Question AMD Rembrandt/Zen 3+ APU Speculation and Discussion

Page 61 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

izaic3

Nov 19, 2019
Alright, so we've had some leaks so far. I don't know if any of it's been confirmed yet, as it's pretty early, but here is what I've surmised so far (massive grain of salt of course):

If if turns out to have RDNA 2 and 12 CU, I could see iGPU performance potentially almost doubling over Cezanne.

If I've made any mistakes or gotten anything wrong, please let me know. I'd also love to hear more knowledgeable people weigh in on their expectations.

Last edited:

ahimsa42

Jul 16, 2016
so what is the difference between a 6850U & a 6800U? are these Pro versions just "special" vendor specific APU's with the generic versions to hopefully follow soon after?

tomatosummit

Mar 21, 2019
Ryzen 6000 Pro was just released.

I noticed the Gen4 L and E series thinkpads a few days ago and was distraught when they were just 5850s.
It doesn't look like rembrandt is coming to anything other than T series and more reasonably costed laptops from them are getting the shaft for another year.
Is there any good 6800h/s with no dgpu on the horizon yet?

Reactions: Tlh97 and Drazick

Thibsie

Apr 25, 2017
I noticed the Gen4 L and E series thinkpads a few days ago and was distraught when they were just 5850s.
It doesn't look like rembrandt is coming to anything other than T series and more reasonably costed laptops from them are getting the shaft for another year.

Ouch, that's bad.

ahimsa42

Jul 16, 2016
i believe it has been mentioned here before that most of the H series laptops will come with a dgpu so it may be the U series which vendors will sell igpu only?

moinmoin

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2017
i believe it has been mentioned here before that most of the H series laptops will come with a dgpu so it may be the U series which vendors will sell igpu only?
Yeah, that would be the natural sequence considering the U series targets a lower TDP, combining that with dGPUs makes little logical sense. OEMs still regularly did that in the past, but I'd hope that changes with Rembrandt and its improved iGPU.

uzzi38

Platinum Member
Oct 16, 2019
Rembrandt is only going to appear in the higher end for the most part of the entire year. Similar story to Cezanne in that sense last year. It'll trickle down to the lower end next year, probably.

Mopetar

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2011
I'm afraid it's no coincidence the first U series chips are Pro models. So we can expect those to be primarily sold from OEMs directly to companies equipping their employees, not to consumers on the open market...

Makes more sense than giving scalpers more hardware to buy and run up the price with.

moinmoin

Diamond Member
Jun 1, 2017
Not unusual so far, happened with previous gens as well. The big amount should come mid to late summer, at which point the clearance sale for the previous gen starts.

(Though the impact of China's current lockdowns may well delay things further compared to the last two years.)

ahimsa42

Jul 16, 2016
hopefully this is a sign of 6800U's finally showing up in laptops soon

ryanjagtap

Sep 25, 2021
One more 680M igpu performance review, featuring a 6900HS with max TDP of 85W.
If Rembrandt does come to desktop where such TDP can be sustained, it will be a nice CPU for SFF builds. (The performance of igpu may also increase with faster RAM)
It can be the budget oriented product stack for AM5 socket while the zen4 stack will be premium one.

ryanjagtap

Sep 25, 2021
Just watched a review of Asus Zenbook S 13 OLED, featuring the ryzen 7 6800U. Do you want me to post the video, or just the screenshots of graphs which show any improvement from the previous gen? (The video goes on for 16 minutes and is more oriented towards the laptop than just the processor)