AFP: KURDISH forces captured SADDAM FIRST!

• Thread starter Deleted member 4644
  • Start date

ReiAyanami

Diamond Member
Sep 24, 2002
well as long as we got 'em

so the kurds drugged him and stuffed him in a hole and put a styrofoam lid on it?

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Who knows, but finding him in a hole with a pistol he didn't use and all the hype about him living like a rat etc was rather convenient as a propaganda tool and just the sort of thing one might hope for to tarnish his rise to glorious martyrdom.

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
Asked my son (in Iraq) what he and his fellow soldiers thought about the capture and he said that
what they need is a 'Catch and Release' program - and turn it into a nationally televised blood sport.

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Space aliens landed in Roswell, New Mexico! Film at 11!

rolleye.gif

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Who knows, but finding him in a hole with a pistol he didn't use and all the hype about him living like a rat etc was rather convenient as a propaganda tool and just the sort of thing one might hope for to tarnish his rise to glorious martyrdom.

yep...and Bush knew about 9/11 on 9/10,
they have osama bin ladin locked up in Guantanamo
Cheney runs the country and Bush is really a handpuppet
Ashcroft is Torquemada reincarnate
Dean is going to win in 2004..

did i leave anything out?

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: heartsurgeon

yeah, lynch was raped by iraqi forces and that she bravely killed dozens of iraqis by herself untill she ran out of ammo

heartsurgeon

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
oh by the way, the yahoo story was filed by a reporter for the Agence France-Presse....
i'm sure they are a fair and balanced news-source..........

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
oh by the way, the yahoo story was filed by a reporter for the Agence France-Presse....

they actualy are, they are kinda like Reuters and AP

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Czar

No, reuters is british and AP is American. Agence France-Presse is French. They (the french) have an agenda. I wouldn't believe it until the former two says it is.

Czar

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Dari

No, reuters is british and AP is American. Agence France-Presse is French. They (the french) have an agenda. I wouldn't believe it until the former two says it is.
has Reuters or AP had an agenda so far?

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002

Are the French the only one's with an agenda?
If France has an agenda, does that mean the French paper does also?

Some how me thinks that even if Reuters and AP reports this, it still wouldn't be enough for you to believe it...not until your mentor tells you it's ok to believe it will you do so.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Originally posted by: Gaard

Are the French the only one's with an agenda?
If France has an agenda, does that mean the French paper does also?

Some how me thinks that even if Reuters and AP reports this, it still wouldn't be enough for you to believe it...not until your mentor tells you it's ok to believe it will you do so.

Me thinks you is wrong, Popeye.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I'll go with revenge as the motive for ratting out Saddam's whereabouts- the other part, about the Kurds, seems highly unlikely- the chances of them turning over more than a bullet-riddled corpse would seem extremely remote, even laughable...

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

I don't know, but you didn't take anything in.

In the first place I said 'who knows'. That would certainly imply me. And in the second I passed no judgment on whether the event, if contrived to knock Saddam down from his martyrdom perch, was a good or bad idea. Put down that rubber hammer and stop tapping your knee.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
The sad part is that Americans can trust neither government nor the press to tell the truth. The most damning aspect is that many Americans are blissfully ignorant . . . they prefer good news to the truth. If only for the purpose of having a despot face trial by the people he's oppressed; capturing Saddam was a good event. Unfortunately, instead of telling the truth . . . this administration wanted a propaganda story. Half-truths and BS got us into Iraq . . . and we will NEVER leave and certainly NEVER succeed (whatever that means) until American foreign (and domestic) policy exits the spin cycle.

Gravity

Diamond Member
Mar 21, 2003
I'm not inclined to believe that story. I'll wait till I see it on t.v. then I'll believe it!

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Many people think they will believe when they see when in fact that only see what they already believe.

SuperTool

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Since Bush administration lied through its teeth to get us into this war, why stop there? Don't know if they are or aren't lying now, but they have zero credibility with me.

NightCrawler

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Let's look at the facts:

1. He was in the Sunni triangle not exactly Kurdish area.

2. He had $750,000 on him, I doubt the Kurds would leave him with that kind of money.

3. Two loyalist were also caught leaving after bringing supplies or news or whatever.

D

Deleted member 4644

Originally posted by: NightCrawler
Let's look at the facts:

2. He had $750,000 on him, I doubt the Kurds would leave him with that kind of money.

3. Two loyalist were also caught leaving after bring supplies or news or whatever.

Good points. I never said this is for sure true. I think its possible some aspects are true, like maybe the Kurds helped tip off the Americans. However IF it is true, it would be yet another lie from the Bush Admin.

We shall see..

NightCrawler

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2003
Originally posted by: LordSegan
Let's look at the facts:

3. Two loyalist were also caught leaving after bring supplies or news or whatever.

Good points. I never said this is for sure true. I think its possible some aspects are true, like maybe the Kurds helped tip off the Americans. However IF it is true, it would be yet another lie from the Bush Admin.

We shall see..

What you call "lie" politicians call "spin", both dems and repubs do it so demonizing one party for it is silly.

D

Deleted member 4644

Originally posted by: LordSegan
Let's look at the facts:

We shall see..

What you call "lie" politicians call "spin", both dems and repubs do it so demonizing one party for it is silly.

Well, lets not mince words. They are lies. And I will readily admit that both parties do it. Esp Dean lately..