Question AMD Rembrandt/Zen 3+ APU Speculation and Discussion

Page 49 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

izaic3

Nov 19, 2019
Alright, so we've had some leaks so far. I don't know if any of it's been confirmed yet, as it's pretty early, but here is what I've surmised so far (massive grain of salt of course):

If if turns out to have RDNA 2 and 12 CU, I could see iGPU performance potentially almost doubling over Cezanne.

If I've made any mistakes or gotten anything wrong, please let me know. I'd also love to hear more knowledgeable people weigh in on their expectations.

Last edited:

nicalandia

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2019

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
it's more than that

No. You can't use the GB5 average score for the 5600H as a comparison point as it will include lots of results that were running in low power modes or just plain bad results that always drag the average down. I actually looked at a few pages of scores and only picked out the ones running balanced mode to get a ballpark 25% in multi-core.

nicalandia

Diamond Member
Jan 10, 2019
No. You can't use the GB5 average score for the 5600H as a comparison point as it will include lots of results that were running in low power modes or just plain bad results that always drag the average down. I actually looked at a few pages of scores and only picked out the ones running balanced mode to get a ballpark 25% in multi-core.
Why are you Cherry Picking scores?

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
You shouldn't.

I shouldn't throw out known bad data? So if another 6600H score gets published running in battery saver mode and scores 4000 points, we should just assume that the 6600H average of 6000 points between the 2 is correct? Or should we throw out the bad data point and consider the 8000 pt score the representative result? I think you are the first person I've ever heard that wants to include known bad data in an average score.

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
Dude you just can't pick and choose your data just because you don't like them.

Well, it's a good thing that I'm not doing that so. . .

I guess according to you, a 5600H scoring 1017 pts in multi-core is a valid result. I guess the 5600H just sucks, I didn't realize this before. No wonder Intel dominates the laptop volume sales.

Reactions: Tlh97 and Kaluan

Hitman928

Diamond Member
Apr 15, 2012
Your true colors are coming out now.

What colors are those? If it's the color of accuracy, sure. Maybe you can explain to me why we should include that data point I linked in the overall average. Should a 5600H score of ~1000 pts being run inside of VM as a single core count towards the average or not?

BTW, the Intel remark was clearly tongue in cheek to show how ridiculous your argument is that we have to count every user submitted score.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kaluan and Tlh97

eek2121

Platinum Member
Aug 2, 2005

The correct approach would be to use the median of scores. I used to have a script that grabbed their data and dumped in a database locally for analysis. A shame I don't have it anymore. It would be simple to grab the median then.

LightningZ71

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2017
To get the most accurate representation of its normal capabilities, you'd have to perform a statistical analysis. Ideally, you'd start with the median, then find the numbers that are more than one standard deviation away from that number, then, take a second median of the remaining numbers. That'll get you a good idea while also discarding most of the people that tested with something else running, the few that managed to overclock or remove limiters on their devices, those that messed with the thermal solution, etc.

ahimsa42

Jul 16, 2016
from XMG:

"Our plans with AMD Ryzen 6000 series
Refresh models with AMD Ryzen 6000 are planned (e.g. XMG NEO 15) or under consideration. Generally speaking, models with AMD Ryzen 6000 will mostly launch after their Intel Core 12th Gen counterparts. This is due to the general R&D timeline of these generations. CPU supply forecasts have been placed. If everything goes well, we hope to be able to launch and ship the first Ryzen 6000 models before the end of Q2."

if this holds true for other vendors, looks like no 6800U's until at best May/June?

• Wow
Reactions: Thibsie

leoneazzurro

Jul 26, 2016
from XMG:

"Our plans with AMD Ryzen 6000 series
Refresh models with AMD Ryzen 6000 are planned (e.g. XMG NEO 15) or under consideration. Generally speaking, models with AMD Ryzen 6000 will mostly launch after their Intel Core 12th Gen counterparts. This is due to the general R&D timeline of these generations. CPU supply forecasts have been placed. If everything goes well, we hope to be able to launch and ship the first Ryzen 6000 models before the end of Q2."

if this holds true for other vendors, looks like no 6800U's until at best May/June?

Generally XMG and Clevo/Tongfang resellers get their machines ready well after the big OEMs. They sell a fair number of laptops, but nowhere near the usual names like Lenovo, HP, Asus, Acer, and so on, which also had their machines (prototypes) at CES. At the announcement AMD said they expected to see the first laptops with Rembrandt on the market in February. So I think even if they don't make it for February March is a safe bet for these brands.

ahimsa42

Jul 16, 2016
Generally XMG and Clevo/Tongfang resellers get their machines ready well after the big OEMs. They sell a fair number of laptops, but nowhere near the usual names like Lenovo, HP, Asus, Acer, and so on, which also had their machines (prototypes) at CES. At the announcement AMD said they expected to see the first laptops with Rembrandt on the market in February. So I think even if they don't make it for February March is a safe bet for these brands.
thanks-never heard of them before but it makes sense that the larger, more mainstream companies would get first dibs on RMB.