AMD's response to the gtx670

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
LOL at your Bulldozer reference.
LOL at what? They hyped it to the moon saying it would have better IPC performance and then it came out and flopped. I spent literally years reading AMD's PR nonsense about the thing and then it came out and forever tainted my opinion of AMD and particularly their marketing and PR departments.

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
LOL at what? They hyped it to the moon saying it would have better IPC performance and then it came out and flopped. I spent literally years reading AMD's PR nonsense about the thing and then it came out and forever tainted my opinion of AMD and particularly their marketing and PR departments.

LOL because it's a strawman.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
I think we all also remember this:
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1003535/amd-barcelona-performance-promises-revealed

Oh, and this:
http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/1016287/amd-to-offer-speed-boosts-on-barcelona

Last one is written by our number 1 sensationist liar tho.

Phenom was to beat Conroe with 40-50%. Bulldozer was to beat Phenom II/nehalem/Westmere with 50%.

http://www.techpowerup.com/138328/Bulldozer-50-Faster-than-Core-i7-and-Phenom-II.html

They sure aint humble at AMD PR. Specially not the forum troll called JF-AMD who directly lied to everyone. Not to mention his actions against people that said otherwise to his PR hype.

I dont think AMD can do much besides lower prices until they got HD8xxx ready. But thats not anytime soon. Maybe not even a year from now. And then Geforce 7xx or whatever waits.

Last edited:

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
I dont think AMD can do much besides lower prices until they got HD8xxx ready. But thats not anytime soon. Maybe not even a year from now. And then Geforce 7xx or whatever waits.
Big Kepler is coming. AMD is in a pretty bad spot right now IMO. That said I'm sure they're still making a ton of profit selling 7970s at $400.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
You know you're in a thread going nowhere fast when posters dogging AMD video cards want to bring up the unrelated subject of AMD CPUs to keep the fire fueled.

AMD makes good video cards, their CPUs are pretty bad. Not to worry though, one day JHH will open that mythical can of whoop ass on Intel he promised... :whiste: If anyone can do it he can, he's our man, go JH, go JH.

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
lol, I am sure that "poser" would make you look more feminine than that blonde you are after.

Unless you are the poser in the photo with shirt undone, I am not sure why you are attempting to insult someone you don't even know. And I also think you would be wrong. :) And take a joke, dude, wtf. I am not "after" any blonde in some random photo. Actually, coincidentally, my gf is blond. But that isn't her in the photo. :)

Last edited:

toyota

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Unless you are the poser in the photo with shirt undone, I am not sure why you are attempting to insult someone you don't even know. And I also think you would be wrong. :)
way to miss the point. you dont know him yet you are calling him a poser. and i was also posting in jest.

Don Karnage

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2011
That's fine. I will take the blonde (minus the baby) over the poser standing in front of the 'dozer any day.

Blondes are boring... Ginger's are where its at

[redacted]

No babe photos in the tech forums. And get back on topic
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
way to miss the point. you dont know him yet you are calling him a poser. and i was also posting in jest.

The difference being that mine was a lighthearted joke, and yours was a thinly veiled insult masquerading as a joke. I don't know why you decided to go negative after I made a harmless, non-insulting, lighthearted joke that doesn't insult AMD *or* Intel fans. *shrug*

Blondes are boring... Ginger's are where its at

[redacted]

[redacted]

This is a tech forum guys. Come on now...
-ViRGE

Last edited by a moderator:

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
I am this close to closing this thread. It's a meaningful subject to discuss; don't screw it up guys

-ViRGE

blastingcap

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2010
For the record my link led to a photo of a cat! :)

As for OP I think it's obvious AMD's response will involve pricing.. it's not that 7xxx is a horrible product, it's competitive, just not worth more than the 6xx's. I'm sure there is a market for 79xx at the right price.