Adenocarcinoma of unknown primary

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Geekbabe

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
We skipped today’s treatment round, my labs look good but my joints are screaming in agony. The Doc gave me careful instructions on how to take Ibuprofen ( I have colitis) said if I’m not better by Mon or Tuesday she is going to hit me with a short course of low dose prednisone.

Seriously hurting, you could feel the heat rising from my knees, walking was agony.

Starting to feel a bit better after a couple doses of Ibuprofen & a long nap..sigh..proof that the drug that is saving me is at work. Can’t say I won’t enjoy a couple weeks for the side effects to hopefully settle down a little. I am an animal and can take a lot but cried last night because I hurt so bad

preCRT

Platinum Member
Apr 12, 2000
Hopefully the pouring rain has passed, that blob west of Worcester should move north and west. Praying your pain dissipates quickly.

Reactions: Geekbabe

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
A heated mattress pad went on the bed yesterday & I started the Ibuprofen. I swear I slept & slept for hours, I suspect nighttime pain had been waking me up. Still stiff and sore this morning but the swelling on my knees has gone down. Not sure if it’s the Ibuprofen or the 7 pound cat who slept on top of me all night that helped most. She is 12 & has never done this with me :)

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Hopefully the pouring rain has passed, that blob west of Worcester should move north and west. Praying your pain dissipates quickly.

Yeah that rain was wicked! Fortunately, I have always responded well to Ibuprofen & it appears to be starting to help, at least the swelling is going down

Reactions: preCRT

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Yeah that rain was wicked! Fortunately, I have always responded well to Ibuprofen & it appears to be starting to help, at least the swelling is going down

You could always enjoy some of Red’s magic cookies and/or brownies...

Reactions: preCRT

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
You could always enjoy some of Red’s magic cookies and/or brownies...

Oncologist says no go, besides not being approved by the feds, I don’t think trials have been done with the herb & Opdivo. Besides, I don’t need to get paranoid & tip the fridge forward for a nighttime snack :)

Geekbabe

Oct 16, 1999
www.theshoppinqueen.com
Well I am still here, Cancer remains stable, just trucking along trying to cope with Immunotherapy side effects. Don’t get me wrong, I am so freaking grateful... four years on this drug but I would be lying if I said it’s like a walk in the park.

My Oncologist says I am a rock star, of the people this drug works for, only 14% make it to four years....well I gotta get to five at least, still waiting for the perfect smartphone so I might be here awhile:)

MagnusTheBrewer

IN MEMORIAM
Jun 19, 2004
Well I am still here, Cancer remains stable, just trucking along trying to cope with Immunotherapy side effects. Don’t get me wrong, I am so freaking grateful... four years on this drug but I would be lying if I said it’s like a walk in the park.

My Oncologist says I am a rock star, of the people this drug works for, only 14% make it to four years....well I gotta get to five at least, still waiting for the perfect smartphone so I might be here awhile:)
You are a rock star. I'm happy to hear you're hanging in there. If you're going to wait for the perfect smartphone, you'll be immortal.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Great news. You keep on keeping on, and that's a good thing.

At the rate they're going, should they come up with the perfect phone, no one will be able to afford it.

Reactions: Captante

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007

Ahh look, Geekbabe is here to brighten our day!

Rifter

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Great to hear! you are truly a rockstar to have made it this far, you cant quit now stay strong!

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
See? I told you...kicking Red in the junk would be great therapy... :)

Thanks for the update. While it's not an "I'm totally cured and 100% cancer free" kind of update, it's still damned good news. We 'll be waiting for that one too...and soon.

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
It's fantastic to hear from you, Jean. Sending good vibes for strength and less pain!

Next time someone asks your occupation, you can answer "Opdivo rockstar" :)

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Dear Rockstar. My heart goes out to you and your family.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I am glad to hear from you. I had been thinking of you since your last post.
Glad you're part of the 14%