American Horror Story: Freak Show (Season 4) - Official discussion thread

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ctbaars

Golden Member
Nov 4, 2009
Only season I've watched all the way through.
Ending was great and appropriate with everyone character in on the action
Only disappointed with the Dandy wrap-up. I was unsatisfied.
Better if had lived from the torture with his face blown off now walking the streets with the twisty mask on, or something like that.
Do the twins inherit all Dandy's money?

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
I swear on my life I thought something like the first 15 minutes would happen just before the show started. Overall not as good as Asylum and Coven but I enjoyed watching 70-80% of it, which is more than I can say for most shows.

I liked the finale a lot but didn't really get Elsa's ending. Why portray her positively like she's in heaven? She may have loved the freaks but she was obviously a self-centered bitch who killed and basically schemed them as well.

JPS35

Apr 9, 2006
I swear on my life I thought something like the first 15 minutes would happen just before the show started. Overall not as good as Asylum and Coven but I enjoyed watching 70-80% of it, which is more than I can say for most shows.

I liked the finale a lot but didn't really get Elsa's ending. Why portray her positively like she's in heaven? She may have loved the freaks but she was obviously a self-centered bitch who killed and basically schemed them as well.

Elsa's ending is an example of "don't know what you've got until it's gone."

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
Watched the season finale this morning. This was the first season that I've seen... the whole thing was "meh". Not good or bad - I could have SERIOUSLY done without all the singing crap.

I thought the introduction of NPH's character so late in the series was pointless.
I wanted to punch the twins in the face every time they were on screen -- annoyed the hell out of me.
Should have never have killed Twisty off.
Dandy was a great character and impressively played.

Do I go back and watch season 1-3?

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
Watched the season finale this morning. This was the first season that I've seen... the whole thing was "meh". Not good or bad - I could have SERIOUSLY done without all the singing crap.

I thought the introduction of NPH's character so late in the series was pointless.
I wanted to punch the twins in the face every time they were on screen -- annoyed the hell out of me.
Should have never have killed Twisty off.
Dandy was a great character and impressively played.

Do I go back and watch season 1-3?

People loved season 2. I personally liked 1 and 3. Problem with this series is that the seasons tend to end on a whimper.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
People loved season 2. I personally liked 1 and 3. Problem with this series is that the seasons tend to end on a whimper.

Every season always has some kind of moronic "twist" type of thing that really just makes little to no sense. Like, why did Season 2 have to have aliens? What was the point of that?

tHa ShIzNiT

Platinum Member
Feb 15, 2000
Oh shit were there actually more singing scenes than the one in the first episode? That was enough for me to write this whole season off unfortunately. It was borderline cheesy/lame before that but then they broke into this whole musical and I had to turn it off right then and there.

Seasons 1 and 2 were great, watched every episode.
Season 3 was very cheesy and not scary at all, watched the first few of those and couldn't continue.
Season 4, I made it through til the musical. That was too much for me. Too bad, because the scary clown was actually a little...scary.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
Oh shit were there actually more singing scenes than the one in the first episode? That was enough for me to write this whole season off unfortunately. It was borderline cheesy/lame before that but then they broke into this whole musical and I had to turn it off right then and there.

Seasons 1 and 2 were great, watched every episode.
Season 3 was very cheesy and not scary at all, watched the first few of those and couldn't continue.
Season 4, I made it through til the musical. That was too much for me. Too bad, because the scary clown was actually a little...scary.

Yeah, they had a musical performance pretty much every episode, with a few recycled and just the same character doing it again. Some of them were laughable bad covers. But, I imagine a freak show doing karaoke would be laughable bad.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
RIP Meep.
Ben Woolf from "American Horror Story: Freak Show" has died in an L.A. hospital from injuries suffered last week when he was hit by a passing car.
screenshot-2014-10-20-at-18-38-02-the-most-incredible-american-horror-story-freak-show-actors-are-totally-real.jpg

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Ya, shit, saw that earlier. He got hit by a car mirror over the weekend.