Add 2 more States: Break CA and VA into 2

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
northern and southern CA
Northern Va, and VA

for ca, the diving line would be where the most illegals live.
say, anything below los angeles is southern CA.

as for northern va, the dividing line is easier since there's already an area known as northern va. it comprises of 5 counties:
Arlington County, Alexandria, Fairfax County, Loudoun County, Prince William County

mapvirginia.jpg

everything below that area will be called VA.

i live in northern va. i'm tired of the politians in richmond (va capital) taking my tax $ and lining their districts with it. :mad:
even tho northern va makes the most $, it doesnt have that many votes since it's small compared to rest of VA.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I dunno about your California one, but I support your Virginia idea. Maybe just glom west Virginia into 'South' Virginia while you're at it to keep 50 states.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I'm tired of wealthy small spots trying to get out of being taxed for the larger areas.

Some jerky town in Georgia did this, broke off to make sure that as little as possible of their tax revenue went to the poorer areas.

How much of that wealthier Northern Virginia income comes from the feds/contractors?

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I'm tired of wealthy small spots trying to get out of being taxed for the larger areas.

Some jerky town in Georgia did this, broke off to make sure that as little as possible of their tax revenue went to the poorer areas.

How much of that wealthier Northern Virginia income comes from the feds/contractors?
I am not worried about that reasoning, the rich states already subsidize the poor states through the fed. I am more concerned about civilized people losing their voice in elections. ;)

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
say, anything below los angeles is southern CA.

That is hilariously stupid as Los Angeles is well behind the dividing line. There are entire cities in central CA that cannot speak English, aka masses of illegals.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001

how did they do that?
link?

and what was the aftermath years later?

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007
I support this from the VA side but it will never, ever happen. I always though a DC state would be more useful (NOVA/DC/South MD)

Last edited:

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Calif needs to be divided. The northern half is VERY different from the southern half. I don't have any view on Virginia.

venkman

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2007

The new "South VA" should be behind this. Afterall, they are mostly diehard "pick up by the bootstraps" Republicans that should completely reject that dirty liberal tax money coming form the north.

What difference does it make which industry generates the money in NOVA? You still have people working very hard to earn it and they would like to see their tax dollars spent in their own communities and their own schools.

Steeplerot

Lifer
Mar 29, 2004
you do not know CA well, Orange county and San Diego are notoriously full of whites, and both are the big areas south of LA. Dividing California up by race is stupid, this has always been a heavy speaking/populated Spanish Latino state. Most Californians are fine with it. You can keep that segregation crap in the old south, like Va.

I really do not see why white folks hate on others so much, what little shit USA does productive is done by latinos of all situations, you cant tear famlies apart, this is thinly veiled racism and utterly foolish. Get used to it and worry about your own endless sprawls of disfunctional white ghettos ie: suburbia and meth addict ridden trailerparks for once.
A caucasian Californian bored of white transplants from the south whining/being busybodies.

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
The new "South VA" should be behind this. Afterall, they are mostly diehard "pick up by the bootstraps" Republicans that should completely reject that dirty liberal tax money coming form the north.

What difference does it make which industry generates the money in NOVA? You still have people working very hard to earn it and they would like to see their tax dollars spent in their own communities and their own schools.

As tempting as it is to rub right-wingers' noses in their ideology, we need to not have little pockets of concentrated benefits and have our wealthier help our poorer.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
VA was already split twice and glued back once.

Trying to create an identify crisis

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com

No, people who take Federal tax dollars are accepting stolen money. Federal contractors/workers should quit being federal contractors/workers and earn their money from a purely voluntary contract. However, they generally won't do that because they generally wouldn't make as much money.

Also, it's NoVA (if I'm not mistaken) who is leading the fight against decentralization of the roads in VA.
I'm surprised to hear you say that. I agree with you 100% on that:)

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I REALLY dont like whats going on in Virginia these days but breaking up the state is not the solution.
And even if it were, the politicians would not allow it.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
Do you even have a clue what you're talking about? lol

If I remember correctly they discussed dividing the state in half back in the 90's. The reason it would never pass though is because of water rights.

Hate to break it to you but there are illegal immigrants all over the country. Lots and lots of them in Northern California too. Who do you think picks those grapes?

Use your head.

Last edited:

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Only if you include San Francisco, Los Angeles, Sacramento and San Diego in one of the 2 California States.

Slew Foot

Lifer
Sep 22, 2005
Yeah no kidding, if you wanted to seperate CA by illegal immigrants, youd have to do it East/West, not North/South

MotF Bane

No Lifer
Dec 22, 2006
Cutting CA in half would be a good thing, especially if you could create a somewhat liberal state in the process, something more akin to New Hampshire, except with the beautiful weather instead of freezing winters. I'd move in a heartbeat.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Cutting CA in half would be a good thing, especially if you could create a somewhat liberal state in the process, something more akin to New Hampshire, except with the beautiful weather instead of freezing winters. I'd move in a heartbeat.

Yes, the liberals can have the left side of the San Andreas fault. Normal people can have the right side.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Yes, the liberals can have the left side of the San Andreas fault. Normal people can have the right side.

Lulz, yeah the "normal" people can have the shittiest part of the state.

I'm sure there will be masses clamoring to go live in the central valley, Mojave and out near the Salton Sea. Oh and good luck with the meth problem.

Maybe you should learn that people with ideas other than the ones your small mind can comprehend aren't bad, just different.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Lulz, yeah the "normal" people can have the shittiest part of the state.

I'm sure there will be masses clamoring to go live in the central valley, Mojave and out near the Salton Sea. Oh and good luck with the meth problem.

Maybe you should learn that people with ideas other than the ones your small mind can comprehend aren't bad, just different.

You been smoking too much crack, rabbit.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
At least come up with an original put down, man. :colbert:

Sorry, but with the Sierras, Yosemite, the best farmland in the country, plentiful water, Klamath mountains, gorgeous rivers, the north coast, skiing, Tahoe, wine etc. etc. etc I figured you had to be on crack to dismiss the rest of California so casually.