third party sites to complete.

This issue appears to have been rectified. Thank you to the responsible party.

Zuilde

May 19, 2017
still exploring arround threads..
this group so good tho..

goodluck everyone who join this giveaway ;)

twinrider1

Diamond Member
Sep 28, 2003
I think they should make a point of announcing each winner. For us, it is exciting, win or lose. And people just like to know how something ends. For the vendors, it is another chance to interact with their audience in a positive way. Missed opportunity.

Reactions: maevinj

BurntMyBacon

Apr 28, 2017
I think they should make a point of announcing each winner. For us, it is exciting, win or lose. And people just like to know how something ends. For the vendors, it is another chance to interact with their audience in a positive way. Missed opportunity.
I clearly do not speak as a representative of Anandtech, but I believe that they are verifying all the winners before releasing the names. They have the names of the winners of many of the earlier contests. Some were quick to post where some took some time. I would assume that if the winners haven't been posted yet, then they are having trouble contacting them. If the original winner doesn't respond in time and Anandtech draws a new winner, it could be you.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
I clearly do not speak as a representative of Anandtech, but I believe that they are verifying all the winners before releasing the names. They have the names of the winners of many of the earlier contests. Some were quick to post where some took some time. I would assume that if the winners haven't been posted yet, then they are having trouble contacting them. If the original winner doesn't respond in time and Anandtech draws a new winner, it could be you.

They didn't verify me at all. I found out I won because I looked at my name in the list shown on the Gleam.io part on the site. That was when I went searching for the verification email that had ended up in my gmail spam folder. There were several of us all talking about it. BTW I received my prize at my door last week.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
I just realized Day 18 never showed up for me. When I refreshed the page on a few comps I use, nor in my feed alerts. WTF? I see it this morning when I refreshed but it shows it was out on Friday. But I have another computer I had last refreshed on Saturday, but haven't changed the browser for, and it still doesn't show that.

Very strange.

BurntMyBacon

Apr 28, 2017
They didn't verify me at all. I found out I won because I looked at my name in the list shown on the Gleam.io part on the site. That was when I went searching for the verification email that had ended up in my gmail spam folder. There were several of us all talking about it. BTW I received my prize at my door last week.
Well, that's upsetting. Good thing I left a disclaimmer about not being a representative for Anandtech. At least you got your prize. How did they know where to send it?

Optimistic outlook is that they went ahead and sent it because they already had the necessary information to send it and others are stalled because they don't have that information. Pessimistic outlook is a combination of technical, logistic, and/or scheduling (yes, I put it nicely) issues on the part of gleam.io or perhaps anandtech.

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Well, that's upsetting. Good thing I left a disclaimmer about not being a representative for Anandtech. At least you got your prize. How did they know where to send it?

Optimistic outlook is that they went ahead and sent it because they already had the necessary information to send it and others are stalled because they don't have that information. Pessimistic outlook is a combination of technical, logistic, and/or scheduling (yes, I put it nicely) issues on the part of gleam.io or perhaps anandtech.

They sent an email which I had to respond to that I was the person that was the one that entered the contest. Then they send me some paperwork which I had to fill out, get notarized, and send back to them. Paperwork included who I was info as well as where I lived and contact info.

Awethentic

May 23, 2017
Looks like a great giveaway. Thanks to ANandTech for the cool contest and sponsors for their prizes. Great SSDs - about just as fast as the Sammies! All the best, cheers and enjoy. A

HumblePie

Lifer
Oct 30, 2000
Was glad I was able to win something, although last contest entry hasn't ended yet. Are we going to get updates on who won those days which don't show winners for?