Actress Heather Lind accuses former President George H.W. Bush of sexual assault

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Damn, and I liked daddy Bush. Are all guys creeps? What are women supposed to do? Look at the answer from the security, blaming the woman. His spokesperson apologized and claimed it was a joke.

“He didn’t shake my hand. He touched me from behind from his wheelchair with his wife Barbara Bush by his side. He told me a dirty joke. And then, all the while being photographed, touched me again. Barbara rolled her eyes as if to say ‘not again.’ His security guard told me I shouldn’t have stood next to him for the photo.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...rge-h-w-bush-sexual-assault-article-1.3586520

Feb 4, 2009
From the brief reading I did she has a pretty lame accusation sounds like Bush Sr patted her ass from his wheelchair and made an inappropriate joke, which wasn't defined.
Inappropriate behavior is correct however when it's an old person the context changes.
I am reminded of that saying about date rape, to some Women it was just a bad date.

1sikbITCH

Diamond Member
Jan 3, 2001
From the brief reading I did she has a pretty lame accusation sounds like Bush Sr patted her ass from his wheelchair and made an inappropriate joke, which wasn't defined.
Inappropriate behavior is correct however when it's an old person the context changes.
I am reminded of that saying about date rape, to some Women it was just a bad date.

I agree it was not egregious. She was right not to press charges or make a stink when it happened. Doesn't mean she can't relate to someone how it creeped her out. She's not suing anybody or pressing any charges. The media of course will whip it into a frenzy.

dphantom

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2005
I'm thinking a 90+ year old guy in a wheelchair patting a woman on the butt and telling a bad joke seems not to rise to the current level of allegations against others.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Not to down play it or be insensitive, but why wait 4 years to say something? I think it looses some validity when you do that.
Absent Harvey Weinstein, Donald Trump and Bill Cosby if she had 4 years ago, who would have believed her? Would you have? Guarantee you at least every Republican would have said she is a liar.

Bush's people did not deny it and issued an apology.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I'm thinking a 90+ year old guy in a wheelchair patting a woman on the butt and telling a bad joke seems not to rise to the current level of allegations against others.
While not as egregious as others your view might change if some 90 year old strange woman decides to squeeze your nuts. Just sayin'

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
You guys do know that a lot of women are sharing stories as part of that #metoo thing right?

Feb 4, 2009
I agree it was not egregious. She was right not to press charges or make a stink when it happened. Doesn't mean she can't relate to someone how it creeped her out. She's not suing anybody or pressing any charges. The media of course will whip it into a frenzy.

Excellent points

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Absent Harvey Weinstein, Donald Trump and Bill Cosby if she had 4 years ago, who would have believed her? Would you have? Guarantee you at least every Republican would have said she is a liar.

Bush's people did not deny it and issued an apology.

I don't have to believe her. If she felt like she was violated she should have taken action. I get that would probably be an uphill battle for her, but hiding it for 4 years doesn't help your case.

And yes I'd believe her cause dirty old men do that stuff all the time.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
You guys do know that a lot of women are sharing stories as part of that #metoo thing right?

Yeah but if they didn't say anything at the time it must be a lie right? At least that seems to be the take of at least one poster here.

More of these are going to come out and I don't think its a bad thing. For to long its been very easy for men to try and deny that women are harassed or worse on a regular basis.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Not to down play it or be insensitive, but why wait 4 years to say something? I think it looses some validity when you do that.

Because like many women she chose to remain silent for whatever reason. The Weinstein thing seems to have blown the lid off of that and its a good thing. Time for this behavior to come out of the shadows and be exposed for what it is. I would be pissed as hell if someone treated my wife or daughters that way.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I don't have to believe her. If she felt like she was violated she should have taken action. I get that would probably be an uphill battle for her, but hiding it for 4 years doesn't help your case.

And yes I'd believe her cause dirty old men do that stuff all the time.
This is the answer I'm looking for. Put yourself in her shoes, what does" take action" mean? Punch him in the nose? Yell at him? Take legal action? For a regular guy the first 2 would have sufficed. But what about a powerful man? She probably assumed the result of "taking action" would have yielded a worse result then the original offense so she chose to keep silent.

So what is the answer in this case??

Feb 4, 2009
This is the answer I'm looking for. Put yourself in her shoes, what does" take action" mean? Punch him in the nose? Yell at him? Take legal action? For a regular guy the first 2 would have sufficed. But what about a powerful man? She probably assumed the result of "taking action" would have yielded a worse result then the original offense so she chose to keep silent.

Meh, we just don't know the context

paperfist

Diamond Member
Nov 30, 2000
www.the-teh.com
Yeah but if they didn't say anything at the time it must be a lie right? At least that seems to be the take of at least one poster here.

More of these are going to come out and I don't think its a bad thing. For to long its been very easy for men to try and deny that women are harassed or worse on a regular basis.

Me?

This has already been discussed hundreds of times.
Pay attention.

I can't this isn't my main forum :p

Legal action. If that is how it happened in the picture then I'm sure there were witnesses. I think you already said he apologized. Just because he's a former president doesn't make it right.

Because like many women she chose to remain silent for whatever reason. The Weinstein thing seems to have blown the lid off of that and its a good thing. Time for this behavior to come out of the shadows and be exposed for what it is. I would be pissed as hell if someone treated my wife or daughters that way.

I don't know either, but I can kinda understand her situation being that the president did it. I agree, stuff like this shouldn't happen.

Feb 4, 2009
Unless there is something missing seems clear. Powerful guy grabs your ass in public. What do you do next?

Or is it powerful guy brushed against ass
Or is it powerful guy had bodyguards hold person down why whipping the ass
Or powerful guy says you must work out your bumb has muscle
Or powerful guy looked at someone's ass and it's perceived he touched it

Again there is zero context other than her vague statement and Bush Sr vague blanket apology

momeNt

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2011
Call him out then and there. Not 4 years later when it's the latest thing to do.

That's not really fair.

This is part of the #metoo, and none of the accusations should be slighted because of when they happened or the severity. Just because you didn't get orally raped while on your period doesn't mean your story isn't worth hearing.