Alaska cancels Snow Crab season

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
Hmm…I wonder what could have caused it? Too bad there isn’t some sort of investigative body that looks at data and looks for patterns or cause and effect. Man I feel like if such a thing existed we as a species could make way better decisions about things that impact our environment. Like if there was something that could back up or disprove our feelings using facts, I think we could really make society better.

In the meantime, I guess we’ll just keep listening to those with really strong feels, those who speak the loudest, I’m guessing. Otherwise, if you aren’t loud and confident in your feels, you are probably wrong.

pete6032

Diamond Member
Dec 3, 2010
Hmm…I wonder what could have caused it? Too bad there isn’t some sort of investigative body that looks at data and looks for patterns or cause and effect. Man I feel like if such a thing existed we as a species could make way better decisions about things that impact our environment. Like if there was something that could back up or disprove our feelings using facts, I think we could really make society better.

In the meantime, I guess we’ll just keep listening to those with really strong feels, those who speak the loudest, I’m guessing. Otherwise, if you aren’t loud and confident in your feels, you are probably wrong.
Why do you hate freedom?

/sarcasm

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Wildlife populations plunge 69% since 1970: WWF
(Phys.org)

the-report-found-that.jpg

Anyone doubting the human-race has mostly screwed itself over need only read the above article.

That's nearly 75% of all animal-life GONE (poof!) in the last 50 years.

Let that sink in. :fearscream:

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
They are the only ones who care bout the environment. If you werent such a dodo you would realize that.

Well I want to vote for the party that cares about the environment and if that isn’t the democrats then you’ll have to show me what republicans have done in the last twenty years that has been positive for the environment. When can I see some examples?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I am a good person. Good people care about the environment. Good people are also Republicans. Therefore Republicans care about the environment. Truth is self evident by being true. Evident and evidence are the same thing.

Reactions: DarthKyrie

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Anyone know about the King Crab season?

The Alaska Department of Fish and Game canceled all opilio snow, red king crab, and blue king crab seasons for 2022-2023, in a major blow to North Pacific fishermen after trawl surveys revealed the stock is below the threshold for opening a fishery.

The announcement came Monday after crabbers had pressed the North Pacific Fishery Management Council during its October meeting to do more to reduce crab bycatch in trawl fisheries.

On the heels of that decision came to an announcement that Bristol Bay red king crab will be closed for the second year in a row, and Bering Sea snow crab will close for the first time in the history of this fishery,” according to a statement from the Alaska Bering Sea Crabbers, Tuesday.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Hell yea, lets vote Trump back in and more climate deniers and see if republicans can exterminate the cow, or the pig off the face of the earth, or how about newborns? Human newborns, that is.
Ya know.... it doesn't take a killer meteor to cause catastrophic extinction, one ignorant ass republican politician will easily do.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999