Alky's thread.

Page 33 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I'm sorry, you're just a few years younger than me and you are acting like this, driving a teeny beamer instead of a mans car, divorcing your wife, talking about eating sushi from womens bodies and sheit like that...

Then a thread about designer jeans...

Now you can live your life any way you choose but from where i sit it's getting a bit pathetic.

I'm just awaiting your threads about chest implants (you desperatly need them, you have no pecs) and HGH so you may rejuvinate yourself to a position where you don't have to sit down while the date is dancing.

Just accept it, you're 42 years old, it's time to act your age and rather than to go teeny bopping (which is all too easy) find a woman who you don't need to pretend you can keep up with.

Sorry gramps, those days are over.

I missed this post. You are just an old man posing.

dumbass.

PhoKingGuy

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2007
That is a big lol though, $120k is a nice SINGLE income. Dual not so great but you aint going to starve on it.

All of my friends who went PA are making pretty much that 4 years out of undergrad.

Hell all of my business friends are pulling 200k+, I picked the wrong field.

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
120k a year isn't that amazing.....

That alky is so upset that my field pays well shows how pathetic his m3 life is.

All of my friends who went PA are making pretty much that 4 years out of undergrad.

Hell all of my business friends are pulling 200k+, I picked the wrong field.
_____
Yep.

I could drop out now and be making a much higher salary than I will as a professor with my MBA/GMAT/StatsKnowledge in the time it takes to finish out my degree. For the record, I said 100k+ (and I was underestimating it)

Alky can't wrap his mind around the average starting professor pay in business:

ote0sw.png

Since my wife will also have her doctoral degree in 2 or so years, when I'm done our combined take home should be more than Alky can imagine... enough to buy a NEW M3!

Last edited:

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
120k a year isn't that amazing.....

lol that's double what I make, and I'm fairly well off. No debt, ahead on my mortgage, I buy myself toys regularly (though I probably should be putting more of that into savings). 120k and it would be like winning the cash for life lotto. Freedom 45 here we come lol.

I'm quite happy with my 60k job though. A 120k job is most likely some type of exec management with lot of stress and you're pretty much bringing your work home all the time. No thanks.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Hey look; it's someone who never posts in an Alky thread, posting in an Alky thread! :eek:

Alky: I'm not familiar with your situation. Do you have kids with your current wife? Does she work? Does she have a college degree? Is she handicapped in any way? These are serious questions and I'm asking b/c the judge WILL take all of the above into account when looking at child support/alimony.

Have you considered your total financial situation? ALL INCOME DOWN TO THE PENNY that was amassed starting from the day you married, 50%+ is HERS, period. As well as your precious M3. If you have kids, you need to put them first and just deal with her.

Now, if there are no kids, and she has her own income, is not handicapped in any way, etc, then dump the bitch and start over. I've always said that the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. :biggrin: But that only applies if you can truly live with "what your situation will be" post-divorce. Some people cannot put a price on happiness; others can. Some would rather live in a 3,000SF house and be miserable, rather than a 2BR apartment and be happy. You need to think it all out before you do anything rash....or stupid. Good luck, man.

Last edited:

Dr. Zaus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2008
lol that's double what I make, and I'm fairly well off. No debt, ahead on my mortgage, I buy myself toys regularly (though I probably should be putting more of that into savings). 120k and it would be like winning the cash for life lotto. Freedom 45 here we come lol.

I'm quite happy with my 60k job though. A 120k job is most likely some type of exec management with lot of stress and you're pretty much bringing your work home all the time. No thanks.

Yea I work (work work) about 70 hours a week and am 'at work' (not available to the wife and kids) about 85.

I'll let you guess where that 15 hours a week productivity goes ;-)

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I'm sorry, you're just a few years younger than me and you are acting like this, driving a teeny beamer instead of a mans car, divorcing your wife, talking about eating sushi from womens bodies and sheit like that...

Then a thread about designer jeans...

Now you can live your life any way you choose but from where i sit it's getting a bit pathetic.

I'm just awaiting your threads about chest implants (you desperatly need them, you have no pecs) and HGH so you may rejuvinate yourself to a position where you don't have to sit down while the date is dancing.

Just accept it, you're 42 years old, it's time to act your age and rather than to go teeny bopping (which is all too easy) find a woman who you don't need to pretend you can keep up with.

Sorry gramps, those days are over.

/this

lol

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Hey look; it's someone who never posts in an Alky thread, posting in an Alky thread! :eek:

Alky: I'm not familiar with your situation. Do you have kids with your current wife? Does she work? Does she have a college degree? Is she handicapped in any way? These are serious questions and I'm asking b/c the judge WILL take all of the above into account when looking at child support/alimony.

Have you considered your total financial situation? ALL INCOME DOWN TO THE PENNY that was amassed starting from the day you married, 50%+ is HERS, period. As well as your precious M3. If you have kids, you need to put them first and just deal with her.

Now, if there are no kids, and she has her own income, is not handicapped in any way, etc, then dump the bitch and start over. I've always said that the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. :biggrin: But that only applies if you can truly live with "what your situation will be" post-divorce. Some people cannot put a price on happiness; others can. Some would rather live in a 3,000SF house and be miserable, rather than a 2BR apartment and be happy. You need to think it all out before you do anything rash....or stupid. Good luck, man.

We are not hiring lawyers nor contesting anything. We are doing a separation agreement, presenting it to the court and it's done. They don't split things up automatically...I don't know where the fuck you guys get this from.

You also have to realize she has a ton of savings herself, that I would be entitled to half off as well.

I pay pretty much all the bills here so post divorce will actually be a net-savings to me.

In Florida it's extremely rare for alimony to be granted in an under 17 year marriage to begin with...even at that length rare if the spouse works at all.

We have no kids, all real property is under my name only and most of our accounts are not joint. I am taking on the debt we may have at the time she exits the country, her car and she walks with the proceeds from our wedding / engagement rings and cash that will equal $20k plus her 401K and all her other savings/retirement accounts.

It's a simple procedure, there is no war.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Plenty of coffee maker with timer. The coffee you buy is much more important than the coffee maker.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DCC-...ker+with+clock

It's on sale.

This one grinds it just before brewing.
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-DGB-...ker+with+clock

I went ahead and got the first one, came out to like 15 dollars after the 50 off for the visa card offer and the 7.50 coupon. Anyways, whats some good coffee to stick thru it? I bought a bag of DD french vanilla to try out, doesn't seem too bad, but am interested in what else to try.