After years on Monster with nothing, I finally got an offer.

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 8, 2012
Sorry. Was it a scam listing? I had a friend who was solicited for a job and he showed up and there were dozens of "candidates" in a room, forced to listen to a pyramid scheme.

If it was legit, my advice is to call them back and ask to talk to the interviewer and see if you can get some feedback and pointers.

For what it's worth - I had that too. In my first job, I was being laid off - I had about 3-4 weeks of time to freely seek out jobs because my manager was so depressed about having to tell people from the higher ups that he had to lay people off...

So I did what I had to do - I shot fish in a barrel for anything and everything and applied to everything.

Apparently some pyramid scheme was one of those that got my contact information and got us all to be suckered in to one room. There was about 20 of us in a room. They gave the ol' "If anyone wants to leave" pre-speech - to which anyone with half a brain (like myself) did in-fact leave the room at that time because we knew what we were in for if we stayed. I think it was me and 2 or 3 other people that left the room and said "Fuck this shit, I know a scam when I hear one".

Fuck that shit, I'll sniff that out ahead of time now at least since I'm 10 years into the professional world instead of 3.

Last edited: