America blew (and is blowing) the pandemic BIGTIME

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I would agree and I am going to still vote this week for Trump.

I personally believe the left media and the left politicians are responsible for rioting and looting in the streets. The media stirs up the hate and the politicians sit back and watch it burn. They have done a major disservice to the law enforcement of this country and frankly all citizens. I've been left with no choice but to make sure to vote to keep them out of power. I feel the left are the biggest threat to this country at this time.

It's sad that I have to choose between an egotistical fool in Trump and a senile dementia ridden puppet in Biden.

So you agree that Trump's utter incompetence has killed over 200,000 Americans and yet you think the biggest threat to this country are "the left".

You really have been well-programmed.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

I personally believe the left media and the left politicians are responsible for rioting and looting in the streets. The media stirs up the hate and the politicians sit back and watch it burn. They have done a major disservice to the law enforcement of this country and frankly all citizens. I've been left with no choice but to make sure to vote to keep them out of power. I feel the left are the biggest threat to this country at this time.

It's sad that I have to choose between an egotistical fool in Trump and a senile dementia ridden puppet in Biden.
Man you’re going to be really mad when you learn that Trump supporters were the ones burning police stations.

Presumably you are now voting for Biden, right?

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Sorry bud but real men are the reason little sissy men like yourself are safe at night. Your little bitch ass would be washing other men's drawers in prison. You know it. Thats why your little scared ass did everything mommy and daddy told you to. Now you are safe and cozy at home at night because of the protections provided to you and you want to spit in their face?
I don’t know what happened to you but you need to get professional help. You don’t sound healthy. Get some therapy to deal with your demons.

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004

I personally believe the left media and the left politicians are responsible for rioting and looting in the streets....I've been left with no choice but to make sure to vote to keep them out of power. I feel the left are the biggest threat to this country at this time.
They are the reason your wife doesn't get mugged then raped in broad daylight while she is out for groceries. I've lived for almost 2 years with those people. They are violent, no common sense, no reasoning with them , etc.. I feel bad for the cops that had to pull these pieces of shit off the streets while worried if these pieces of shits friends were going to shoot them in the back the whole time.
Sorry bud but real men are the reason little sissy men like yourself are safe at night.
lol. I'm not even white genius. Move onto the next step in the leftist playbook.
I don't know any native Texans stupid enough to vote Democrat.
I had a reply after reading that initial post of yours, but after making my way through the rest of the 3 page thread and your other nonsense, I decided you are not worthy of my well-thought, logical response. I pity you for your brainwashed state, you are truly gone (not to mention stubbornly ignorant).

Reactions: ch33zw1z and nickqt

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Another major failure by Trump administration back in March. Sick COVID people granted entry into into Atlanta International airport and just allowed to leave. WTF?!?

• Wow
Reactions: H T C and Pohemi

Pohemi

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2004
Another major failure by Trump administration back in March. Sick COVID people granted entry into into Atlanta International airport and just allowed to leave. WTF?!?
IIRC Atlanta is the World's busiest airport by annual traffic as well. :rolleyes:

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Well that’s obvious. We hit 83000 new cases yesterday.
Damn, that has to be a record, easily. Looks like the prognostications of a month or two ago that we could hit 100,000 are likely to be prescient.

People, we need to mask up!

Spank the babies if necessary. Yes, I mean the full grown babies.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
It's also a country where many don't want to be told what to do.
Obstinate fools who refuse to follow directives designed for the betterment of all just because, "freedumb."

Hard to tell where you're coming from with that statement, but second thought tells me that you are being a bull headed asshole.

American's are stupid and sick in the head. I should know, I've lived here a long time and choose not to stick my head in the sand.

So, it's better to maintain your freedumb and die like pigs, live like pigs and go down like chickens? An idiot wind blows through the country and near as I can tell it's only getting worse. Well, with Trump out of the White House and the Senate and House blue, there may be some chance to save us or at least not go down without a fight.

Last edited:

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Damn, that has to be a record, easily. Looks like the prognostications of a month or two ago that we could hit 100,000 are likely to be prescient.

People, we need to mask up!

Spank the babies if necessary. Yes, I mean the full grown babies.

