American Horror Story: Freak Show (Season 4) - Official discussion thread

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
ahs-clown-2-for-web.jpg

Fallen Angel teaser trailer - YouTube

What is known: Freak Show will be set in Jupiter, Florida and will be centered around one of the few remaining freak shows of the 1950s, as its members do anything to keep the business alive. The season will focus on the conflict between the freaks and the "evil forces" who do not understand them. The season will also feature a "clown killer" and a "bearded lady."

Cast:
Sarah Paulson as Bette and Dot, conjoined twin sisters and performers in the freak show.
Jessica Lange, described as a "German expatriate" who manages one of the last remaining freak shows in the U.S.
Frances Conroy, a performer in the freak show.
Denis O'Hare, described as a "collector of freaks."
Kathy Bates, mother of Peters' character, ex-wife of Chiklis' character and a performer in the freak show.
Angela Bassett, married to Chiklis' character and a performer in the freak show.
Gabourey Sidibe
Michael Chiklis, father of Peters' character, ex-husband of Bates' character and married to Bassett's character. His character is the strongman of the freak show.
Evan Peters, son of Bates' and Chiklis' characters and a performer in the freak show.
Wes Bentley as Eddie, a dark tormentor from Bates' character's past who is hell-bent on revenge.
Jamie Brewer
Emma Roberts

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I loved Season 1 (Murder House)... Season 2 (Asylum) was mostly very good, except the aliens were too much... Season 3 (Coven) lost it's way and almost seemed like they wanted to get the Twilight crowd.

But I'm very much hoping that Ryan Murphy can bring Freak Show back to where AHS belongs.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
No Taissa Farmiga?

Angela Bassett and Kathy Bates will be awesome.

Asylum and Coven were great, especially liked Coven since it's modern day. Murder House just pissed me off. Come on... someone just nuke the damn house already.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I think Lily Rabe has her own network show... Yes, she will be missed.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Variety.com

Neil Patrick Harris requests to be on AHS:FS, Ryan Murphy replies, "of course you can be on Freak Show! I have a role I think you'd love."

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
i need to get on this show. loved season 1 and watched only part of season 2 (don't remember why i never finished it, but i enjoyed it). the trailers for season 4 look awesome, and that clown looks so badass too. hope it's on demand so i can catch up for this week.

steppinthrax

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2006
Season 3 sucked.

It just seemed like a bunch of bitches complaining about who's going to be the next supreme. I'm waiting for the next Orange is the New Black.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Season 3 sucked.

It just seemed like a bunch of bitches complaining about who's going to be the next supreme. I'm waiting for the next Orange is the New Black.

I liked 3. Season 2 got so convoluted. Season 1 started off great but ended with a whimper.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I liked 3. Season 2 got so convoluted. Season 1 started off great but ended with a whimper.

I hated season 1...
Everyone gets murdered, everyone dies, eff it, what the eff is the point?

Season 3 is my favorite, season 2 has some of the best acting. Season 4 is weird. Too bad there's no Taisa Farmiga.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
I hated season 1...
Everyone gets murdered, everyone dies, eff it, what the eff is the point?

Season 3 is my favorite, season 2 has some of the best acting. Season 4 is weird. Too bad there's no Taisa Farmiga.

Yeah that's why I thought season 1 ended horribly
the moment we found out they were all ghosts

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
No Alexanda Breckenridge (red hair slutty maid in season 1, pyro witch in season 3) this season... She just got cast on Walking Dead.

mcurphy

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2003
Episode 2 was awesome! I really like the freaks they cast for the show, and the supporting cast is great as well. Even the spoiled rich guy, lol.

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
I will bet any sum of money that something very, very bad is going to happen to Dandy by the end of the season. ;)