An explanation of a vote for Kerry

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: BroeBo
So are liberals tree hugging hippies or rich elitists?

BTW: ForThePeople wins this debate. Nice job man.

yup, he wins the debate with stellar comments like:

Originally posted by: ForThePeople
How freaking hard is it to realize that your salary reflects your importance to society?

and:

What you people don't realize, or want to admit, is that those jobs are only possible because of the overtaxed educated people who pay for it.

Or how about....

There is nothing proud about having to work in manual labor. It is no accident that those who do are poorly educated.

the blue states, who are indeed the tax base of the nation

How about you say "thank you for letting me keep my farm and be able to raise a family." Or "I appreciate the roads on which I drive but which you paid for," or "I am glad that you have states with great educational systems that produce some of the best students in the world."

You make fun of liberals despite the fact that it was liberal presidents and liberal policies which brought us the greatest economic times

Yup...For the people is anything but and truly a clASS act.

LordPhoenix

Golden Member
Jul 1, 2004
" This man seems un-informed on the role of an American President. "

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
Originally posted by: bozack
Let's start with the basics. This is your red state anti-intellectualism at its finest. Work is only hard or worthwhile if it is somehow physically demanding. The quiet nobility of the farmer, day laborer, construction worker, etc. Those jobs of the everyman unencumbered by book learning. The simple life. That great red state myth.

What you people don't realize, or want to admit, is that those jobs are only possible because of the overtaxed educated people who pay for it.

Lets start with the basics, your first mistake was making the ASSumption that I, or anyone in my immediate or extended family is from a "red" state and or has held what one would consider a "blue collar" type job, but seeing as you are a lunatic liberal I am not surprised by your arrogance and your pompous attitude. The fact is that I personally lived most of my life in Massachusetts and did a short stint in Washington DC working for the Government, my wife and her family grew up in Connecticut...we both graduated from very liberal colleges situated in western Massachusetts (She has a masters in Chemistry while I have my Bachelors in Political Science) and we both work in the Biotech industry...so where you come off with "your red state anti-intellectualism at its finest. Work is only hard or worthwhile if it is somehow physically demanding?and ?you people" is beyond me...

What you liberal elitists don?t realize is that if it were not for those red state welfare queens working their asses off for the pittance they receive, liberal yuppies such as yourself wouldn?t be able to sit in your posh Manhattan apartments, sipping your grey goose vodka martinis, wearing your Mont blanc cufflinks and your international wrist watch or Patek wristwatches bitching about how difficult your lives are and how there is this great disconnect between the red and the blue and how it is all the fault of the uneducated, unwashed red states, unable to see that it goes both ways and that maybe YOU are the ones in the need of reform?

Where do you red state farmers get your money? Federal welfare in the form of farm subsidies paid for by taxing the blue states professionals in their cities (farmers would go absolutely bankrupt without this welfare, just like they did before FDR, a liberal Democrat, created the subsidies to alleviate the poverty and bankruptcies of the farmers.) You owe your income to the book learning professionals on the coasts.

Construction worker, day laborer, etc - where do they get their money from? Why, it's the professional class that wants luxury houses and manicured lawns. Again a category that wouldn't be profitable without those very same educated professionals.

That is the crux of the matter - regardless of what you want to believe the fact of the matter is that it is blue state professionals who make up the tax base that supports the red state welfare queens.

And where do the Blue elitist yuppies get their food, or their luxury townhouses, or their manicured lawns?without the labors and efforts of the lower paid ?blue? workers people in the cities would be screwed, possibly more so than those in the red without the yuppies who bitch and moan such as yourself. Just as the red owes a debt to the blue for subsidizing their efforts, in my opinion it is the blue who owes a greater debt to the red for choosing (or being forced) to sacrifice their quality of life for a substandard level when compared to the great almighty blue and provide basic sustenance that pompous yuppies such as yourself need to survive.

There is nothing proud about having to work in manual labor. It is no accident that those who do are poorly educated. There is something noteworthy and worthwhile in getting an education. You red states - you value voters - have your values completely backwards.

Oh please, so now you are demeaning manual/physical labor, nice?show your true colors why don?t you. This is a prime example of why people in the blue are given a bad rap, because of elitist ass-hats such as yourself. I don?t think anything more needs to be said on this comment as it speaks for itself.

Now let's move on to what she actually said (and here I should point out that your reading comprehension needs some work, bozack, as you completely missed her point).

