An argument for Gun Control....that cannot be denied! White Arkansas woman pulls gun on 4 black fundraising teens

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

DarthKyrie

Golden Member
Jul 11, 2016
Turns out you're not weird for being a sociopath, just for realizing that you are.

Somewhat. The truth of the matter is that most sociopaths have very high IQs which means that they are very much aware of their emotional shortcomings.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
Somewhat. The truth of the matter is that most sociopaths have very high IQs which means that they are very much aware of their emotional shortcomings.
But don't even care. Oh wait that's Psychopaths, who as I've been told don't even have emotions.

whm1974

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2016
I have correct myself about psychopaths not having emotions. They do have them, but but don't feel guilt, remorse, empathy, and a few others.

Jul 9, 2009
I see no reason at all this is an argument for gun control. Her husband has access to all sorts of firearms because of his government job.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
I see no reason at all this is an argument for gun control. Her husband has access to all sorts of firearms because of his government job.

I see this as a means of controlling guns because if she and others act irresponsibly results in prison time then behaviors will change to adapt to that "ecosystem" for most. Exceptions? Of course. I suggest we release all non-violent drug users along with job opportunities for them to be sober and employed. National Parks can use a lot of work as an example, but if they want to ah heck off then that would be their choice. Let those go and start populating for firearm offenses. Win/win.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
So, fundraising while black, seems legit.

Punishment, 2 years in jail, revoked gun ownership for life

Looks like Arkansas is like other states and pointing a gun at someone not creating a reasonable threat is aggravated assault. I know in AZ it's considered aggravated assault and you can get put in prison for a mandatory 1.5 years up to 3. Once that happens (and this would be the same in Arkansas as it's a federal law) any right to own a gun goes out the window. You'd be considered a convicted felon and be prohibited from every touching one, let alone owning one.

Skel

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
I see this as a means of controlling guns because if she and others act irresponsibly results in prison time then behaviors will change to adapt to that "ecosystem" for most. Exceptions? Of course. I suggest we release all non-violent drug users along with job opportunities for them to be sober and employed. National Parks can use a lot of work as an example, but if they want to ah heck off then that would be their choice. Let those go and start populating for firearm offenses. Win/win.

If people act irresponsibly with a firearm, they can and most are held accountable, which normally includes some kind of jail time. Don't fool yourself into thinking just because the US has a gun fetish that there aren't any laws about people acting like jackasses for it.

edit: the people that aren't are the ones with good lawyers which there isn't a cure for.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
If people act irresponsibly with a firearm, they can and most are held accountable, which normally includes some kind of jail time. Don't fool yourself into thinking just because the US has a gun fetish that there aren't any laws about people acting like jackasses for it.

edit: the people that aren't are the ones with good lawyers which there isn't a cure for.

You aren't wrong in theory but in practice there is a wild variation in consequences for similar circumstances. As you say lawyers make a difference so perhaps the laws aren't the issues but incompetency behind the bench.