We hit new records on Thursday and Friday. Hospitilzations are nearing their July peak. The crest of this third peak will be much higher than July. We probably won’t hit the peak of this third peak until December and then it will take three months to get to the numbers we had in September. IE: We are looking at March before we return to September level numbers which were still twice as high as what we were in May before the summer surge started.

We are near a 7 day avg of 1000+ deaths a day. Once we hit that there will be 1000+ deaths a day until spring. How high it goes is anyone’s guess. My bet is we hit our record daily death during this third peak.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Muse

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
We hit new records on Thursday and Friday. Hospitilzations are nearing their July peak. The crest of this third peak will be much higher than July. We probably won’t hit the peak of this third peak until December and then it will take three months to get to the numbers we had in September. IE: We are looking at March before we return to September level numbers which were still twice as high as what we were in May before the summer surge started.
Yup, looks like not unlikely this winter will be really really brutal in America, maybe elsewhere too. Dang. Well, I figure to stay holed up until I get vaccinated and even then I'm gonna be real careful, mask up and social distance... until herd-goddamn-immunity.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004

We are near a 7 day avg of 1000+ deaths a day. Once we hit that there will be 1000+ deaths a day until spring. How high it goes is anyone’s guess. My bet is we hit our record daily death during this third peak.

I am looking at the summer peak as a result of our lockdown ending and the extent that COVID spreads in the summer. Unfortunately its spread appears to be seasonal and now we are entering full swing with no lockdown. While past numbers indicate it can randomly fall off and "stop" growing at any time, limiting the damage, perhaps this is the moment where its exponential growth surprises us.

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
Yup, looks like not unlikely this winter will be really really brutal in America, maybe elsewhere too. Dang. Well, I figure to stay holed up until I get vaccinated and even then I'm gonna be real careful, mask up and social distance... until herd-goddamn-immunity.

Humans have had to endure every disease in history through natural selection.
Why would this one be any different?

Otherwise this would mark the first time we've created a vaccine in time to prevent the first seasonal spread, wouldn't it? And the experts say a vaccine is still many months away. It remains a process that moves slower than disease.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
You used the wrong verb tense in the title. We haven't blew it, we are actively blowing it.

Reactions: Pohemi

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
For everyone claiming, "well America didn't screw it up *that* badly-look at Europe! They are spiking too!"

Well, you need to understand that Europe had, for the most part, reopened by mid- to late Summer. People were going to movie theaters in Italy. Restaurants and hotels and almost fully reopened. I was getting "We're back and look forward to seeing you again!" emails from a number of European hotels prior to the US travel ban (places I've stayed before but never removed my email address from their mailing list.) So no surprise that they've seen a spike in cases.

But guess what? Europe is also moving faster at shutting things down again. Those same hotels are now sending me emails to say they will be "closing until further notice". Movie theaters are shutting down again (unfortunately many may be shut down for good now.)
1603733437215.png

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
For everyone claiming, "well America didn't screw it up *that* badly-look at Europe! They are spiking too!"
Trump says "hold my orange spray tan and watch this", we have such a wonderful headstart on Europe because we never got it under control in the first place. We will blow Europe out of the water... MAGA

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Well, you need to understand that Europe had, for the most part, reopened by mid- to late Summer. People were going to movie theaters in Italy. Restaurants and hotels and almost fully reopened. I was getting "We're back and look forward to seeing you again!" emails from a number of European hotels prior to the US travel ban (places I've stayed before but never removed my email address from their mailing list.) So no surprise that they've seen a spike in cases.

But guess what? Europe is also moving faster at shutting things down again. Those same hotels are now sending me emails to say they will be "closing until further notice". Movie theaters are shutting down again (unfortunately many may be shut down for good now.)
View attachment 32393
Europe knows what it's like to be in a major crisis, having endured 2 world wars on their own soil in the 1/2 half of the 20th century. We here in America are spoiled children, in comparison. What? Me alter my lifestyle because you tell me to? Go fuck yourself. Yeah, a bunch of brainless assholes here, and white American men, I tell you what, I'd count myself lucky if I never see any again. On balance, I think I'd be better off.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Trump says "hold my orange spray tan and watch this", we have such a wonderful headstart on Europe because we never got it under control in the first place. We will blow Europe out of the water... MAGA
History is not going to be kind to the orange menace. We may never right the ship enough to actually have a clear vision of how disastrous the last 4 years have been in America.