What she said was:

I am a taxpayer. I worked my butt off to get where I did, and so did my parents.
My parents saved and borrowed and sent me to college. I worked my way through
graduate school. I won a full tuition scholarship to law school. All for the
privilege of working 2,600 hours last year. That works out to a 50 hour week,
every week, without any vacation days at all. I get to work by 9 am and rarely
leave before 9 p.m. I eat dinner at my office much more often than I eat dinner
at home. My husband and I paid over $70,000 in federal income tax last year. At
some point in the future, we will have to pay much more - - once this country
faces its deficit and the impossible burden of Social Security. In fact, the
areas of the country that supported Kerry - - New York, California, Illinois,
Massachusetts - - they are the financial centers of the nation. They are the tax
base of this country. How much did you pay, Kansas? How much did you contribute
to this government you support, Alabama? How much of this war in Iraq did you
pay for?

This is not, contrary to what you think, her "griping because she makes x amount of dollars and works over 40 hours a week." No, her point is that once again it is the blue states are paying for the red states desires. She is making the same claim that is ignored - the blue states, who are indeed the tax base of the nation, have been slandered by the very government which they feed. Sure, you red states love to tell us how you are the real Americans but yet when the check comes it is always picked up by the blue states. We never minded until you started lying about us, slandering us, demeaning us.

What is your point exactly? That I should owe a debt of gratitude? Like I said the red states are sacrificing their lives to support the lifestyles that the inhabitants of the blue take for granted because they have to own their Louis Vuitton Handbags or their Armani suits. Here we have a woman who worked her way through graduate school (whoop-te-do..what as a TA and the rest with grants that can be paid off after graduation??woo there is a toughie)?.or someone who has to work a fifty hour week every week..damn that sounds rough, hell I used to work 80 hour weeks at least and still work about what she puts in, plus I pay percentage wise about as much if not more than she does in taxes yet you don?t see me bitching.

I love this line the best?..

? How much did you pay, Kansas? How much did you contribute to this government you support, Alabama? How much of this war in Iraq did you
pay for.?

Honestly she should stick to griping about her mocha latte or riding out her paralegal who does the real work anyway than trying to place blame/burden on the red?if it weren?t for them working in the muck she wouldn?t even be able to sip her chai or have that late night sushi snack. Seems like a big one-way mirror with people like this.

How about you say "thank you for letting me keep my farm and be able to raise a family." Or "I appreciate the roads on which I drive but which you paid for," or "I am glad that you have states with great educational systems that produce some of the best students in the world."

Here we go again, just like she should say thank you for giving PF Changs that nice head of lettuce that went into her vegetarian egg rolls, or thank you for keeping her Whole foods market stocked so she could just go in and pay for her groceries, or how about thank you for her sewer system and any other convenience that this elitist snob takes for granted.

The bottom line in her note and in this election and in the divide in our country is that you are hypocrites. You whine about being overtaxed despite the fact that you are massive welfare queens and then make fun of someone who "makes too much money." You make fun of the educated who subsidize your lifestyle and venerate those who didn't take advantage of an education and have only their raw labor to sell. You cry about the filth on TV but regularly consume what is on it instead of watching something else. You cry about the sanctity of marriage while you lead the country in divore rates. You make fun of liberals despite the fact that it was liberal presidents and liberal policies which brought us the greatest economic times.

Irony at its best, coming from someone who made a pretty big assumption about my background and current standing I don?t know if I should laugh at this or give it any merit. I love your comment about being a ?welfare queen??hate to break it to you sport but I probably pay more in taxes than you ever will and sorry if I have a problem with supporting a wasteful nearing socialized government that you libs just want to perpetuate and feed with more of the taxpayers money instead of fixing a system that is MOST CERTAINLY BROKEN. Also I find it interesting that you comment on my comprehension and then go on to say ?make fun of someone who "makes too much money." As I clearly stated I have no problem with high paid execs, doctors, sales people or even corp lawyers as long as they don?t bitch about their hardships and what not?but whenever I hear them gripe about how many hours they have to put in or give some woe is me sob story about the trials and tribulations of their life I want to bust a nut laughing and honestly who are they to be bitching. I also love your pompous assumption that anyone who isn?t anything didn?t take advantage of an education system instead of realizing that our system sucks and it is a fact that those in the red most certainly don?t have the same education opportunities as those in the major urban areas and thus don?t have the same opportunity to succeed?but then again to people like you those who work manual labor have to be a bunch of worthless fvckoffs right?

Your spiel on TV and divorce is fantastic?you first rail them out about being undereducated, basically morons?and now you are saying that they should have the knowledge to moderate that which they watch?you complain they are worthless because they don?t make real money and work laborious jobs and have no time to spend with their children yet you suggest the be real parents and control what their kids watch?get a clue, they complain about TVs content because they cannot invest the time with their kids, or hire high priced nannies to police their viewing habits and don?t want them subjected to all of the filth readily available on mainstream TV. With Divorce again education and means come into play, these people get married much younger than those in the cities because not only is it easier to run a household with two, but also education comes into play.

The last line is just moronic, I will be like you and assume that much of this is based on the last democratic moron to inhabit/denigrate the white house then that is just laughable?sure policies such as NAFTA brought us the great economic times we now experience?love it how you left fielders always think your guys are the next best thing to sliced bread when it comes to economic prowess and give little to no credit to the industries which brought about these great times?. you can thank great democratic leaders (namely Clinton) for advancing the efforts of off shoring which have brought us to our current state?

Thanks for the laugh though.

DAMNED GREAT POST!!!!!

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
Originally posted by: bozack
Which would indicate that she did, in fact, "work her way up." And I'd like to point out that it is you who went off on the rant about whick upscale vodka she probably drank, which designer watch she owns, which suit, which handbag... apparently you have no problem with people richer than you as long as they don't spend money on luxurious stuff. You don't mind the millionaire who drinks coors but damned be the liberal downtown NYC lawyer who enjoys a fine vodka.

It is you whose values are off. You are imposing an authenticity test on people and engaging in class warfare.

Oh, and but to refute a little point of yours: no, people like her don't need to thank farmers. There is an international farming market - if not for red state farmers her sushi lettuce (another authenticity test) could easily have come from Canada or Europe or other places. Slightly more expensive, of course, but let's not pretend that there is an equality between the person who needs to sell and the person with many places to buy.

You went off on a classic class warfare rant.

Yet again you fall victim to the same fate as before..... making assumptions when you have no clue.

Had you actually done your homework and read a few of my back posts you would KNOW that I am an avid watch enthusiast and have personally owned two Rolex watches (Currently have an Explorer) as well as a high dollar Tag Heuer. I am also a fan of high dollar tasteful accessories (read cufflinks, class rings, stud sets, money clips, cigar cutters, humidors, home theater, sports cars) and collect very expensive fountain pens (have owned more than three montblancs, a pelikan, a few watermans and a couple of cross with the least expensive one costing upwards of $120 and the most almost $500), plus I enjoy smoking fine cigars and drink single malt scotch such as Macallen which costs upwards of $40 a bottle at discount prices and others....heck my wallet cost over $100 bucks which is nothing compared to a $700 louis Vuitton tacky POS but still more than many of the tightwads on AT are willing to spend on holding their money....

I enjoy luxury items very much and have absolutely nothing against those who like to endulge, many of those whom I know making upwards of $200K/year are avid watch and auto enthusiasts...some also collect fine pens which is where we have common ground. In fact one of my better friends who is very very intelligent retired at 35 a millionare in silicon valley and now sells Rolex watches among others on ebay as a hobby..

Also if you truly consider Grey goose "fine" vodka then I feel sorry for you. Also I would hardly call what she did any accomplishment, especially with those earning advanced degrees nowadays, now had she done it all without the help of her family then I would be impressed but I am sure if that were the case she wouldn't be bitching

oh boo hoo she works fifty hours a week, heck today I worked from 8:30am and just got out at 2:30 this morning...am I entitled to bitch and moan now as she was? no because I am happy I have a job that I love making the money that I do plain and simple.

while you feel that people like this clown are beholden to no one, I feel that she does owe the blue workers a debt of gratitude, they are the ones who support her pompous arrogant lifestyle.......while the produce can be sourced, the waste removal, housing maintence, taxi services and other things she and you take for granted can not.

Hahaha. You really are jealous of the rich, aren't you? I can't believe you spent so much space detailing just how fancy and luxurious you live. Hahahah.... I doubt it's true but whatever.

Waste removal, housing, taxi... uhm, that would all be stuff for which she paid. How freaking hard is it to realize that your salary reflects your importance to society? She obviously is well paid for a reason. And those manual laborers are poorly paid for a reason. How hard is it to be a garbage man? Anyone can do it. How hard is it to be a doctor, or a lawyer, or some such educated professional? The province of the few.

We reward education for a reason.

And I think it is beyond hysterical that you hold her family against her - she would impress you if she was poor and her family didn't help, but because her family actually helped her it means nothing. Hahaha. Great family values there.

And, I'll say it again, at no point was she bitching about her money. She was complaining about the government that takes her taxes and then insults her. Never complained about how hard she worked or how much money she made, only how her taxes were spent.

I think your comment about being too rich said it all. You have such an animosity to "those earning advanced degrees nowadays" it is beyond funny. Education is for losers and people can make too much money, especially if their family help them to become educated. Great values there, you should be proud of them.

F'cking retard.

I would like to think that we don't reward education as such. What we reward in a rightous environment is the ability that education gives the do'er to do better! Many people graduate from Universities, etc and think the fight is over. They fail to understand that it has just began. At that point, they fail completely and serve Big Macs with a very intellectual lilt or they go back to the university and beg them to support the system by letting them teach. Education is the tool. Production is the result.

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Steeplerot
Originally posted by: slyedog
steeplerot quote:
===============================================================
Passing through bases is not experiencing them any more then passing through on a greyhound.
=============================================================

you seem to know a lot about the military. what branch were you in?

USAF I joined early @ 17 to serve my home.

Damn, we have something in common. That sux!

imported_Condor

Diamond Member
Sep 22, 2004
Originally posted by: Sultan
Originally posted by: Condor
Originally posted by: Steeplerot
I am writing this letter to the people in the red states in the middle

of the country -- the people who voted for George W. Bush. I am writing this
letter because I don't think we know each other.

I am a neighbor. I have a neighbor who is a 9/11 widow. She has two children. My
husband does odd jobs for her now, like building bookshelves. Things her husband
should do. He uses her husband's tools, and the two little girls tell him,
?Those are our daddy's tools.? How many 9/11 widows and orphans do you know? How
often do you fill in for their dead loved ones?

I know lots of widows and orphans and none of them got the pay off that the 911 victims did.

Quote: The most cheap statement I have ever heard to make light of the families of the 9/11 victims.
Endquote:

So, Sultan, read this in the context of your statement quoted above:

Love him or loathe him, he nailed this one right on the head.............

By Rush Limbaugh:

I think the vast differences in compensation between victims of the September 11 casualty and those who die serving our country in Uniform are profound. No one is really talking about it either, because you just don't criticize anything having to do with September 11. Well, I can't let the numbers pass by because it says something really disturbing about the entitlement mentality of this country. If you lost a family member in the September 11 attack, you're going to get an average of $1,185,000. The range is a minimum guarantee of $250,000, all the way up to $4.7 million.

If you are a surviving family member of an American soldier killed in action, the first check you get is a $6,000 direct death benefit, half of which is taxable.

Next, you get $1,750 for burial costs. If you are the surviving spouse,! you get $833 a month until you remarry. And there's a payment of $211 per month for each child under 18. When the child hits 18, those payments come to a screeching halt.

Keep in mind that some of the people who are getting an average of $1.185 million up to $4.7 million are complaining that it's not enough. Their deaths were tragic, but for most, they were simply in the wrong place at the wrong time. Soldiers put themselves in harms way FOR ALL OF US, and they and their families know the dangers.

We also learned over the weekend that some of the victims from the Oklahoma City bombing have started an organization asking for the same deal that the September 11 families are getting. In addition to that, some of the families of those bombed in the embassies are now asking for compensation as well.

You see where this is going, don't you? Folks, this is part and parcel of over 50 years of entitlement politics in this country. It's just really sad. Every time a pay raise comes up for the military, they usually receive next to nothing of a raise. Now the green machine is in combat in the Middle East while their families have to survive on food stamps and live in low-rent housing. Make sense?

However, our own U.S. Congress voted themselves a raise. Many of you don't know that they only have to be in Congress one time to receive a pension that is more than $15,000 per month. And most are now equal to being millionaires plus. They do not receive Social Security on retirement because they didn't have to pay into the system.

If some of the military people stay in for 20 years and get out as an E-7, they may receive a pension of $1,000 per month, and the very people who placed them in harm's way receives a pension of $15,000 per month.

I would like to see our elected officials pick up a weapon and join ranks before they start! cutting out benefits and lowering pay for our sons and daughters who are now fighting.
"When do we finally do something about this?" If this doesn't seem fair to you, it is time to forward this to as many people as you can.