All Statues and Monuments must come down

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Oh really?

By your very own logic, someone could go to this thread - https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/seattle-autonomous-zone.2581680/page-20

and say this just like you did....

" Oh Boo Hoo!! Humans have been maimed by vehicles for years....so what`s the issue? "

See how stupid of what you said?

And before you and your ilks try to put your own words as mine, I never say humans and statuses are the same so don't even try to go there and twist it into your agenda.
Ohh Boo Hoo Humans have been killed by cars ! So what is the issue again??

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
ksVohvj.png

they sure love their traitors, will defend them no matter how stupid the argument

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
The entire city of Dubai also needs to be raised down.
Lets also not forget almost every art at the Getty Museum with roman/greek themes, as well as the entire island of CUBA seeing how Columbus was responsible for that.
Lets also change the name America, to something else, as America was named by Amerigo Vespucci.

While were on that note, we might as well tear down every muslim mosque while were at it, as their entire religion has a confliction with woman rights.
People these days are honestly quite stupid, and freckle.

We need things like this to remind us of what we were, and how far we become, so we don't regress back to what we were, like how we are now.

Dec 10, 2005
People these days are honestly quite stupid, and freckle
Have you seen your insane post?

We're talking about removing statues put up to explicitly celebrate white supremacy. The statues we keep in public places, like parks, is a reflection of what our society values. It had nothing to do with remembering the past - it's not like history books will cease to exist if we rip down most of these statues celebrating fairly vile people

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Lets also not forget almost every art at the Getty Museum with roman/greek themes, as well as the entire island of CUBA seeing how Columbus was responsible for that.
Lets also change the name America, to something else, as America was named by Amerigo Vespucci.

While were on that note, we might as well tear down every muslim mosque while were at it, as their entire religion has a confliction with woman rights.

We need things like this to remind us of what we were, and how far we become, so we don't regress back to what we were, like how we are now.

I agree. All this exercise is doing is re-writing history.

• Haha
Reactions: ch33zw1z

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004

MrSquished

Lifer
Jan 14, 2013

Your parallels are really dumb and nonsensical. They make no sense. Congrats.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I can't believe this abomination existed in the first place. As a resident of Arlington, I knew that it was the Lee's family estate that was turned into Arlington Cemetery as a kind of punishment/insult to his participation in the insurrection against this country.

Of course Yunkin is wasting the state's money ,saving what is clearly a KKK promotion statue.

Last edited:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Monuments can represent the monumental stupidity of bigotry. Too bad the bigotry can't similarly be dismantled.

Reactions: hal2kilo

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
How's Trumpkin saying it was a KKK promotion a good thing, so it should be saved. Mis translation?
Sorry, couple of typos, fixed now. Youngkin is paying to move the statue to state property. Even though this statue is obviously about KKK promotion in the 1910s than reconciliation or "honoring" though that fought for the wrong causes.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Sorry, couple of typos, fixed now. Youngkin is paying to move the statue to state property. Even though this statue is obviously about KKK promotion in the 1910s than reconciliation or "honoring" though that fought for the wrong causes.
I figured something got garbled. I didn't know those details about Trumpkin saving the statue. I still think my "moderate" brother voted for the POS. Lives in Loudon with all those troubles at the schools. How a weird mishandled incident at a High School motivates people I'll never understand. I'm sure they have some kind of Moms for Liberty involved.