News AMD Announces Radeon VII

Page 27 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

n0x1ous

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2010
Quake champions 3440x1440 ultra uses 14gb of vram on Radeon 7 lol. Probably just reserving it and doesn’t really need it but funny to see that number

Jul 12, 2006
Quake champions 3440x1440 ultra uses 14gb of vram on Radeon 7 lol. Probably just reserving it and doesn’t really need it but funny to see that number
Is there any software that gives an accurate reading of VRAM that is actually being used by a game or other program? All I've ever seen when running a game is that it will "use" whatever memory you allocate to it, and report it that way. Even if I set HBCC Memory segment to 12 GB on my Vega 64 (to grab any system DRAM it thinks it needs, right?) Radeon and in-game displays will report 12GB memory being used. It's kinda pointless.

n0x1ous

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2010
Is there any software that gives an accurate reading of VRAM that is actually being used by a game or other program? All I've ever seen when running a game is that it will "use" whatever memory you allocate to it, and report it that way. Even if I set HBCC Memory segment to 12 GB on my Vega 64 (to grab any system DRAM it thinks it needs, right?) Radeon and in-game displays will report 12GB memory being used. It's kinda pointless.
Ya its a bit frustrating. I don't know of any program that accurately reports it.

Aug 6, 2015
Ya its a bit frustrating. I don't know of any program that accurately reports it.
I imagine it's a difficult thing to quantify. It's easy enough to monitor how much memory is being consumed, but how would a utility know what fraction of that amount is actually "needed"?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS