AMD 16.8.2 Hotfix Released [Drivers]

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
Still waiting for VSR support on Beema laptops. I think the iGPU is GCN, but still, I don't think AMD is all that interested in providing support for that.

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.2 Release Notes
Article Number: RN-WIN-RADEONCRIMSON16.8.2
Radeon Software Crimson Edition is AMD's revolutionary new graphics software that delivers redesigned functionality, supercharged graphics performance, remarkable new features, and innovation that redefines the overall user experience. Every Radeon Software release strives to deliver new features, better performance and stability improvements.

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.8.2 Highlights

Support for:

• No Man's Sky™
  • Paragon™ Open Beta
Fixed Issues

• Overwatch™ may experience an intermittent application crash when browsing the hero gallery.
  • With a Freesync supported display and Freesync enabled, some users may experience flickering on desktop during system idle.
  • A small number of Windows 10 Anniversary Edition systems may experience install issues with secure boot enabled.
Known Issues

I've never experienced it, but looks like they fixed the flickering Free-Sync a few people were talking about, cool.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I installed this a few times and it has all sorts of issues. I rolled back to the 7/18 drivers.

AdamantC

Apr 19, 2011
Have they ever added back the desktop color control options or presets? They seem to have been completely removed post 16.3.2.

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
Have they ever added back the desktop color control options or presets? They seem to have been completely removed post 16.3.2.

There are windows display color settings built in that are used now.

There are also options in

Crimson -> Preferences -> Radeon Additional Settings

My Digital Flat-Panels -> Display Color

AdamantC

Apr 19, 2011
There are windows display color settings built in that are used now.
The thing is the Window's display setup is woefully lacking when compared to what was in older versions of CCC/Crimson

There are also options in

Crimson -> Preferences -> Radeon Additional Settings

My Digital Flat-Panels -> Display Color

Last time I checked this didn't have a slider for gamma, unless they've added it recently.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
With what model GPU and OS?

Running fine for me with a 7950 and now an RX480.

Turns out...after the upgrade/s and downgrades my drivers were all jacked up causing all kinds of issues no matter what version I used. I had to do a SSD restore to before that so just got it back up. The 7/18 ones are stable now, not going to risk installing the new ones until the next batch..

Win7-64bit, 290x

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Turns out...after the upgrade/s and downgrades my drivers were all jacked up causing all kinds of issues no matter what version I used. I had to do a SSD restore to before that so just got it back up. The 7/18 ones are stable now, not going to risk installing the new ones until the next batch..

Win7-64bit, 290x

AMD has a clean driver removal tool. No need to roll the whole drive back.

kawi6rr

Oct 17, 2013
I've never had a problem with new drivers, I've always downloaded the new driver package did a clean uninstall of the old ones, reboot machine and install new drivers. The last few driver updates I just let Crimson do it for me and I've never had issues.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I've never had a problem with new drivers, I've always downloaded the new driver package did a clean uninstall of the old ones, reboot machine and install new drivers. The last few driver updates I just let Crimson do it for me and I've never had issues.

I'm running them now with no issues. My issue ended up being memory timings that suddenly decided they didn't want to work anymore.

On that note though, I never do a clean install of the drivers on an update and haven't had issues. I did do a clean install multiple times during the troubleshooting.