Question AMD Rembrandt/Zen 3+ APU Speculation and Discussion

Page 59 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

izaic3

Nov 19, 2019
Alright, so we've had some leaks so far. I don't know if any of it's been confirmed yet, as it's pretty early, but here is what I've surmised so far (massive grain of salt of course):

If if turns out to have RDNA 2 and 12 CU, I could see iGPU performance potentially almost doubling over Cezanne.

If I've made any mistakes or gotten anything wrong, please let me know. I'd also love to hear more knowledgeable people weigh in on their expectations.

Last edited:

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017
Reactions: insertcarehere

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Competitivity of RMB confirmed since even 5000 series are more efficient than Intel s ADL, so all comparisons graphs published by Intel are shameless lies...

Reactions: Tlh97 and Tarkin77

The Hardcard

Oct 19, 2021
Crap. I have a Renoir, and I just got an M1 Max because that is the only way to walk in and directly get 32 GB RAM.

Yet now I am frequently looking at what Rembrandt laptop I would buy. I am fearful of coming across an H-series with no dGPU and a nice screen. I may spend money I need for other things.

Can I join a Chipaholics Anonymous somewhere? I need help!

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
very interesting product but unless these will be significantly less expensive, i'm not sure why anyone would want to buy a mini PC over a similarly priced laptop where you also get a keyboard, monitor and true mobility?

They will probably cost less than a similarly-equipped lappie.

Trovaricon

Feb 28, 2015
very interesting product but unless these will be significantly less expensive, i'm not sure why anyone would want to buy a mini PC over a similarly priced laptop where you also get a keyboard, monitor and true mobility?
HTPC?
Even yesterday bought fancy notebook permanently hooked into all the cables sitting below your TV puts out vibes of DYI DIY MacGyver "carpet tape fixes all" solution.
As was already mentioned, it is cheaper and actually smaller than notebook with possibly superior IO, cooling solution (e.g. it can be thicker vs. notebook without raising the eyebrows) and fit for purpose of actually sitting in the shelf instead to be moved around.

When it comes to weight itself... HP ProDesk 405 G6 (Zen2) or G8 (Zen3) + 15.6" portable monitor is around 2-2.2Kg (depending on monitor) with a lightweight power brick.

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
AMD Rembrandt SOC Die size is 210mm^2, it has been officially released by AMD, much bigger than Cezanne but due to RDNA2.

I don't know if I'd call a 16.7% increase "much bigger". Besides the GPU, the uncore is likely larger too. On the other hand, Cezanne has a lot of dark silicon thanks to literally being Renoir with a haphazard Zen 3 CCX transplant.

Cezanne is stuck in the middle now. Between Renoir and Rembrandt, there's not much reason for it to exist anymore.

Reactions: Tlh97