AMD hires former Forbes graphics cards reviewer as part of their Technical Marketing Team

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Not sure this is a big deal, I didn't find his reviews to be that good, they were just filled with PR blurbs.
This is a more of a wait & see type of thing if it ends up being good for AMD.

Last edited:
Reactions: Arachnotronic

kawi6rr

Oct 17, 2013
To be honest I don't think I even read any of his reviews I was just thinking AMD needs better Marketing in general.

Phynaz

Lifer
Mar 13, 2006
Not sure this is a big deal, I didn't find his reviews to be that good, they were just filled with PR blurbs.

Which is why you hire him to do PR!

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
Seriously...
In my opinion their marketing is working. I can't justify the large uptick in amd cards interest from performance or anything amd did this launch. Nothing was special compared to previous launches.
Good pr goes a long way and maybe amds marketing efforts are improving. As history has proven, the tech doesn't matter as much compared to pr and timing

Mar 10, 2006
Seriously...
In my opinion their marketing is working. I can't justify the large uptick in amd cards interest from performance or anything amd did this launch. Nothing was special compared to previous launches.
Good pr goes a long way and maybe amds marketing efforts are improving. As history has proven, the tech doesn't matter as much compared to pr and timing

Yes, the AMD PR machine has been in full force.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
reviews from most places that aren't really computer nerd focused tend to be PR blurbs or worse. i read a review for a PC laptop a month or so ago on engadget or the verge that basically talked about how much better macs were the whole time.

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
No, he was the one being spoon fed, that doesn't mean he will be good at spooning to others.

I haven't been thrilled at AMD's marketing arm for a long time, it is always too little, too late.
Is it getting better? Going from where they were, to where they are, yeah, I suppose it has.
However, it still has a long way to go.

Again, if this new guy will help or hurt, we will see.

tential

Diamond Member
May 13, 2008
reviews from most places that aren't really computer nerd focused tend to be PR blurbs or worse. i read a review for a PC laptop a month or so ago on engadget or the verge that basically talked about how much better macs were the whole time.
Yup, amd hiring this guy allows them to also get access to the pr contacts he has. I don't know how significant that is, but I just can't attribute all of amds recent performance as a company to hardware developments at all.

AMD needs to be able to get pr reviewers to have good feels about their products like people have about other products in hardware. Even all things equal I won't buy amd unless it's at a discount. That's not good for amd and many feel that way, so I can see them doing anything possible to try to fix pr like that.

master_shake_

Diamond Member
May 22, 2012
if they tell him they use ad blockers, he'll make them give him 5 dollars before talking to him.