AMD FX-7500 user review take 2

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 20, 2008
FWIW my P8700 and Radeon 3650 in my laptop both throttle when unplugged, despite being under the same power plan 100% of the time. The chipset may be making those choices.

Enigmoid

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2012
At lot of time with cheaper or very high power systems it that that discharging the battery that fast negatively impacts health.

Or that the computer will shut off right away and the OEM implements power limits.

coercitiv

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2014
At lot of time with cheaper or very high power systems it that that discharging the battery that fast negatively impacts health.

Or that the computer will shut off right away and the OEM implements power limits.
We're talking about 20-25W.

coercitiv

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2014
For a 25W CPU, a 30W GPU and probably about 10-15W system power?
No, the entire notebook began by consuming 26-28W and power consumption went down to 18-20W during the strange throttling. This is based on the Battery Discharge Rate provided by HWInfo.

PS: nvm, you were talking about Scholzpdx's system, while I was referring to the FX 7500 notebook.

Last edited:

Enigmoid

Platinum Member
Sep 27, 2012
While those scores are nice they are not really indicative of gaming performance. As soon as you start putting a heavy CPU load the GPU starts clocking down. Kabini/Beema can maintain GPU clocks but Kaveri tends to drop clocks.

It would be interesting to compare clocks across a variety of 3d applications.

Spigsy

May 14, 2015
Slight necro, but I came across this thread after I ordered a Lenovo Z50-75 for my daughter. I've read around a lot and had a few concerns about the throttling etc but for the £350 I've paid for it new I figure I'm not taking too much of a chance! It's primarily for browsing and gaming. (mainly Minecraft, Terraria and the Sims series)

I got quite frustrated with the derailment of this thread and just wanted to offer my services for gaming benchmarks if there is still any interest here.

The laptop is due with me early next week and is the 80EC005CUK model- FX7500, M260DX, 8gb, 1tb etc.

monstercameron

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2013
Slight necro, but I came across this thread after I ordered a Lenovo Z50-75 for my daughter. I've read around a lot and had a few concerns about the throttling etc but for the £350 I've paid for it new I figure I'm not taking too much of a chance! It's primarily for browsing and gaming. (mainly Minecraft, Terraria and the Sims series)

I got quite frustrated with the derailment of this thread and just wanted to offer my services for gaming benchmarks if there is still any interest here.

The laptop is due with me early next week and is the 80EC005CUK model- FX7500, M260DX, 8gb, 1tb etc.

You might have a mgpu in that laptop. Specs look pretty beefy.

Spigsy

May 14, 2015
From the specs the iGPU appears to be better than the mGPU, so I'll be interested to see how it performs with the mGPU disabled in comparison. I love the idea of dual graphics, but I can't say I'm holding out much hope- the bus width and shader count differ, so I can't see standard alternate frame rendering working too well.

It's here on Monday, so the proof of the pudding will be the eating!

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
Lenovo Z50-75 s A8-7100 perform better CPU wise than about any other Kaveri 19W and almost 20% better than a 15W limited Haswell (in Cinebench 11.5..), curious that Notebookcheck gave it such a low rating, must be due to the low usage time.

A 15"6 would had deserved a little more than a 32Wh battery despite the reasonable (for the EU..) 550€ price tag.

http://www.notebookcheck.com/Test-Update-Lenovo-IdeaPad-Z50-75-Notebook.126422.0.html

DrMrLordX

Lifer
Apr 27, 2000
Nice, 15.2 continues to improve. Isn't the 15.2 Engineering Sample driver basically the same as 15.7?

Starjack

Apr 10, 2016
Sorry if i have to revive this thread, the other thing too is i haven't been on the forum for a short while. Have anybody have solutions to this particular processor (FX-7500) with :

1. High temperature readings above 100 degrees Celsius and
2. At times the CPU will remain at 1.07 GHz clocking

I have a Lenovo Z50-75 Notebook with this processor.

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
High CPU temp is likely due to a bad thermal contact with the heatspreader, assuming that the fan work correctly.

Reactions: scannall

Abwx

Lifer
Apr 2, 2011
What Abwx said. Here's a video for your machine on how to replace the thermal paste. Laptop repair

Nice video but there s a little detail that is somewhat important, at 3mn22 he use the wooden table as support for the MB and that s not cautious as there s surface mount components that could be pressured and either damaged or removed if the pressure happen to be concentrated on a small area, a piece of soft matter should be used as interface to keep pressure from being too localized.

Reactions: dark zero

dark zero

Platinum Member
Jun 2, 2015
FWIW my P8700 and Radeon 3650 in my laptop both throttle when unplugged, despite being under the same power plan 100% of the time. The chipset may be making those choices.
This happens, but on my Intel laptop (i7 4700MQ and nVIDIA GT 740M)... seems that OEMs wants to screw up royally up.

Starjack

Apr 10, 2016
High CPU temp is likely due to a bad thermal contact with the heatspreader, assuming that the fan work correctly.

Well here's the thing, when i download the core temp app, it gives a core 0 reading of 45 degrees Celisus. It would be up to 57 degrees Celsius if i stress the APU after running a game. Other than that, the integrated R7 GPU does be running at that same temp. If that's the case i don't really feel that the whole temp of the FX-7500 APU would be that high. Even feeling below my notebook, it's no where near that hot, so i doubt the thermal paste on the processor is at fault. The fan is doing well cooling my system instantly, even after gaming. According to some folks online, the fault might lie with the system's BIOS giving an inaccurate temp reading of the whole APU. I don't know if there's a solution for this as yet but i know it requires an update. As for the CPU being being clocked down to 1.07 GHz at times, a few did say it was designed for that. Though, others say if you download amd overdrive, it should correct the problem.