AMD launches Radeon Pro DuoWorld’s Fastest Graphics Card With 16 TFLOPs

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
It's not user error if the 8pin is pulling +200w and your PSU sees that as a problem and it trips the OCP.

As far as "being all over it? I'm simply responding.

All cards can pull more than the spec. It's not illegal to pull more juice, omfg. You figure out what it needs for whatever you are doing. It's not a problem specific to the 295x2, that is the hilarious part. It's a fundamental or logistical issue. This is so mundane for an overclocker...

3DVagabond

Lifer
Aug 10, 2009
All cards can pull more than the spec. It's not illegal to pull more juice, omfg. You figure out what it needs for whatever you are doing. It's not a problem specific to the 295x2, that is the hilarious part. It's a fundamental or logistical issue. This is so mundane for an overclocker...

Whatever, man. You think what you want.

Raduque

Lifer
Aug 22, 2004
No just like I don't remove or paint over the shroud of my GPU.

I don't however add little stickers to other things to show that I have xyz car though.

Going further off-topic, I see the stickers on my laptop no different than the badges on my pickup truck. The ROG logo is the same as the Ford oval, the GTX970m sticker same as the FX2 badge, and the i7 sticker same as the Coyote 5.0 badge.

Now, granted I added the Coyote badge, but I pulled the Flex Fuel badge and put it there =P

xthetenth

Golden Member
Oct 14, 2014
Does anybody else think that it's probably a really good idea for AMD to be trying to get devs working on what seems to be the trickiest architecture they make to get right crossfired? If devs have that card they should be quite aware of any major AMD performance issues.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
OK so it was announced? Is it going to actually be for sale? I want to see benchmarks and see if I can BEAT IT. I want to FIGHT this card. I will fight it. I will punch it.

csbin

Feb 4, 2013
AMD Radeon Pro Duo press deck leaked
http://videocardz.com/59318/amd-radeon-pro-duo-press-deck-leaked

lFaky.jpg

RussianSensation

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2003
I'll buy one if it ends up dropping all the way down to $600 like the 295x2 did

I doubt by then it will make sense. At that point it will be better to spend $700 on Vega/Big Pascal and overclock. I'd take 85-90% of gaming performance in a single chip over 100% in SLI/CF. Same reason for gaming only, at similar prices I'd pick 980Ti over 295X2.

I have a feeling this card will be way more rare than even the R9 295X2.

If you have space to fit 2 cards, GP104 SLI will destroy this card in less than 2 months, while costing less and having a better feature set.

Also, the Radeon Pro Duo is probably not going to overclock much unlike GP104 that should do better than 10% :)

This card would have been much better if it launched August 2015 as initially intended.

Last edited: