Almost all ID games to be available on Steam?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Sureshot324
Originally posted by: QuaziK
sucks that some of the games in the super id pack - notably RTCW - wont allow you to play multiplayer online, since the CD key field is empty

Are you sure? IMHO that is false advertising, since there's no mention of it in the Steam Ad. Many of ID's games are known mainly for their online mode more so than single player. I bought the ID super pack and I'll be very upset if any of the Doom or Quake games are not playable online.

Yikes. That'd be pretty awful. I was damn near sold on this pack until .. no multiplayer? I just want to have 'em all in the same collection! Guess I'll have to sell all my individual copies now!

Skacer

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
I want this collection but I'm going to wait until all the bugs w/ these Steam packages get ironed out. I also want to see if people use this opportunity to port some of this stuff over to native Steam, so that you can easily network with other players over Steam.

Sureshot324

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Why is the Original Doom not in this package? Why is Quake 2 version 3.19 instead of 3.20?

I haven't been able to get any of the dosbox games to work on Vista x64. Dosbox opens and 3 seconds later the program crashes. Anyone had more luck?

Runes911

Golden Member
Dec 6, 2000
Originally posted by: Sureshot324
Why is the Original Doom not in this package? Why is Quake 2 version 3.19 instead of 3.20?

I haven't been able to get any of the dosbox games to work on Vista x64. Dosbox opens and 3 seconds later the program crashes. Anyone had more luck?

Ultimate DOOM is the original according to steam

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
I've only fired up a few games so far. I get horrible, but beautifully colorful, artifacting in it. But I loaded GLQuake, perhaps I should load one of the other options, see if I fair better.

I also ran into minor problems with Doom 3. When I first loaded Doom3, it came up with a box asking for a CD Key, with a key already in place. Clicking Okay returned an error, saying the key was invalid. I loaded the D3 expansion, which loaded fine. Afterwards, regular Doom 3 ran without a problem.