Air purifiers & allergies

jeff205

Oct 3, 2016
Hello all, I wanted to ask for some advice. I am considering purchasing an air purifier but I have not found any information that shows they really work for allergies and asthma. I would love to hear from you on your own experiences, and any recommendations you can give to a newbie. I have been reading up on this topic and honestly I am extremely confused. Please help and maybe we can all learn together.

Jeff

nerp

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2005
They do work but you have to buy one with real HEPA filtration. These ionic breeze ones with UV lights and such are junk. Pure junk. Get a Honeywell with HEPA filters.

The second thing: get a Miele vacuum. Dyson, Hoover, etc, are all junk garbage. Total scam. Get a Miele. Seriously. A Miele and a good HEPA air purifier will transform your living environment.

msi1337

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2003
I have had a lot worse sinus and allergy problems since moving to Maryland and finally gave in and got one. I got an IQAir Health Pro Plus. It was not cheap, but it does an amazing job and I have noticed a lot less allergy and sinus issues. My family has gotten sick less as well.

mike8675309

Jul 17, 2013
If you have forced air furnace or a/c you can get electrostatic air filters that go in the duct work that will help. Then have room units in your room to get anything missed by them.

Reactions: Ryan Oak