Acting secretary of the Navy has submitted his resignation after calling ousted aircraft carrier captain 'stupid'

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I find it very funny that this moron flew 36 hours round trip to Guam just to get himself fired because he was trying to do performance theater for Trump.
Its not funny at all.
Its terrifying.

We have many, MANY people in high powered positions who arent qualified to do the job and also bend over for an idiot man-child.
America is in deep trouble.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It has nothing to do with what he said, it was the way it was done, publicly in a leaked memo that should have remained within the chain of command.

There is no indication that Crozier leaked the memo or that he sent it to anybody outside the Navy.

Reactions: JEDIYoda

pcgeek11

Lifer
Jun 12, 2005
Please provide the list of people who were recipients of the original email.

I read that it was CCed to many ( some said 40 people ) that were outside the chain of command. I do not believe his upper chain of command would have leaked this to the press. Do you?

Reactions: ivwshane

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Please provide the list of people who were recipients of the original email.
You know that is a wacky statement.....if you read the article....it said that he sent it out to everybody via cc......instead of just th chain of command

Reactions: pcgeek11
Dec 10, 2005
It has nothing to do with what he said, it was the way it was done, publicly in a leaked memo that should have remained within the chain of command.
From the Propublica article, it sounds like things in the 'chain of command' fall on deaf ears.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Trump appointed the bozo. Trump, as the only elected official involved in that choice, is responsible for the conduct of the people he appoints.
There must be one, at least one Trump appointee that isn't a bozo.... maybe?

Trump likes bozo's because he thinks they make him look less like a bozo. If you look at history you will find that the smartest men surrounded themselves with even smarter men. Trump fears smart people.

Reactions: Ichinisan

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
A true leader will do what ever it takes to prevent those under his command from dying without cause. And protecting the orange shit stain's image is not worth even one sailor getting sick.

Agree 100%, and that’s why his sailors cheered him as he left.

There’s always an underlying fear in the military that the officers don’t give a shit about you and are just trying to help themselves. When someone lights their career on fire like that it makes their people love them because it proves that wrong.

Reactions: tweaker2

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I read that it was CCed to many ( some said 40 people ) that were outside the chain of command. I do not believe his upper chain of command would have leaked this to the press. Do you?

Ok, if you don't know then that's fine.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Ok, if you don't know then that's fine.
Wow!! Nobody knows and I bet that would be considered classified information....the email addresses of whpo it was sent too.....
You cannot know something that nobody else knows.....why don`t you tell us??

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The whole premise of his email is that his chain of command wasn't responding to his concerns in a way that was safe for his crew. It makes no sense for him to send the email broadly for the hell of it. The Navy obviously knew about the COVID outbreak and made some interventions prior to the email. The Captain had a choice: send the message to others who have the power to do something or follow orders which were unsafe.

Reactions: fskimospy

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011

Publically\Leaked has has not been established.
Intent has not been established.

Nothing really has been established is that an internal Navy matter up in a public forum.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Wow!! Nobody knows and I bet that would be considered classified information....the email addresses of whpo it was sent too.....
You cannot know something that nobody else knows.....why don`t you tell us??

Yes. You are absolutely right.
You don't know.

Reactions: MtnMan

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
The whole premise of his email is that his chain of command wasn't responding to his concerns in a way that was safe for his crew. It makes no sense for him to send the email broadly for the hell of it. The Navy obviously knew about the COVID outbreak and made some interventions prior to the email. The Captain had a choice: send the message to others who have the power to do something or follow orders which were unsafe.

Considering the challenges officers have in the Navy...being the shitshow that it is, I'd like to know if concerns were raised through the appropriate secured channels prior to the email on unsecured channels.

I'd also like to know who was the audience of the memo.

Some dickheads are running their mouths like he CC's the NY times or his mom with out having any sort of detail other than "the guy from the white house said..."

• Haha

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
This "Acting Secretary of the Navy" should have been fired and not given the opportunity to resign. What a turd.

That being said I do not think the CO made the smartest move on the planet by CCing the letter to so many that had no need to know. I do not think he should have been relieved of command and he should be reinstated as CO.

Maybe I missed it, but where did Trump direct any of this?
Is Trump responsible for hiring a completely unqualified U Sec of Navy?

Reactions: DarthKyrie

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
So why ask the question? You know nobody knows and nobody is going to divulge that information anyways! Seems like your GOTCHA question backfired!!

You should calm down.
Seriously.
It's been reported as a leaked email\memo.
When things are leaked, they sometimes include recipients.
If you can't handle that's a valid question to ask on leaked info then that's a "you" problem.

As to my response to you JediYoda. Take it as is.
You don't know. You, meaning JediYoda, personally don't know.

Reactions: ivwshane

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Sometime leaks serve a greater purpose.
Example: Local cop beats a man to the point he had to be taken to the ER, for jaywalking.

It was totally covered up. The cop was a training officer with a rookie with him, his supervisor (who responded to the scene), the shift commander (who learned about within the hour), and the chief informed and watched body camera in a day or so. NOTHING WAS DONE!!!!

About 5 months later, someone in the PD leaked the body cam footage it to the local media. The cop was fired and charged with assault by the DA, his supervisor fired, shift commander demoted and reprimanded, and the chief resigned. The jaywalker got over $600,000 settlement from the city.

They also turned the PD upside down trying to discover who leaked the footage, but never did. I think the DA told them to chill in their quest also.

Leaks have their place! Without which that neanderthal cop would probably still be out there metering out his version of street justice, knowing no one really gives a damn in the chain of command. The cop plead guilty and given probation, but he can never be a cop in this state again.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
You should calm down.
Seriously.
It's been reported as a leaked email\memo.
When things are leaked, they sometimes include recipients.
If you can't handle that's a valid question to ask on leaked info then that's a "you" problem.

As to my response to you JediYoda. Take it as is.
You don't know. You, meaning JediYoda, personally don't know.
The issue is the way you posed the question as if he couldn`t answer you, that was Gotcha moment!
When in reality the question was stupid and moronic and implied that YOU did not read the article!
Now you calm down and ask pertinent questions! Thx

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
The issue is the way you posed the question as if he couldn`t answer you, that was Gotcha moment!
When in reality the question was stupid and moronic and implied that YOU did not read the article!
Now you calm down and ask pertinent questions! Thx

lol

Whatever