An old friend paid me a visit

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Seems like the flu or a cold has decided to make itself known to me for the first time in years. Some upper respiratory sniffles, sneezing, sore tissue when waking up, and all in my left nose. How considerate to spare my right nose.

Good to know old buddy hasn't changed much and is different from "The Newcomer". This one stays in the upper respiratory tract and irritates the nose in an obvious manner. I prefer that to the chest attack and morphine doses of The Newcomer.

And yes, I did get check for "The Newcomer" and it didn't show up on the tests.

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Had an upper respiratory thing going all around Houston area about a month ago. I was convinced it might be covid since I actually ended up losing my sense of taste for a day or two, but a test confirmed it was just a nasty sinus cold. I know a lot of people who all got the same thing, lasted about a week, week and a half.

Torn Mind

Lifer
Nov 25, 2012
Had an upper respiratory thing going all around Houston area about a month ago. I was convinced it might be covid since I actually ended up losing my sense of taste for a day or two, but a test confirmed it was just a nasty sinus cold. I know a lot of people who all got the same thing, lasted about a week, week and a half.
Lucky for me, as a person who has experienced COVID, COVID hasn't done anything to my nose or throat, so disambiguation is rather easy between it and the old familiar flu. COVID actually makes it hard to really want to stand and breathing gets affected.

Whatever I got started off as an itchy left nose.

Yesterday, either I got another flu or the same thing decided to blow up a bit, as my left nose went sniffling crazy and I had to cave and take some ibuprofen.