Alvin Greene has the employment problems worked out !

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Modelworks

Lifer
Feb 22, 2007
Man somone should make every senator into an action figure, then youd have to collect the whole set! Maybe you can even buy a big model of the senate floor and play politics. I know I would, its way better then playing on the interwebs.

hrm, would need a manufacturer of plastic, some marketing.. just thinking :sneaky:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
And that is?
That they must not have thought very much of his opponent in the primary. There's also that pesky facet that it appears they didn't do their homework - at all.

The guy did zero campaigning. Not a website, press conference, nothing.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
That they must not have thought very much of his opponent in the primary. There's also that pesky facet that it appears they didn't do their homework - at all.

The guy did zero campaigning. Not a website, press conference, nothing.
Neither one did and G comes before R on the ballot, simplest explanation.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
So, the candidate named Aardvark is pretty much assured a Dem victory then?
Yep, when both are unknowns. A dem friend of mine said he actually considered that in the polling booth and voted for Rawl because of it. He didn't know them either.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Neither one did and G comes before R on the ballot, simplest explanation.
There's also the fact that 'Al Greene' is a very familiar sounding name. I bet Vic Rawl wishes his first name had been Lou...

FWIW, there are apparently a lot of South Carolinians looking forward to the possibility of a senatorial campaign debate. What are the odds that Senator DeMented will deign to share a stage with candidate Greene?

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
FWIW, there are apparently a lot of South Carolinians looking forward to the possibility of a senatorial campaign debate. What are the odds that Senator DeMented will deign to share a stage with candidate Greene?
Haven't heard but a win if he does and a non issue if he doesn't. Entertainment value would be very high.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Yea, stuttering dimwit is better than a doctor :rolleyes:
Jack Kevorkian has an M.D, too. Does that make him a viable Senatorial candidate?
Also, the "stuttering dimwit" has a Bachelor's degree in Political Science and served 13 years in the U.S. Army and Air Force. How much National Service did Dr. Paul perform before deciding that Daddy's notoriety qualified him for elective office?

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Haven't heard but a win if he does and a non issue if he doesn't. Entertainment value would be very high.
Pay-per-View? That's another way Mr. Greene could generate some revenue.

BTW, which Al Greene Action Figure do you think would be the most popular? Army Al, Air Force Al or Candidate Al? Would the military Als do better in utilities or Dress Blues?

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
Jack Kevorkian has an M.D, too. Does that make him a viable Senatorial candidate?
Also, the "stuttering dimwit" has a Bachelor's degree in Political Science and served 13 years in the U.S. Army and Air Force. How much National Service did Dr. Paul perform before deciding that Daddy's notoriety qualified him for elective office?
Conversely, what does that say about the Poly Sci department at USC, the Army or Air Force?:(
No offense meant towards service members. I am aware of and appreciate their service and sacrifice.

I'm in for one of each doll. Gotta help the economy.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007

On paper he may sound great, unfortunately the guy is useless in real life. Look at you go standing up for him, but at least Rand Paul can form a sentence that makes sense.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
On paper he may sound great, unfortunately the guy is useless in real life. Look at you go standing up for him, but at least Rand Paul can form a sentence that makes sense.
I have no intention of voting for Mr. Greene in the general election; I see no evidence that he is qualified for the office to which he aspires. I was merely registering my amusement at Rand Paul's Party's ridicule of the little less qualified South Carolinian.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Conversely, what does that say about the Poly Sci department at USC, the Army or Air Force?:(
No offense meant towards service members. I am aware of and appreciate their service and sacrifice.
I know too little to defend the Gamecocks' Poly Sci Department, but as an Air Force veteran, I must register at least mild pro forma disapproval of that part of your comment.
I'm in for one of each doll. Gotta help the economy.
I'll go for one if it's in the Blue Suit, but it had better be made in-State!

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
I know too little to defend the Gamecocks' Poly Sci Department, but as an Air Force veteran, I must register at least mild pro forma disapproval of that part of your comment.

I'll go for one if it's in the Blue Suit, but it had better be made in-State!
I can tell you that all USC departments suck. Didi I mention I am a Clemson grad?:)

I will be throwing away my vote on Al. Jim-bo needs the boot.

Made in the USA? I'd buy 2 of each if that would EVER happen.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
I can tell you that all USC departments suck. Did I mention I am a Clemson grad?:)
I will be throwing away my vote on Al. Jim-bo needs the boot.
Made in the USA? I'd buy 2 of each if that would EVER happen.
I live too close and know too many Clemson alumni to credit them as any better than Gamecocks.

My references to Senator DeMented should let you know where I stand regarding our Junior member of the Senior chamber. I do wish the Democrats could find someone credible to run against him, as it's too much to hope that the state Republicans will come to their collective senses.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009
My references to Senator DeMented should let you know where I stand regarding our Junior member of the Senior chamber. I do wish the Democrats could find someone credible to run against him, as it's too much to hope that the state Republicans will come to their collective senses.
Same for Lindsey Graham.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Man somone should make every senator into an action figure, then youd have to collect the whole set! Maybe you can even buy a big model of the senate floor and play politics. I know I would, its way better then playing on the interwebs.
I think a VooDoo Doll including stick pins would be more fitting.

highland145

Lifer
Oct 12, 2009

ModestGamer

Banned
Jun 30, 2010
Never go full retard. It's one thing for a Colbert to make a fake run for the LOLs and say stupid shit. Quite another for someone being serious and saying stupid shit. If you want Good Politicians, you Vote for good Politicians.

If you want good politicians vote them out of office frequently.

heyheybooboo

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2007
This race needs a charismatic third party candidate.

Suggestions?

Ol' Lizzie
(SC's most famous resident)

Lizardman.jpg

--